Amazon Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Amazon Ads

You've probably already received this email, but here it is anyway.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-27 11.22.50 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	90.3 KB ID:	434739
    And then it continues on telling how wonderful they are and how you are getting an amazing value with them.

If I may say so, BULLSHIT!
    Amazon has more money than they know what to do with. According to news reports, they certainly don't give their employees any. Each year, the cost of Prime goes up. It started at $79 a year and is now $139. Double-dipping! That's all it is. First they make their money off of us, and then they make it off the advertisers, for the same show. Or we have to pay to not see the ads.
    I am so glad that StreamFab removes all ads, and it screws their one source of income.

In USA starting 29 January
    In Canada, UK and Germany starting 5 February
    (for Germany still unconfirmed - no mail yet)
    France, Italy, Spain, Mexico, and Australia later in the year

I'm glad I never stream, but always download instead​

Comment

Yeah when I saw this coming I had a bit more rage going. Every year streaming is getting more and more expensive.
      I wonder if that applies to sub-memberships too, such as P+, Starz, Etc?

Don't want to show my age here but when cable was new, most channels had no commercials. Premium channels such as HBO were like $6.99 a month. Hour long programs even on a channel like CBS were upwards of 52 minutes. Now they're 40-42. Absolutely ridiculous.

"Cord Cutters" were reducing their $150 cable bills only to sign on to streaming services that are now beginning to cost $150 a month. Each time a TV station had a blackout on satellite or cable it pissed me off. That channel wanted more and more money from the provider. The local CBS affiliate was demanding upwards of $8 a month. Imagine your 120 channel package were each channel gets $8 a month!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

We will check it when it's released.

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

While streaming service prices are increasing, the number of paid streaming services are declining. Hulu as a standalone service days are numbered. And latest rumors has Warner Brothers (MAX) acquiring / merging with Paramount (only a year after merging in Discovery). FAST is growing, and that sends the message to paid services that there are users that are OK with advertising if saves money
          Just because Amazon has more money than they know what to do with, doesn't mean they have to lose money with one division and pay for it with another. When prime started at $79 a year, there was no Prime Video. Now, for an extra $60/year (a whopping $5 a month) you get a streaming service with some original content. Now they want to bump that effectively to 7.99/ month ad free? Still the cheapest ad free streamer out there... Not saying their content is necessarily worth it - but neither was AppleTV.
          As far as their add on channels - I doubt they will (or can) put ads on that content as they are not the service provider (per se) - they are just a conduit for delivering those services, and they have their own subscription fees

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
            Hi,

Thanks for the information.

We will check it when it's released.

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

I personally do not think anything is going to change from a SF point of view. We can already download content from "free with ads" portions of Prime (FreeVee comes to mind).

No doubt if there is an issue, the SF team will have a fix.

walker189 I had read somewhere from Disney themselves that Hulu and Disney+ would NOT be combined, that there would still be two separate providers. Yeah, this could change, who know.

Comment

Yeah and ad up all these PAID channel like Paramount, Stacktv, Acorn, AMC, HBO, Britbox, HS and all the others...

Comment

Amazon Prime Video Germany removes Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision from ad-supported subscriptions

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                  Amazon Prime Video Germany removes Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision from ad-supported subscriptions
                  I've read this today too - source (german)

Dolby Atmos, Vision missing from Amazon Prime Video with ads

This is a double downgrade (ads + worse sound quality).

A unilateral change to the contract without the consent of the customers ..
                  .. this is not allowed (at least) in Germany - Consumer protection wants to sue.​

Comment

Hey, they need the money. Their net income for 2023 was only 30.4 billion dollars. How is any company expected to survive on that?

Comment

Amazon Hit With Class-Action Lawsuit Over Prime Video Ads
                      Amazon Prime Video Sued for Misleading Subscribers With New Ad Tier
                      Last edited by Blurayfan; 02-12-2024, 10:53 PM.
                      Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

That wont go anyplace, did you ever try and sue someone with more money than you? its usually locked up in a court battle for years.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                        X