Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Force Analyze An Episode in Hulu Without Using Another Browser To Copy URL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulu How To Force Analyze An Episode in Hulu Without Using Another Browser To Copy URL

When you normally download a TV show episode from Hulu, the program does not analyze the individual episode you want to download.
    The key to getting individual analysis without using another browser to copy the URL is actually pretty simple.

When SF analyzes a show it does it in 3 steps.
    1) First data analyze (simply says analyzing)
    2) Tabulates all the episodes of every season (counts through each season)
    3) Post data analyze (usually says analyzing subtitle options)

The key is to click cancel during step 2. Read more.

From a regular browser or set top device (such as a Roku) add your show to My Stuff to make it easier to find it within SF.
    Now within SF, go to My Stuff.
    On the show that you want, click the text below the show's image. It will likely say S1E1 Name of The Episode, as well as the name of the series. The name of the series should be clickable.
    SF begins analyzing. You want to click cancel during step 2 of the analyzing.
    If you're lucky, S1 will be open in the background now. (If not, go back in to My Stuff again and click the name of the show again, SF should not analyze it this time and simply open the show's season menu.)
    If you need to, use the dropdown to change the season.
    Now click the image of the episode you want, SF will analyze in 3 steps again then offer you a download window with the episode you want selected.

If you would like to practice, take a TV show with a lot of seasons. ER has 15 seasons, CSI Crime Scene Investigation has 16 seasons. When you get good enough, you can successfully time it even on a show that has one season. Option 2 without canceling during season enumerating is to let the program complete all 3 steps, then you cancel the download window. Then you can then go back into the show, the program will not analyze the show (just like if you clicked cancel on step 2) and let you select the season and episode you want.

Why do you want individual analysis? Just like with other providers there are multiple streams offered for each episode. If you seek the best quality stream, force analysis often times gives you 200-250 Mb more per 45 minute episode.

Word of warning -- sometimes during this process, if your timing is off or the repeated navigation confuses the program, the program might keep telling you that the "analysis has failed, make sure you can playback the video in a browser." It does this most often on shows with 1 season, even if you decide to go with Option 2 bolded above because you can't time the cancel button during analysis. You might get analysis failed 3 or 4 times in a row then it will work correctly. If it goes more than 3-4 failures, you will probably have to exit the program, wait 20 seconds and relaunch. Your system might be slower, you might need 30 or 40 seconds between launches.
    Failure mode 2 requires shutting down the program as well, in this failure mode videos will play and the program will not analyze anything at all. Pause the video then exit the program because it plays for awhile in the background otherwise and takes more time to reset.

Is it worth it? I say YES. I don't get the failure modes very often, but then again I got a lot of practice too. It only takes a minute to relaunch if you do break it.

Nothing short of a code rewrite to analyze individual episodes, maybe the SF team could offer a best quality option here as well like they added to the Amazon module.
Working...
X