6.1.3.5 Unsuccessful "successful" downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.1.3.5 Unsuccessful "successful" downloads

When a download fails, it remains in the download queue and retrying the download is a simple reset. When a download "succeeds" it is removed from the download queue even if it did not actually succeed. It seems to happen once in 15 to 20 downloads. Retrying the download always succeeds, but requires adding it back to the queue. With a show that has almost 400 episodes, that takes a while. Streamfab reports a successful download, but the size of the downloaded file indicates it only contains the audio stream. Here's my example: from Amazon Prime, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet episode S02E08. In the attched log, the first download is flagged as a "success", but the downloaded file was missing the video stream. I reloaded the episode into the download queue, and the second download was a true success. This would be a lot less of a nuisance if the episode could be reset in the download queue without searching the 383 episodes of the show as can be done with a failed download.
    StreamFab - Copy.log

+1 on this. I was actually going to suggest that today!
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
      When a download fails, it remains in the download queue and retrying the download is a simple reset. When a download "succeeds" it is removed from the download queue even if it did not actually succeed. It seems to happen once in 15 to 20 downloads. Retrying the download always succeeds, but requires adding it back to the queue. With a show that has almost 400 episodes, that takes a while. Streamfab reports a successful download, but the size of the downloaded file indicates it only contains the audio stream. Here's my example: from Amazon Prime, episode S02E08. In the attched log, the first download is flagged as a "success", but the downloaded file was missing the video stream. I reloaded the episode into the download queue, and the second download was a true success. This would be a lot less of a nuisance if the episode could be reset in the download queue without searching the 383 episodes of the show as can be done with a failed download.
      [ATTACH]n429149[/ATTACH]
      On a side note, I downloaded The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet seasons 1-12, a month or two ago from Amazon.

When all were downloaded, I noticed some episodes from the same season were the exact same file size. They were the same episode but labeled differently. So, some episodes were actually missing. I don't remember which ones they were but there were a lot from multiple seasons. Downloading the missing episodes again gave me the same results.

I did report it to Amazon but after a few days of waiting for a reply, they told me that nothing was wrong on their end. So, I got the missing episodes from Tubi.

Thought it might be something you want to check on your end in case they didn't fix it.

Comment

I'm only part way through season 2. Eye-balling the run times and file sizes in the folder with 39 season 1 episodes I can't spot any obvious duplicates. It's hard to be certain since they don't have on-screen titles. Easy to compare any 2 episodes, but not so easy to compare all 39 at once.

Comment

I'm only part way through season 2. Eye-balling the run times and file sizes in the folder with 39 season 1 episodes I can't spot any obvious duplicates. It's hard to be certain since they don't have on-screen titles. Easy to compare any 2 episodes, but not so easy to compare all 39 at once.
          In the folder, click on the "Size" tab to sort the episodes by size. Then you can scan down the list for any that are the same size, they will be next to each other. Play them both to make sure they are the same episode.

If you don't see the "Size" tab. right click inside the folder then "sort by". If you still don't see it click on "More" then go to "Size" and select it.

Comment

Here's another one, S02E17. First attempt was "successful", but the downloaded file only contains the audio and subtitle streams. The video stream is missing. I immediately seached the program and added the episode again to my dowload queue and then downloaded it again. This time fully successful. If there's a pattern, it seems to happen most often with my first download in the morning. I leave my computer and StreamFab running 24 hours, but I only download 1 video at a time manually. So the program was sitting idle for 7-8 hours before the first download. Anyway, here's another log file:

StreamFab.log

Comment

Here's another one, S02E17. First attempt was "successful", but the downloaded file only contains the audio and subtitle streams. The video stream is missing. I immediately seached the program and added the episode again to my dowload queue and then downloaded it again. This time fully successful. If there's a pattern, it seems to happen most often with my first download in the morning. I leave my computer and StreamFab running 24 hours, but I only download 1 video at a time manually. So the program was sitting idle for 7-8 hours before the first download. Anyway, here's another log file:

[ATTACH]n429217[/ATTACH]
              All the related info has been passed to the developer.

Comment

The problem I had been having with "successful" downloads not containing the video stream may have been fixed in 6.1.4.1. Since I installed that version, I have not had a single unsuccessful "successful" download, despite downloading another 2-3 seasons worth of Ozzie and Harriett. It's hard to declare an intermittent problem has been fixed, but it is increasingly looking like it has been. Just hope I don't get a regression with 6.1.4.2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.X View Post

On a side note, I downloaded The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet seasons 1-12, a month or two ago from Amazon.

When all were downloaded, I noticed some episodes from the same season were the exact same file size. They were the same episode but labeled differently. So, some episodes were actually missing. I don't remember which ones they were but there were a lot from multiple seasons. Downloading the missing episodes again gave me the same results.

I did report it to Amazon but after a few days of waiting for a reply, they told me that nothing was wrong on their end. So, I got the missing episodes from Tubi.

Thought it might be something you want to check on your end in case they didn't fix it.
                  Unfortunately Amazon did not correct the problem. Having finished downloading seasons 1-12, I used your method, along with the Length field that displays run time in File Explorer, and found these videos to be duplicates (I also checked the episode descriptions on IMDB to figure out which was the dupe and which was the correct episode):

7-01 (dupe of 7-09)
                  7-11 (dupe of 7-13)
                  7-16 (dupe of 7-19)
                  7-22 (dupe of 7-30)
                  7-31 (dupe of 7-35)

9-01 (dupe of 9-12)

12-01 (dupe of 12-03)
                  12-05 (dupe of 12-09)​

Comment

Unfortunately Amazon did not correct the problem. Having finished downloading seasons 1-12, I used your method, along with the Length field that displays run time in File Explorer, and found these videos to be duplicates (I also checked the episode descriptions on IMDB to figure out which was the dupe and which was the correct episode):

7-01 (dupe of 7-09)
                    7-11 (dupe of 7-13)
                    7-16 (dupe of 7-19)
                    7-22 (dupe of 7-30)
                    7-31 (dupe of 7-35)

9-01 (dupe of 9-12)

12-01 (dupe of 12-03)
                    12-05 (dupe of 12-09)​

Please give v6143 a try and feedback, thanks.

Comment

7-01 (dupe of 7-09)
                      7-11 (dupe of 7-13)
                      7-16 (dupe of 7-19)
                      7-22 (dupe of 7-30)
                      7-31 (dupe of 7-35)

9-01 (dupe of 9-12)

12-01 (dupe of 12-03)
                      12-05 (dupe of 12-09)​
                      I didn't expect them to do anything. This happened to me before with another series, and I reported that as well. Same respone. They said it was my browser being out of date and if I update it, that will fix it.

I told them that it plays the wrong episode when I use the Amazon app on my TV too. I asked them several times if they actually tried it themselves but they wouldn't say, and kept insisting it was only happening to me.

Like I said before, you can get the missing episodes on other sites and the quality is just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.X View Post
                        Like I said before, you can get the missing episodes on other sites and the quality is just as good.
                        I did just that. The Roku Channel had them and in 1440x1080 resolution.

Comment

Working...
                        X