X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sebastian001
    replied
    "New: Added support to download the Amazon new released videos in 1080p with re-encoding mode. (Note: This is still a temporary solution, download mode will be supported soon.)"

Leave a comment:

• artsunlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

And just an hour or so ago, we got the latest update ---
    And so I'm made to look like an asshole because I reported the previous news that Netflix was ready to go. To his credit, Jack was all over Wilson. It was a thing of beauty! I wish I had permission to post it here, but I don't like reposting other people's conversations without their permission. I, actually, felt bad for Wilson. Because of the nonsensical way that DVDFab is run, although Wilson is the Project Manager and boss over the Developers, it seems the Developers call the shots and decide the direction of the program. Wilson has become, for better or worse, just a liaison to Jack and me, and a PR man to everyone else. And the worst part of that is that Wilson has a limited English vocabulary, and so there is often confusion in the details to the point where we simply aren't getting any details. In the beginning of Jack and I being "Influencers" (I still don't know who they wanted us to influence, DVDFab or StreamFab users) we had a very friendly lady from Marketing acting as translator. In a short time, Jack made amazing progress in getting his ideas across to them, and the Developers started working on them. Since I couldn't make up my mind whether to be an "Influencer" and Moderator, getting my ideas to them, when I finally joined up, were late in arriving and nothing was done about them. At almost the same time that I joined up, the translator went back to Marketing and the conversations dried up.
    Cats, NO ONE with a modicum of reading comprehension who's following along is ever gonna think you're an asshole because Wilson overpromises and then under-delivers. It looks like it's an established pattern. What comes through loud and clear is how much you and Jack get jerked around trying to motivate a foot-dragging ghosting developer (who would've been sh*tcanned months ago anywhere else) to produce a functioning product because there's no direction or even accountability on the other end. The fact that they either don't realize they need to get someone who can communicate with you to make any meaningful progress, or just can't be arsed to do it because they think customers will keep on putting up with this nonsense no matter what, pretty much says it all. The frustration as you watch what could be a really good product circle the bowl due to sheer ineptitude, laziness and lack of plain common sense is enough to induce a rage-stroke, so more power to Jack!

Leave a comment:

• artsunlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

We have NEVER had any direct communication with the Developer. To us, he has been presented as a mythical figure located somewhere out in the ozone. All information about what he does or says is relayed to us via StreamFab's Project Manager, Wilson Wang. Actually, this week, information is flowing a tiny bit more than usual. The latest is that you can expect a true working download version (not re-encoding) of Netflix shortly. No other details have been given about the Netflix update. No information about Amazon, Peacock, and the other non-working streamers were mentioned.
    Normally at this point I'd guess that he's actually three raccoons in a trenchcoat - but then I remember how smart raccons are, so that's out.

I can't thank you and jpp72 enough for being this forum's liaisons, tech translators and most importantly, much needed boots to the backside of whoever's pretending to run this hot mess. And I'm not overlooking Germania and october262, either. I know they won't thank you all for trying your damndest to make them see sense, but eventually their revenue stream that doesn't care about yet another module that will let them download Lithuanian p*rn will run, not walk to the Rouge Reynard for a product that actually delivers on the global services that count.

It still won't make them hire a competent dev, but at least you'll all know that you did your awesome utmost with what you had to work with. Thanks yet again for being the best.
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 03-29-2024, 09:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Justin
    replied
    Suprised Streamfab put out a fix for Funitmstion seeying as its closing down

Leave a comment:

• Cats4U
    replied
    Originally posted by Zammo View Post
    Any reason Streamfab developers can't just reverse engineer AS for their fully working Amazon side of things ? Or does the software connect to the AS servers for the codes so not all hosted in the software ?
    Why don't you run that past RF1? If he says it's ok, we'll get them to do it.

I have a horrible feeling Wilson may be a bit like the Wizard of Oz, having more hats than he wants to let on. I feel sorry for the guy in a way, especially if the developer team is as sparse as I think, but at the same time they should have an update page specific to this DRM issue with weekly informative updates of a practical timescale.
    Wilson knows what he is up against. We've told him enough times that this is serious, users are leaving, StreamFab now has a terrible reputation, and if this goes on for even a little bit longer and all the modules aren't fixed, they might as well consider bankruptcy (if they have such a thing in China).

Leave a comment:

• Zammo
    replied
    Any reason Streamfab developers can't just reverse engineer AS for their fully working Amazon side of things ? Or does the software connect to the AS servers for the codes so not all hosted in the software ?

I have a horrible feeling Wilson may be a bit like the Wizard of Oz, having more hats than he wants to let on. I feel sorry for the guy in a way, especially if the developer team is as sparse as I think, but at the same time they should have an update page specific to this DRM issue with weekly informative updates of a practical timescale.

Leave a comment:

• Cats4U
    replied
    Not true. Jack and I try to tackle the normal complaints. We've been helped out on the technical end by Germania. October262 has been very helpful as well. Anything that we can't handle or is a major problem, we immediately send up the line. I reported the complaints of Amazon possibly still using re-encoding earlier today. Sometimes we hear back immediately with questions or comments, other times we don't hear anything back, but most times we see the effects of our reporting in future updates. We're not doing anything more than what Mona used to do. Since we were all here answering questions anyway while she was here, it has freed her up to handle other DVDFab forums.

Leave a comment:

• DVDalibaba
    replied
    I suddenly realized that since they made 2 customers jpp72 Cats4U the moderators of this forum, the admin no longer cares about customer care, frankly, ignore the customers. They push all questions and complaints to 2 customers jpp72 Cats4U to answer for them. That is, customers jpp72 Cats4U are currently responding to other customers' questions and complaints.
    LMAO LMAO

Leave a comment:

• Cats4U
    replied
    https://www.electronicshub.org/best-cpu-with-integrated-graphics/
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/can-shared-graphics-finally-compete-with-a-dedicated-graphics-card/
    https://www.hp.com/hk-en/shop/tech-takes/post/integrated-vs-dedicated-graphics-cards
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057824/graphics.html#:~:text=Integrated%20graphics%20is%2 0a%20GPU,is%20shared%20with%20the%20CPU.

Leave a comment:

• smithbrad
    replied
    Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

What about stuttering and lip sync? People complained about that in previous releases. I have no such problems with the test release or the latest. I don't know whether I'm "just lucky" or if maybe that got fixed along with the EAC3 audio issue.
    I've not been interested in watching any of the re-encoded results, so I can't speak to stuttering or lip synch complaints.

Leave a comment:

• wyhtmgm
    replied
    Originally posted by smithbrad View Post

I concur it is not upscaling. I've downloaded the same files from SF versions that were prior to the DRM change, to after the DRM change when limited to SD, then HD re-encoding, to the latest version. There was never a time I noticed any upscaling. The re-encoding is from an HD resolution file. However, I've noticed no improvement from the latest release to earlier releases that re-encoded. The re-encoded files I am getting are 1/3 the bitrate and size that they normally should be according to what I received before the DRM change and in comparison, to what the competitor is providing.
    What about stuttering and lip sync? People complained about that in previous releases. I have no such problems with the test release or the latest. I don't know whether I'm "just lucky" or if maybe that got fixed along with the EAC3 audio issue.

Leave a comment:

• Brozilla
    replied
    Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

You said you need a GPU to screen record and i said no because the CPU can. I have a feeling you are just trolling now because nobody is this dense.

I will not reply again.
    Im not trolling

You said "All modern CPUs can encode H264 no problem. And when i say modern..."
    how should i know that you mean screen recording with "encode"?

I think we've talked at cross purposes.

Leave a comment:

• smithbrad
    replied
    Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
    Re-encode is what they chose to call it but it doesn't matter since the whole issue here is that it is not upscaling.
    I concur it is not upscaling. I've downloaded the same files from SF versions that were prior to the DRM change, to after the DRM change when limited to SD, then HD re-encoding, to the latest version. There was never a time I noticed any upscaling. The re-encoding is from an HD resolution file. However, I've noticed no improvement from the latest release to earlier releases that re-encoded. The re-encoded files I am getting are 1/3 the bitrate and size that they normally should be according to what I received before the DRM change and in comparison, to what the competitor is providing.

Leave a comment:

• jpp72
    replied
    Originally posted by Idreams View Post

I selected H264 . thats what i do for all movies
    Then please provide the version of StreamFab, your Amazon region. the movie you downloaded and an output of MediaInfo for the resulting file.

Leave a comment:

• jpp72
    replied
    Originally posted by Brozilla View Post

I didn't say anything about the cpu.
    i said that screen recording is not so easy without a gpu (graphic card).
    it should be clear that you can encode in avc with almost any cpu. everyone should be able to do hevc these days.

but i wonder how you came up with cpu?​
    You said you need a GPU to screen record and i said no because the CPU can. I have a feeling you are just trolling now because nobody is this dense.

I will not reply again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X