British streaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Really? Maybe you should talk to Brozilla because he thinks I'm being too tough on the company and his nerves are frazzled because of it.
    Ok , fair enough but you do seem to spend a lot of time making excuses as to why we shouldn't get a bit annoyed when the modules we've paid for stop working. We know about DRM and we expect to have problems but C4 buyers do seem to be left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post
      but C4 buyers do seem to be left behind
      Has less happened there in the last 6 weeks than for Netflix?
      And what about modules where even old content doesn't work?

And regardless of my own usage, it is more annoying for those
      who still have to pay monthly fees for the streaming provider.​

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post

Ok , fair enough but you do seem to spend a lot of time making excuses as to why we shouldn't get a bit annoyed when the modules we've paid for stop working. We know about DRM and we expect to have problems but C4 buyers do seem to be left behind.
        Why should anyone get annoyed? If you did your homework like I did before I purchased StreamFab you would have known that once or twice a year the streamers change their DRM. I, also, knew that what I was doing by using StreamFab was against the law in my country. If I may use Prohibition in the 1920s as an analogy, if you ran a speakeasy back then, you could expect to be raided by the cops or temperance groups once or twice a year. It was the price of doing business. DRM changes are the price of doing business with StreamFab. That's just the way it is. Same with public torrenting, in the US if you torrent without using a VPN, the price you pay are DMCA notices from a movie or TV production company. Almost every other country that have signed international copyright treaties have similar procedures if you are caught. So, you subscribe to a VPN with good security and no logs, or you get yourself on a secure private torrent site (or two or three). Still, there's always that possibility that those sites (public and/or private) could be shut down. It's all part of doing business. I'm not making excuses, I'm just being realistic.
        If you go by the banner up top, you'll see that there are 16 streamers that are "back to normal". That's a little misleading because as far as I've seen Paramount+ and Hulu have never been affected by the DRM change yet. Like Peacock didn't change their DRM until Feb. 22, Paramount+ and Hulu could change their DRM later on tonight. I really don't follow the history of the other 14 modules listed. Some of those might do a late DRM change, as well. There are 32 total modules as part of StreamFab's Lifetime All-In-One plan. That means a full half or more of all modules (as you wrote) "seem to be left behind" or have the potential to be "left behind" at a future date. So, this is not about Channel 4, this is about the Developer not being able to break a large number of keys.

Comment

So, this is not about Channel 4, this is about the Developer not being able to break a large number of keys.
          We already know it's not impossible, the developers here just hit a brick wall. There are good developers and poor developers.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Another brilliant update. All those important Latin America services get some help while C4 just sits "waiting for download" .At least on the previous version the content was recognised and started analysing

Comment

Working...
            X