No announcement yet.

50 GB for a 3 hour HD movie ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount+ 50 GB for a 3 hour HD movie ?

I know its a longer movie than most but a 3 hour EAC 5.1 movie amounting to 49.9 GB seems like not much compression going on. Did one of my settings get off?

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
    I know its a longer movie than most but a 3 hour EAC 5.1 movie amounting to 49.9 GB seems like not much compression going on. Did one of my settings get off?
    what movie is it and what module are you using ??

Comment

Showtime via Paramount+ The Godfather Part 1
      Not sure about what module, I select it via stream fab.
      Last edited by Ozzie; 11-14-2023, 11:08 PM.

Comment

P+ is very aggressive with their compression. I am SHOCKED to see them send you a 50Gb file. Unheard of actually. Typically on streaming, even 15Gb is probably a decent quality for a 3 hour movie, but with P+ you would likely get that as a 4-5 Gb file.

Comment

Thats what I thought, surprised to see 50 GB. Did it at 720 P and that resulted in 33 GB.

Comment

Showtime via Paramount+ The Godfather Part 1
            Not sure about what module, I select it via stream fab.​
            Paramount+ supports to download the video as H264 only, the size of a 3 hour video should be 3~5 GB.

Would you please post the media info of the 50 GB file?

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Sure, what Media Info would you need?
              Kind - MPEG-4
              Size - 49.43 GB
              Dimensions - 1920 x 1080
              CODEC - Dolby Digital Plus, H 264
              Color Profile - HD (1-1-1)
              Duration - 2:58:16
              Audio Channels - 6

Comment

Sure, what Media Info would you need?
                Here, use MediaInfo for the Mac. Different people prefer different display formats. I prefer Text as it seems to give the most information.

Choose the version made for your particular Mac. https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Mac_OS

Comment

Is there a specific media info needed to find out why a 3 hour HD movies stream fab is encoding in H.264 comes out to be 50 GB besides this info:
                  Kind - MPEG-4
                  Size - 49.43 GB
                  Dimensions - 1920 x 1080
                  CODEC - Dolby Digital Plus, H 264
                  Color Profile - HD (1-1-1)
                  Duration - 2:58:16
                  Audio Channels - 6​

Is there a setting on Streamfab for mac to change to reduce file size?

Comment

Without the MediaInfo report there is no way for us to know for sure what is causing your excessive file size. Obviously the first thing to come to mind would be the use of a huge video bitrate but without the report we can't know that for certain. You can't change something if you don't know what is causing it.

Comment

Are you sure you aren't reading Gigabits as Gigabytes? Is it 49.43 Gb or GB ? 49.43 Gb = 6.18 GB which is within the ballpark to what I got with Windows StreamFab using what I believe were your settings.

Comment

It is GB attached below finder info.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am using Mac with Streamfab but so no way of reducing the bitrates in settings.
                          How do I reduce bitrates to make it a smaller file size?

Comment

I asked you twice already to post the MediaInfo report so we could figure out exactly where the extra size is coming from. Once we know that then maybe someone can come up with a solution.

Comment

I am using Mac with Streamfab but so no way of reducing the bitrates in settings.
                              How do I reduce bitrates to make it a smaller file size?
                              try chaining 1080p to 720p and see if you get a smaller file size.
                              see posts #3 & #6 in this thread - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...rge#post403392

Comment

Working...
                              X