No announcement yet.

6.1.6.6 Still Not Downloading HD from Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like having the banner. Even if all it really means is "nothing new today", it's nice to know that up front. Probably the only reason to change it (until the problem is fixed) would be if there's a new version that you don't recommend, like back when we were all telling each other to stick to 6.1.6.1 for awhile.

[edited] Oh darned, I said that before seeing that 6.1.6.1 is apparently still the version for Roku. Recommending what version to use could get messy. I should have stopped at "I like having the banner."
    Last edited by wyhtmgm; 02-24-2024, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Where can I like the new banner?

Great work, Jack​

Comment

To be honest I dont like the banner thing at all, I am not saying I could do any better, but if I had to make one it would be what works, not what doesn't. That would be a much smaller and easy-to-understand banner. In my opinion, about 90% of everyone here is using Amazon and Netflix. (just my opinion) They are useless right now. Netflix and Amazon cannot download anything new in HD, Netflix cannot download anything that 99% of us don't have already. To me and I might assume, and I may be wrong, but I think 99% of us want 1080p, I am not wasting my time or available disk space on SD, I would even appreciate 720p. But it's 480p which for my purposes is useless. The banner does state that anything before such a date works as usual. I don't know about you, but I don't know what date every movie became available so I have to waste my time and see what happens, and 9 out of 10 times I am disappointed. I am not blaming jpp72 or Cats4U, they have done an amazing job under the harshest of circumstances. I honestly do not think the actual developers here do not know what they are doing. No, I can't fix it either, but nobody paid me a ton of money for a broken program, I am just frustrated. Forgive my rant.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Actually, i thought that's exactly what i did. I listed everything that works and i said what the status is of Amazon, Netflix and Max because those are the most used ones and i 100% expected people to ask what about Amazon, Netflix and Max.

Unless you are talking about the text before the list of what works? If so, not everyone even knows there was a CDM revoked, if we are aware , and is it being worked on.

It's obviously redundant for the people who visit the forum often but i had to think of everyone and not just the power users eager to queue up some Movie/TV Show goodness

So, to recap, the modules that are fully working are:

• AbemaTV  Apple TV+  Crunchyroll  Disney+  Hulu  ITVX
          • Joyn  Lemino  NHK+  OnlyFans  Paramount+
          • Pluto TV  RTL+  Shahid  Tubi  U-Next
          Last edited by jpp72; 02-24-2024, 09:28 PM.
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
            the modules that are fully working
            I almost never use it - but what about Disney+ ?

I think Disney+ works "fully back to normal"
            or was 1080p possible before?​

Comment

You are right. I forgot i tested it independently and it does work:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	163.5 KB ID:	438121

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	130.7 KB ID:	438120
              Only certain MCU Movies and TV Shows before mid-2022 and a bunch of other random ones are available in 1080p because of the keys.db that was leaked containing keys for 1080p content
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Thanks everyone! Even though it may not be 100% accurate for all people all of the time, I think the current banner will be very helpful for everyone to better understand what's going on...

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

were those newer films or older ones ??
                  i believe older films can be downloaded in 1080p
                  The films I grabbed were 2021 and 2022 films, but recently (within the last month) added to Amazon JP. But I just tried to download a film from the American Amazon Prime account and, despite it being available in 1080p, it downloaded at 480p. So maybe Amazon.co.jp hasn't updated their DRM to be as strict as the American site? Thanks for the question.

Comment

The funny thing is, I was able to download ALL of the Tudors on Amazon in 1080p... except ONE episode that will only download in 540p. Season 2 Episode 8. Not sure why that ONE episode wants to go below HD, but there you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by w.pruitt View Post
                      The funny thing is, I was able to download ALL of the Tudors on Amazon in 1080p... except ONE episode that will only download in 540p. Season 2 Episode 8. Not sure why that ONE episode wants to go below HD, but there you have it.
                      do you have paramount + ??
                      the Tudors is also on there.

Comment

WOW! Thanks october262

I had no idea. I finally got it all downloaded!!!!

Comment

ok, just to be clear..... I have Paramount+ THROUGH my amazon prime login.. and I am pretty sure those downloads are in a lower bitrate too.

Comment

I've been downloading NCIS episodes at 1080p from Amazon. I have access to that through the Paramount+ channel on Prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                              I almost never use it - but what about Disney+ ?

I think Disney+ works "fully back to normal"
                              or was 1080p possible before?​
                              I think it's "fully back to normal". 1080p was possible before but only for some titles, and that still seems to be the case. I just tested by downloading "Liv and Maddie" S1E1 and it came as 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post
                                I think it's "fully back to normal". 1080p was possible before but only for some titles, and that still seems to be the case. I just tested by downloading "Liv and Maddie" S1E1 and it came as 1080p.
                                Thanks, but to late ..

This was already confirmed by jpp72 directly below my post,
                                whereupon the logo was included in the banner

And he also mentioned why individual titles are possible in 1080p - post #21

Comment

Working...
                                X