Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does streamfab pretend the Season Trailer to be E01?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Why does streamfab pretend the Season Trailer to be E01?

Hello Guys,

I am wondering why does streamfab pretend the Season Trailer to be E01? You need to rename manually all the episode afterward because instead of having 8 EP, you will have 9.

Is there anyway ADD AN OPTION to not download the SEASON TRAILER?

I run version 6.1.6.0.

Thanx.
    Regards.
    Last edited by quebecman; 01-24-2024, 04:41 PM.
  • Answer selected by jpp72 at 01-28-2024, 02:07 PM.

Originally posted by quebecman View Post
    Hello Guys,

I am wondering why does streamfab pretend the Season Trailer to be E01? You need to rename manually all the episode afterward because instead of having 8 EP, you will have 9.
    This is a known issue that has been reported to the DEVs and they will fix it. It should have been S06E00.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	237
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	435803

That is not gonna happen. It is very easy for you to uncheck the trailer as it is clearly stated in the list of episodes. Some people do want to download the trailer and if you select a whole season, that means you want to download all that can be downloaded. If you don't want everything then you can uncheck what you don't want.

There is really no way to filter out trailers if Amazon puts them in the season instead of in extras. Size or Runtime will not work as there are shows with even less than 3 minute runtimes. You being French, you remember the great and very funny show Bref.? Well that show's episodes were all under 2 minutes:

Views:	155
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	435804
    When i download a whole show, i always go through to see if there is anything superfluous i don't want to download. It's really fast and easy to do with all the information in the selection pop-up windows.​

Comment

The Expanse S06 is one of the example. They have a trailer and many more.

Comment

Frankly, I don't see the problem. For whatever reason, Amazon has chosen to put a Trailer on The Expanse's main page instead of on the Extras page for this show. There is a Teaser on the Extra page. The Trailer is clearly marked Episode 0 on the Amazon page. Because of its placement and the way videos are enumerated by StreamFab, it shows up as Episode 1. The episode count means nothing. It does not show anywhere in the resulting filename. What is listed as Episode 2 is clearly shown as S06E01 and that will be the episode listed in the name when downloaded. Nothing needs to be manually changed. If you don't want the Trailer, remove the checkmark next to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          Frankly, I don't see the problem. For whatever reason, Amazon has chosen to put a Trailer on The Expanse's main page instead of on the Extras page for this show. There is a Teaser on the Extra page. The Trailer is clearly marked Episode 0 on the Amazon page. Because of its placement and the way videos are enumerated by StreamFab, it shows up as Episode 1. The episode count means nothing. It does not show anywhere in the resulting filename. What is listed as Episode 2 is clearly shown as S06E01 and that will be the episode listed in the name when downloaded. Nothing needs to be manually changed. If you don't want the Trailer, remove the checkmark next to it.
          Please note that I am using the DEFAULT NAME TEMPLATE or let say the auto renaming option and it does NAME IT as EP1 and so on. So yes, you have to rename them all.

Anyway, because of this, it would be nice to get kind of an option to not DOWNLOAD at all this. to jump over it base on the NAME and or the size.

More likely, I have given The Expanse as an example but it's coming clear that Amazon is putting more of these. I had around 10 of these.

Comment

Please note that I am using the DEFAULT NAME TEMPLATE or let say the auto renaming option and it does NAME IT as EP1 and so on. So yes, you have to rename them all.
            Did you even look at your resulting filenames? Using the Default settings for TV it does NOT list the Trailer as EP1. Nothing needs to be manually changed. The resulting filenames are correct the way they are.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-25 1.19.56 PM.png
Views:	170
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	435792

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-25 1.38.57 PM.png
Views:	153
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	435793

Comment

For some obscur reason, shown below, it did.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	35.7 KB ID:	435801
              Last edited by quebecman; 01-25-2024, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Hello Guys,

This is a known issue that has been reported to the DEVs and they will fix it. It should have been S06E00.

Views:	237
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	435803

That is not gonna happen. It is very easy for you to uncheck the trailer as it is clearly stated in the list of episodes. Some people do want to download the trailer and if you select a whole season, that means you want to download all that can be downloaded. If you don't want everything then you can uncheck what you don't want.

There is really no way to filter out trailers if Amazon puts them in the season instead of in extras. Size or Runtime will not work as there are shows with even less than 3 minute runtimes. You being French, you remember the great and very funny show Bref.? Well that show's episodes were all under 2 minutes:

Views:	155
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	435804
                When i download a whole show, i always go through to see if there is anything superfluous i don't want to download. It's really fast and easy to do with all the information in the selection pop-up windows.​

Comment

For some obscur reason, shown below, it did.
                  Where? Or was that what you edited out because it wasn't there?

Comment

Thanx/Merci JPP72,

Exactly, it should pretend to be S06EP00. in wait for the fix.

For the FILTER, if it can't be done, it's fine with me. If it write down EP00, we will know it's a trailer, a teaser or other crap.

Long life to Streamfab.
                    Regards.
                    Last edited by quebecman; 01-26-2024, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X