British streaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel 4 British streaming

Well I've been patient and waited, and waited - like everyone else.

The flag up the top is very informative, but so far nothing appears to be happening for British streaming/downloading - and so far no mention

When I joined and paid my fees I also paid for Channel 4

All that I got was a few days of usew - I paid on Jan 13, then had to wait for somebody to allow me to play - even though I'd paid

I downloaded 2 episodes from channel 5, and about 4 from Channel 4

Yesterday I got an offer to buy a Tubi downloader - with what use that I have had so far - it should have been - "as a bonus for waiting patiently for so long please accept the ------ downloader for free!"

Hows about looking after those of us who may not be in the majority, but have paid our money?

Originally posted by Du pete View Post

Hows about looking after those of us who may not be in the majority, but have paid our money?
    We ALL have paid our money. In fact, when it comes to an All-in-One subscription (which never truly existed because you had to keep on buying new modules despite what the name implied), the ones that have been users the longest have paid the most. It is unfortunate that you happened to pick the wrong time to purchase into StreamFab, but eventually you would be in this position at some point anyway. DRM changes happen once or twice a year. They are an attempt to stop you from doing exactly what you want to do, and is illegal in most parts of the world. It is not a coincidence that the two major streaming video downloader programs are based in China and Belize. Two places that haven't signed international copyright treaties. If you want to complain, complain to Channel 4, they are the ones that changed their DRM. You can probably guess what they'll tell you.
    I would love to quote you subscription amounts, but Channel 4 only lists their subscriber usage in "million viewer minutes." I assure you, whatever the actual number of subscribed streaming viewers it has it is nowhere even close to the streaming viewers for Amazon, Max, Netflix, or Peacock, that are still waiting to be fixed. So, those should be put on hold and Channel 4 should move to the front of the queue because that's the one you want most? I think you'll find a few other StreamFab users here that feel differently.

Comment

When I joined and paid my fees I also paid for Channel 4
      Think of it as a donation.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I downloaded 2 episodes from channel 5, and about 4 from Channel 4
        What's stopping you from downloading more?
        The content from before Jan 25th works fine.​

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
          What's stopping you from downloading more?
          The content from before Jan 25th works fine.​
          Agreed, I have been hitting Britbox for quite a few full seasoned shows with no issues, been updating old libraries I have had for years and some new ones.
          As for the other issue, yes, been a fab user for years before streamfab was even a thing, I am sure I have paid my time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

We ALL have paid our money. In fact, when it comes to an All-in-One subscription (which never truly existed because you had to keep on buying new modules despite what the name implied), the ones that have been users the longest have paid the most. It is unfortunate that you happened to pick the wrong time to purchase into StreamFab, but eventually you would be in this position at some point anyway. DRM changes happen once or twice a year. They are an attempt to stop you from doing exactly what you want to do, and is illegal in most parts of the world. It is not a coincidence that the two major streaming video downloader programs are based in China and Belize. Two places that haven't signed international copyright treaties. If you want to complain, complain to Channel 4, they are the ones that changed their DRM. You can probably guess what they'll tell you.
            I would love to quote you subscription amounts, but Channel 4 only lists their subscriber usage in "million viewer minutes." I assure you, whatever the actual number of subscribed streaming viewers it has it is nowhere even close to the streaming viewers for Amazon, Max, Netflix, or Peacock, that are still waiting to be fixed. So, those should be put on hold and Channel 4 should move to the front of the queue because that's the one you want most? I think you'll find a few other StreamFab users here that feel differently.
            As usual the Streamfab defender. Who gives a toss whether Amazon or other modules have more paying customers. The bottom line is that people paid to download C4 and if Streamfab cannot deliver it should be refunds all round.
            The only disappointment is that the competition don't support C4. They've had Amazon etc licked for ages but others who have paid for services beyond Amazon etc are still waiting to be able to use the service they paid for. You can be an apologist for Streamfab all you like but making excuses as to why people who've paid for services cannot use them is bulllshit.

The reason C4 don't list subscribers is because it's not generally a pay service. If you pay the only bonus is no ads.

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post

As usual the Streamfab defender.
              Really? Maybe you should talk to Brozilla because he thinks I'm being too tough on the company and his nerves are frazzled because of it.

Comment

Apparently Amazon is sorted - just received the following
                Dear users,

Exciting news! Most download features of our StreamFab products have been restored to normal. Let's check what has been updated in the latest version:

● Fix: a failure problem when downloading Amazon 1080p Videos.

● Fix: a failure problem when downloading videos of Hulu Live TV+ subscription plan

So I guess we're next?

Yes Amazon, netflix etc are more popular - do we get channel 4 service significantly cheaper because we're fewer in numbers? Surely we deserve a mention at least

Also - the flag at the top needs updating now that Amazon etc are back to normal

How about "OK - we've sorted the most popular modules - now we will get around to looking at some of the others"

No I'm not overly happy - we paid good money - in good faith - and yes DRM's are obviously changed - perhaps we could get a consolation prize - NOW THAT WE"VE FIXED AMAZON _ ALL CUSTOMERS STILL MISSING OUT ON THE FIX _ USE THE AMAZON MODULE FREE UNTIL WE GET AROUND TO YOUR PROBLEM!

Comment

Amazon is _not_ back to normal, no matter what that marketing email tries to "sell" to you.

Comment

Apparently Amazon is sorted - just received the following
                    Dear users,

Exciting news! Most download features of our StreamFab products have been restored to normal. Let's check what has been updated in the latest version:

● Fix: a failure problem when downloading Amazon 1080p Videos.

● Fix: a failure problem when downloading videos of Hulu Live TV+ subscription plan

So I guess we're next?

Yes Amazon, netflix etc are more popular - do we get channel 4 service significantly cheaper because we're fewer in numbers? Surely we deserve a mention at least

Also - the flag at the top needs updating now that Amazon etc are back to normal

How about "OK - we've sorted the most popular modules - now we will get around to looking at some of the others"

No I'm not overly happy - we paid good money - in good faith - and yes DRM's are obviously changed - perhaps we could get a consolation prize - NOW THAT WE"VE FIXED AMAZON _ ALL CUSTOMERS STILL MISSING OUT ON THE FIX _ USE THE AMAZON MODULE FREE UNTIL WE GET AROUND TO YOUR PROBLEM!
                    Nothing is fixed on Amazon!

Comment

Don't ever read what Marketing sends you. It is all fiction. The next to the best thing you can do is unsubscribe from any promotional material DVDFab wants to send you. The best thing you can do is listen to me and Jack. We will try to get the inside information for you, if we can. Sometimes they hold it back from us as well. This is the official latest Amazon news...

Reading between the lines, I don't think you will see a fix for the Amazon DRM this week. There is probably an even chance that the re-encoding mode will be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post
                        Who gives a toss whether Amazon or other modules have more paying customers.
                        It won’t just be about existing customers.
                        A for-profit business is all about future paying customers.
                        And there is no doubt that Amazon has more potential,
                        because it can be used worldwide, like Netflix.​

Comment

Apparently Amazon is sorted - just received the following!
                          I don't think anyone's directly told you why that's not the case, so I will. The email goes on to say that Amazon videos can now be successfully downloaded using re-encoding. So, basically, Amazon is now fixed, except for the picture and the sound.

(lower quality picture, may be jerkey, no multi-channel sound.)

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

I don't think anyone's directly told you why that's not the case, so I will. The email goes on to say that Amazon videos can now be successfully downloaded using re-encoding. So, basically, Amazon is now fixed, except for the picture and the sound.

(lower quality picture, may be jerkey, no multi-channel sound.)
                            Naw. Amazon is not working at all for most videos. The email is a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherokee View Post

Naw. Amazon is not working at all for most videos. The email is a lie.
                              Does that surprise you? , Read some of their other ads.
                              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                              X