This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Repeated failure to download one Max TV episode of Lovecraft Country

On Win 6.1.5.1, I've been unable to download only episode 6, season 1 of Lovecraft Country in any 1080 format. For the first few days, it would try and eventually fail. Now it almost immediately pops up the Failure - contact developer message. All other episodes download normally.

StreamFab.log

Originally posted by zapt View Post
    On Win 6.1.5.1, I've been unable to download only episode 6, season 1 of Lovecraft Country in any 1080 format. For the first few days, it would try and eventually fail. Now it almost immediately pops up the Failure - contact developer message. All other episodes download normally.

[ATTACH]n433168[/ATTACH]
    If you have 6.1.5.1, then you have a version I cant even find. So sorry I cant help.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

6.1.5.0… typo

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post

[ATTACH]n433168[/ATTACH]
        I have passed your report to the QA team.

Meanwhile, please clean the files under the temp folder and then try it again, and if there is another option for lower quality, perhaps you can have a try too.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, Mona. I deleted everything in the StreamFab Temp folder as you recommended and tried again. It still fails immediately at both 1080p and 720p, but it streams fine from to my iPhone and TV. I may have discovered the problem, though. That specific episode contains no normal audio stream--there's only English - Audio Description. This is an error on Max's part, but might well be something that is stopping StreamFab from handling the episode.

You might also mention that there are two other complete Max series that refuse to download: "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific." Instead of analyzing and then popping up the episode selection dialog box, each goes straight to the series. When you then click any episode, it fails and then gives StreamFab's Try Again or Go Back message (see images below). Both do stream correctly (and with proper audio) to my TV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Band of Brothers.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	433220
          Band of Brothers error

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Pacific.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	433221
          The Pacific error

Comment

Has anyone successfully downloaded Band of Brothers or The Pacific in the last three weeks?​

Mona FYI: The episode of Lovecraft Country mentioned in this thread now downloads correctly. It now contains a standard audio stream, so I assume--as suggested above--that this was a Max issue they recently corrected for this episode.
            Last edited by zapt; 12-08-2023, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X