Peacock: Endless Analyzing Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock Peacock: Endless Analyzing Video

Using both 6.1.4.5 and 6.1.4.6 (logs attached for both) Peacock refuses to get beyond the initial "Analyzing Video URL" popup when you are choosing a video. It does not matter whether it is a TV Show or Movie or whether it is a new file or has been on Peacock for a year or more. This effective stops all downloads. I first noticed it on Oct 21 evening.
    StreamFab.logs don't seem to show much. I have also included the QEF.logs because they list some errors I've never seen before.
    Note: this is not the Analyzing of the video that occurs when actually doing a download. That, in the past, has always taken 15 or 16 times for the green line to go across before the download would kick in with Peacock. The endless Analyzing I'm referring to is when first choosing a video to download.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-22 11.25.43 AM.png
Views:	1440
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	431912

[ATTACH]n431911[/ATTACH]

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
    Using both 6.1.4.5 and 6.1.4.6 (logs attached for both) Peacock refuses to get beyond the initial "Analyzing Video URL" popup when you are choosing a video. It does not matter whether it is a TV Show or Movie or whether it is a new file or has been on Peacock for a year or more. This effective stops all downloads. I first noticed it on Oct 21 evening.
    StreamFab.logs don't seem to show much. I have also included the QEF.logs because they list some errors I've never seen before.
    Note: this is not the Analyzing of the video that occurs when actually doing a download. That, in the past, has always taken 15 or 16 times for the green line to go across before the download would kick in with Peacock. The endless Analyzing I'm referring to is when first choosing a video to download.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-22 11.25.43 AM.png
Views:	1440
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	431912

[ATTACH]n431911[/ATTACH]
    does copying the URL from your regular browser and pasting it into streamfabs browser work ??

Comment

Hey Cats4U, You may want to repost your previous attachments. There is a bug when trying to do screenshots with attachments in one post sometimes, it will just do the screenshot and omit the attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

does copying the URL from your regular browser and pasting it into streamfabs browser work ??
        No, it doesn't. Also, as is my normal habit when a problem arises, I've deleted my Log and Temp directories. I also clear my browsing history, cookies, and other site data after every StreamFab session.
        As a sidenote that may or may not be related I had/have a problem with Xfinity Stream starting about the same time as Peacock. I am a Comcast user. Xfinity and Peacock are both owned by Comcast. With the Xfinity Stream it would just endlessly try to log into the streaming website. This was not with SF, I was just trying to watch something on my Chromebook. Reading on the Xfinity forum, users were reporting that if they turned off their ad-blocker they could connect. I tried that on my Chromebook and still no good. I went to my Windows desktop and tried watching (with and without the ad-blocker) using my Chrome browser and no good. I loaded up Firefox, same thing. Loaded up MS Edge and with ad-blocker it was no good but without it, it worked. Long story short with the Chromebook I finally figured out if I used Incognito mode, it worked. I haven't bothered checking Windows Chrome and Firefox browsers in Incognito mode yet.
        Could it be that Comcast is testing out in certain locations having Xfinity Stream and Peacock only working with MS Edge? I can't remember what streamer I saw recently that required you to only use Edge and no other browser. If so, that would put an end to Peacock with SF. Probably the competition, too, but no one has posted about Peacock problems there as of a few minutes ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

Hey Cats4U, You may want to repost your previous attachments. There is a bug when trying to do screenshots with attachments in one post sometimes, it will just do the screenshot and omit the attachments.
          Never had a problem. I do it all the time. You just need to upload the logs as an attachment and the screenshot as an Image file -----> Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-22 1.42.26 PM.png
Views:	1093
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	431922

Comment

I successfully downloaded an episode of Law & Order SVU. Did its usual 30-60 seconds of analyzing and the 5 seconds or so to do the actual download.
            Have seen that sometimes the issues are that the fab servers are down or now responsive.
            Last edited by MrGrackle; 10-22-2023, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Did you already have a download from Peacock in progress?

If you are already downloading from a service and try to analyze a video, the analyzing video popup keeps going until the download is stopped.

Comment

From my original post -
                Using both 6.1.4.5 and 6.1.4.6 (logs attached for both) Peacock refuses to get beyond the initial "Analyzing Video URL" popup when you are choosing a video. It does not matter whether it is a TV Show or Movie or whether it is a new file or has been on Peacock for a year or more.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
                  I successfully downloaded an episode of Law & Order SVU. Did its usual 30-60 seconds of analyzing and the 5 seconds or so to do the actual download.
                  Have seen that sometimes the issues are that the fab servers are down or now responsive.
                  Again, I am NOT talking about the Analysis that occurs just prior to download. I am talking about the Analysis that happens when you first choose a series or movie before the Selection popup appears. The Selection popup being where you can choose your resolution, audio, episode selection, etc. and where you can click to download immediately or add to queue.
                  Analysis during download shows a green line, analysis after choosing a series or movie shows dots. As my screenshot showed, I'm dealing with endless dots.

Comment

So, no one else here is seeing this issue?? I'm very much amazed. There are reports about it on the Reddit StreamFab forum.

Mona, have you given my logs to the developers? From all my tests I don't think StreamFab is the direct cause for this problem. It looks to me that it is caused by a change that Comcast (aka Xfinity)/Peacock (aka NBC) has recently made. It seems more than a coincidence that Peacock and Xfinity Stream (not a SF download issue) both wound up doing endless fails at exactly the same time when they worked perfectly just hours before.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cats4U;n431979]So, no one else here is seeing this issue?? I'm very much amazed. There are reports about it on the Reddit StreamFab forum.

I was just able to download Strays using version 6.1.4.5 in the mid west USA. As you mentioned clearing the logs and cache usually works for me.
                      I know this doesn't help but was providing my information since you asked.

Comment

So, no one else here is seeing this issue?? I'm very much amazed. There are reports about it on the Reddit StreamFab forum.

Mona, have you given my logs to the developers? From all my tests I don't think StreamFab is the direct cause for this problem. It looks to me that it is caused by a change that Comcast (aka Xfinity)/Peacock (aka NBC) has recently made. It seems more than a coincidence that Peacock and Xfinity Stream (not a SF download issue) both wound up doing endless fails at exactly the same time when they worked perfectly just hours before.
                        Yes, the available info has been passed to the developers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Yes, the available info has been passed to the developers.
                          Thank you. I can't believe no one else is reporting it here but several have reported it on Reddit. I'm trying to find out if they are Comcast ISP users. The qef.logs, which I included, especially show errors related to Comcast.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nobe32;n432055]

I was just able to download Strays using version 6.1.4.5 in the mid west USA. As you mentioned clearing the logs and cache usually works for me.
                            I know this doesn't help but was providing my information since you asked.
                            Thanks anyway! By any chance are you a Comcast/Xfinity subscriber?

Comment

Again, I am NOT talking about the Analysis that occurs just prior to download. I am talking about the Analysis that happens when you first choose a series or movie before the Selection popup appears. The Selection popup being where you can choose your resolution, audio, episode selection, etc. and where you can click to download immediately or add to queue.
                              Analysis during download shows a green line, analysis after choosing a series or movie shows dots. As my screenshot showed, I'm dealing with endless dots.
                              Understood.
                              When I clicked on the TV series, that particular analyzing (or tabulating as we call it) was almost instantaneous. The show I mention has 24 seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X