Peacock - Something went wrong error - v6.1.5.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock Peacock - Something went wrong error - v6.1.5.6

Getting the dreaded "Something went wrong" error when I try to get any thing from Peacock. I have tried to clear the cache (not sure I did that correctly). I have verified on can watch peacock on the PC and other devices.
    Attached Files

I've no access to logs ..
    .. but see no problem with this SF version​:

Click image for larger version  Name:	peacock.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	434699

Comment

Originally posted by kanipek View Post
      Getting the dreaded "Something went wrong" error when I try to get any thing from Peacock. I have tried to clear the cache (not sure I did that correctly). I have verified on can watch peacock on the PC and other devices.
      Here is a fact - Peacock is weird, and you have to play with it sometimes to get it to work. I see you were having problems getting Night Court S02E01. I tried it and also had problems with the kitty coming up several times. First thing I checked was the Devices (in Accounts). Peacock does not like a lot of devices listed. Even though I only had 1 device listed yesterday after adding 6.1.5.6, today I had a second one (which shouldn't have been there, in my opinion). Always Rename your devices so that you know which one is which. If you have many (more than 3 or 4) devices listed, delete all but the one you are using right now. This is what I did, and what you should do as well - Go up to your Account and click Sign Out. Close the Peacock tab. Go down to the bottom of the SF page to Recent History. On the right side, click Clear History and this box will appear.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-26 11.31.06 PM.png
Views:	242
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	434727
      Enter both checkmarks and click Clear data. Then close StreamFab. Open StreamFab. Load up Peacock and try getting Night Court S02E01. It should work this time.

On another issue in your log, I see that it appears that you used the online installer to go from 6.1.5.5 to 6.1.5.6. The online installer has been known to cause problems in the past, especially when changes or additions have been made to Settings. My suggestion the next time there is an Update is to do a clean installation of the latest StreamFab release, meaning use a professional Uninstaller such as Revo, Ashampoo, and many others (Google "Uninstallers" for additional free and pay programs) to uninstall SF. In addition, be sure to remove your current SF Log and Temp folders. Then download the latest StreamFab release from the Sticky announcement at the top of this forum and install it fresh. Do not use the online installer.
      ​
      Attached Files

Comment

If you have many (more than 3 or 4) devices listed, delete all but the one you are using
        - I don't have an option to remove or delete device(s) - there are only 2 though this browser and SF browser.

I see that it appears that you used the online installer to go from 6.1.5.5 to 6.1.5.6.
        - I did not use the online installer, always do the full download installer.

I did clear the history and cache without any change in result. Thanks for that info though, much appreciated!

I will do a clean install and see what happens.

Comment

Good about the only 2 devices. That will keep your problem level down.
          Good about the full download installer. I must have misread your log.* No harm done. You're doing it right, and maybe someone else will learn from my words of warning.

The main thing I wanted to get across, although I should have emphasized it more, was the Shut-Down via the Account and then the turning off and turning on of StreamFab. Short term, that should have gotten Peacock in the mood to work correctly.

* I'm going to have to find out what the log should say when someone uses the online installer. I think I've been reading that wrong all along. Jack, if you are reading this, could you ask the Developer? Thx.

Comment

Edit--- Literally as soon as I posted this it began behaving as I would expect. ??? I am performing a download currently to verify it's working. So far so good.

Thanks for the assist!!

Okay - I have done a complete uninstall, removed all orphaned registry entries, rebooted and done a system shutdown and restart followed by a clean install. No change. I have attached another SF log.
            Attached Files

Comment

The log shows only one thing I wouldn't have done. I know it sounds crazy, but if you are going to download anything from Peacock, don't go anywhere else first in that session. You went to Netflix, looked around a bit, closed the tab, and opened up Peacock. I know you think I'm out of my mind, but Peacock prefers having the session all to itself, or you risk seeing the kitty. I told you, Peacock is weird.
              So, what you should have done at the end of that session was what I told you before. Go up to your Account and click Sign Out. Close the Peacock tab. Go down to the bottom of the SF page to Recent History. On the right side, click Clear History and that box will appear. Enter both checkmarks and click Clear data. Then close StreamFab. Open StreamFab. Load up Peacock and try getting Night Court S02E01. Good luck!​

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Here is a fact - Peacock is weird, and you have to play with it sometimes to get it to work. I see you were having problems getting Night Court S02E01. I tried it and also had problems with the kitty coming up several times. First thing I checked was the Devices (in Accounts). Peacock does not like a lot of devices listed. Even though I only had 1 device listed yesterday after adding 6.1.5.6, today I had a second one (which shouldn't have been there, in my opinion).
                Last time I checked the peacock dashboard I must have had 100 devices listed, it's kind of a pain to wipe them out. Almost all of them indicate it is a browser. I almost wonder if a new device gets added every day I use SF.

There is no option to selectively remove devices, all or none!

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post

Last time I checked the peacock dashboard I must have had 100 devices listed, it's kind of a pain to wipe them out. Almost all of them indicate it is a browser. I almost wonder if a new device gets added every day I use SF.
                  With regard to SF, each update does show up as a new device. I have also seen Peacock add another device for SF for no reason that I could see. 6.1.5.6 was like that. I renamed the update "My Year" since I was born in 1956. A day later, another device for SF showed up, and I had to rename it "My Year-2".
                  With 100 devices listed, you are just asking for trouble. The kitty's going to bite you, and probably already has, many times.

There is no option to selectively remove devices, all or none!
                  Yes, that's very aggravating if you also watch on TV and you wind up having to re-enter the code on your set, although Peacock is one of the easier streamers to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                    With 100 devices listed, you are just asking for trouble. The kitty's going to bite you, and probably already has, many times.
                    Just like the Netflix process where people were getting the Pardon The Interruption error, I see the kitty for a split second when the download begins.

Comment

Working...
                    X