Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here had issues with wrong stream downloading on Amazon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Anyone here had issues with wrong stream downloading on Amazon?

I did submit a support ticket with a log file.
    Has anyone here ever went to download a TV show or movie and got something different than what you expected?
    Recently I downloaded a recent movie, the analysis said the best quality stream should be 3.5 Gb, but what I got in the end was an 850Mb file. I went in again and the second time it downloaded a 3.8 Gb file (analysis does not factor in sound).

Several times as well I am trying to get TV show episodes and most commonly if something goes wrong, it downloads the wrong episode. Funny thing is, the wrong episode has the file name of the episode you intended to download. Usually for TV shows I copy the URL from a browser, but this issue has happened using the in program browser instead.

Before I get more specific, I am just now getting a feel for if odd things like this has happened to others.

Here is one that maybe people can test. (This requires you have access to Paramount+ or have paid for these streams)
    NCIS New Orleans, Season 4, the last episode. In a browser with Season 4 on the screen, hover over the play button of the last episode and right click it, copy url, than paste it into notepad. Tell SF NO on downloading. Within notepad, delete the last part of the url, everything including and past the ?. The part you delete refers to autoplay. Now highlight and copy the new url and tell SF YES this time.
    After it analyzes, take a peek at the available download options. The largest file should be 3.5Gb or so (remember, sound not included in this estimate), but you will see 2.5Gb if it is offering the episode before it.

As far as movies, like I have said, several times I was offered one size of file and it downloaded smaller, and I tried again and it worked correctly.
    Last edited by MrGrackle; 10-15-2023, 02:24 PM.

Comment

After it analyzes, take a peek at the available download options. The largest file should be 3.5Gb or so (remember, sound not included in this estimate), but you will see 2.5Gb if it is offering the episode before it.
      I just want to make sure I am understanding you correctly... you want me to compare the size of NCIS New Orleans S04E23 to NCIS New Orleans S04E22? If so, you are saying that E23 is larger than E22. I wouldn't expect anything other than that. Did you happen to notice that E23 is a 2-part season finale and is 1 hr. 25 min. in length (minus commercials) and E22 is just a regular episode of 43 minutes in length (minus commercials)?

Comment

Working...
      X