Discovery Networks invalid files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovery Networks invalid files

Wrong container or something. Files are large enough but 21 minute show coming up as 3 minutes, plus av sync issues.

Saving you some time -- no doubt the Fab Staff will ask for a log file and or name of the show you are trying to download. If you can add that before they ask, it will save a day.

Comment

Originally posted by beamer View Post
      Wrong container or something. Files are large enough but 21 minute show coming up as 3 minutes, plus av sync issues.
      I stopped complaining about this 3 months ago...
      I see it actually works now but the files are incredibly small. A 900mb file comes out as 100mb
      Last edited by jimc115; 08-10-2023, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

I stopped complaining about this 3 months ago...
        I see it actually works now but the files are incredibly small. A 900mb file comes out as 100mb
        I was downloading from Food Network. It will give me the DRM MPD Downloader. They give incorrect file length/time. Has AV Sync issues. and is correct size for resolution chosen.
        If I choose "Ready to Download" instead of "MPD", the RTD will bring up youtube downloader and it will spin "analyzing". It gives no eta, amount downloaded or percentages or type.
        BUT, if you give it enough time, you'll get the downloads complete screen. The file is in the Youtube folder and works correctly.

I use channels dvr also as media center. I also use TVE within this. Back in October they noticed problems with Discovery/Magnolia/Food. They noticed the engine the discovery channels have transitioned to using different container/writing/timestamp engine.

They have developed a fix. I record the channel i want using TVE, I edit out commercials. And then when it is available I DL the file using Streamfab so I can pick the resolution, have no ads and no pop ups.

This is a link to their discussion about about their fixed mpg-rewriter that make the recordings watchable. (ahem hint, hint, streamfab, hint hint)

Our TV Everywhere and M3u sources ingests HLS streams that require us to rewrite the timestamps of to normalize them to consistent timestamps. We've released a new mechanism for doing this rewriting that we are in the initial testing stages of. We hope that it will better be able to handle some of the issues that users have experienced with Discovery network based TVE channels. This new system should give us more flexibility to handle more kinds of feeds that caused us trouble in the past. If...

Comment

Working...
        X