Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pluto TV Subtitles and Video Format Problem with the latest release.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pluto TV Pluto TV Subtitles and Video Format Problem with the latest release.

Now that the audio-video sync problem has been resolved, a new one cropped up with the fix.

After downloading, the settings are not applied. The file always ends up with an mp4 extension and there are no subtitles.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Download Settings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.5 KB ID:	429965
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Miss Potter.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	429966
    Note that I have completely uninstalled StreamFab and reinstalled it from the Off-line installer. This was to make sure that nothing was left over from the beta testfile that I used to check the audio/video sync issue (which is fixed).

Here's the log file: StreamFab.log

MediaInfo of the resulting file:
    [ATTACH]n429968[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by TomdeOldMan; 09-02-2023, 12:21 AM. Reason: Added Mediainfo file

Can anyone else confirm the Pluto subtitle and/or video format issue in 6.1.3.9 so it can be added to the SFCBT (StreamFab Community Bug Tracker)?

Comment

Not only can I confirm this..... but respectfully..... it is not an issue that just began with 6.1.3.9.....

It is an issue that's been going on since the end of April of 2023.....

Pluto will no longer download in any resolution above 480p..... It will begin to download in 720p as it always had..... but if you watch the download window as it processes..... it will switch from 720p to 480p somewhere after the 50% mark.....

and then..... no matter what combination of settings you've chosen..... and I have tried them all..... you will end up with an MP4 file.....

Pluto will no longer allow you to receive an MKV file.....

plus..... you receive no subtitles which Pluto always had the capability of delivering.....

Do with this information what you will.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon, NewMelle, hizbf, radiah

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation. It will be added to the SFCBT shortly.

Just a reminder to All... you are all welcome to add issues to the bug list. https://bugs.bbtools.ca I don't know if jpp72, the administrator there, wants this as a rule but I prefer to have the issue confirmed by at least one other person before I fill out an entry.

Comment

Originally posted by TomdeOldMan View Post
          Now that the audio-video sync problem has been resolved, a new one cropped up with the fix.

After downloading, the settings are not applied. The file always ends up with an mp4 extension and there are no subtitles.

Click image for larger version Name:	Download Settings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.5 KB ID:	429965
          Click image for larger version Name:	Miss Potter.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	429966
          Note that I have completely uninstalled StreamFab and reinstalled it from the Off-line installer. This was to make sure that nothing was left over from the beta testfile that I used to check the audio/video sync issue (which is fixed).

Here's the log file: StreamFab.log

MediaInfo of the resulting file:
          [ATTACH]n429968[/ATTACH]
          We will check as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Can anyone else confirm the Pluto subtitle and/or video format issue in 6.1.3.9 so it can be added to the SFCBT (StreamFab Community Bug Tracker)?
            This is the same issue as the subtitles on Discovery+ (DASH Subtitles). I have provided my credentials to the dev along with how to get the subtitles so we will see if he can figure out how to integrate that into the DSCP module. Once that is done, it will be trivial to add this to Pluto, Roku and DRM MPD

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Thank you for the confirmation. It will be added to the SFCBT shortly.

Just a reminder to All... you are all welcome to add issues to the bug list. https://bugs.bbtools.ca I don't know if jpp72, the administrator there, wants this as a rule but I prefer to have the issue confirmed by at least one other person before I fill out an entry.
            Yes i do want it confirmed so i can set it to Confirmed status. When i don't have a confirmation, i then try to reproduce it myself but that can get time consuming with the amount of bugs opened.

My goal is to test all bugs at each new version but i don't know if that is realistic. If you submit a bug and you find it fixed, then adding a note to that effect on the SFCBT will help greatly

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
              This is the same issue as the subtitles on Discovery+ (DASH Subtitles). I have provided my credentials to the dev along with how to get the subtitles so we will see if he can figure out how to integrate that into the DSCP module. Once that is done, it will be trivial to add this to Pluto, Roku and DRM MPD
              I knew that the subtitle issue would be a duplicate to an existing issue on SFCBT but since TomdeOldMan noted both subtitles and video format in his message I included the subtitle issue in my confirmation request since I didn't want to seem like I was skipping it and only caring about the video format.
              Although I personally don't use subtitles (other than Forced ones) I believe that subtitles are the biggest long-running problem with StreamFab. It doesn't appear that the developer understands how to get the complete list of all available subtitles and how to make those available to the user. The developers also has problems understanding and marking the various flavors (flags) of subtitles available as well such as Forced, Default, SDH, Text Descriptions, Original Language, etc.

Comment

Release 6.1.4.0 has not fixed either the subtitle or the mp4 problem!

I deleted StreamFab from my computer and installed the offline version and it did not resolve the problem. [ATTACH]n430175[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Miss Potter txt 1.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	430178
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Miss Potter txt 2.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	430176

Attached Files

Comment

Release 6.1.4.0 has not fixed either the subtitle or the mp4 problem!

I deleted StreamFab from my computer and installed the offline version and it did not resolve the problem.

I was kinda miffed that they fixed the subtitles for Pluto but not for Discovery+. It is the exact same issue. StreamFab doesn't know how to download DASH subtitles.

Turns out, they didn't fix the issue...

BTW: This forum is extremely badly configured. The image downsampling is too agressive and the read state of threads is stored in a user cookie instead of on the server. Can't do anything about the cookie but we can do something about the images.

Upload your pictures to a 3rd party host like imgur,com or pixl.li and then use the bbcode to link to it here. We cannot see the details of the images you posted.
                  How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

I was kinda miffed that they fixed the subtitles for Pluto but not for Discovery+. It is the exact same issue. StreamFab doesn't know how to download DASH subtitles.

Turns out, they didn't fix the issue...

BTW: This forum is extremely badly configured. The image downsampling is too agressive and the read state of threads is stored in a user cookie instead of on the server. Can't do anything about the cookie but we can do something about the images.

Upload your pictures to a 3rd party host like imgur,com or pixl.li and then use the bbcode to link to it here. We cannot see the details of the images you posted.
                    Will do in the future. The log file didn't post, either.

Comment

Unfortunately, I cannot test this with 6.1.4.1 because both shows on Pluto TV that I've been used for testing FAILED during remux.and no file was written.

The shows are Miss Potter and BBC Antiques Roadshow S23 Episode 1.

Here is the StreamFab log, which was started after I deleted StreamFab and then installed version 6.1.4.1 StreamFab.log
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by TomdeOldMan; 09-08-2023, 11:41 PM.

Comment

I should add that the Pluto TV problem of starting a show at 720 and then dropped to 480 at the end needs to be looked at. That may have been the root of the remux failures! For the log file, see my report on the subtitle and type problem (just posted a few moments ago).

Comment

Here are the images for my attempt to download Miss Potter on Pluto TV

Selected Miss Potter: https://www.flickr.com/photos/186099...posted-public/
                          Miss Potter Downloading: https://www.flickr.com/photos/186099...posted-public/
                          The two failures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/186099...posted-public/

Comment

Unfortunately, I cannot test this with 6.1.4.1 because both shows on Pluto TV that I've been used for testing FAILED during remux.and no file was written.

The shows are Miss Potter and BBC Antiques Roadshow S23 Episode 1.

Here is the StreamFab log, which was started after I deleted StreamFab and then installed version 6.1.4.1 StreamFab.log
                            The report is received.

Comment

Release 6.1.4.2​ did not address this problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X