FreeVee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon FreeVee

Is StreamFab still having DRM issues with FreeVee? Thanks!

Nothing different applies to Freevee than for Amazon.

Old content (before DRM changed) works fine - new content only in SD quality.​

Comment

Hmmm. I'll just wait for things to settle with the DRM updates, then. I can't get Hogan's Heroes to even pop up the window to select the seasons/episodes (analyzes everything but stops with 'Failure Analyzing this video...'). But, I know they're scrambling to get things fixed and don't want to bug them. I'll probably just be told to wait. Thanks!

Comment

> I can't get Hogan's Heroes

The first 2 seasons are at pluto usa

Click image for larger version

Name:	pluto_hogan's_heroes_result.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	437628

Comment

Is that even allowed in Germany?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Is that even allowed in Germany?
            In Germany I could watch 16 episodes for free at RTL+ : Ein Käfig voller Helden

Comment

I'm really surprised, but then again, I don't really follow international law. I thought that Nazis couldn't be mentioned there. I do remember at least one war video game that was banned from Germany because of it. You learn something new every day.

Comment

Hogan's Heroes was not released on blu ray in America until December 2022. It came out out in Germany in May 2018. It bugs me that many good American tv shows and movies from the pre-digital era get DVD and BD releases overseas long before they are released here. I've had to order region B blu rays and region 2 DVDs to get shows that are not available here even though they were produced here. I'm grateful that Germans seem particularly fond of Westerns. And Spaniards seem fond of releasing old shows on region-free NTSC format DVDs that I suspect are mostly sold to Americians. Like "The Midnight Hour", a fun 1985 ABC tv movie. It had a 2000 R1 DVD release that quickly went OOP, but either because of music rights or lack of interest by the rightsholders (Disney?), it has never been re-released here.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
                  Hogan's Heroes was not released on blu ray in America until December 2022. It came out out in Germany in May 2018. It bugs me that many good American tv shows and movies from the pre-digital era get DVD and BD releases overseas long before they are released here. I've had to order region B blu rays and region 2 DVDs to get shows that are not available here even though they were produced here. I'm grateful that Germans seem particularly fond of Westerns. And Spaniards seem fond of releasing old shows on region-free NTSC format DVDs that I suspect are mostly sold to Americians. Like "The Midnight Hour", a fun 1985 ABC tv movie. It had a 2000 R1 DVD release that quickly went OOP, but either because of music rights or lack of interest by the rightsholders (Disney?), it has never been re-released here.
                  archive.org has the first six episodes of season1 of Hogan's Heroes - https://archive.org/details/hogans-h...heInformer.mp4

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                    I'm really surprised, but then again, I don't really follow international law. I thought that Nazis couldn't be mentioned there. I do remember at least one war video game that was banned from Germany because of it. You learn something new every day.
                    Well it's fictional, so it's a film, that's allowed. We also have enough films about the war. I think it always depends on how you tell something...

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                      > I can't get Hogan's Heroes

The first 2 seasons are at pluto usa

Name:	pluto_hogan's_heroes_result.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	437628
                      Thanks...Yeah, I went there to get it after FreeVee didn't work...would like to get all of it though.

Comment

I tested two episodes at freevee us (first s03+s04)

Both successfully:

Name:	freevee_us_Hogans_s03+04.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	437667

Comment

Working...
                        X