Sticky Suggestion for Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab General Query Sticky Suggestion for Mods

Cats4U would you mind making a sticky on how to change versions with the least amount of issues? I saw you did write it out in a post and it is a very good guide that applies to all the DVDFab family of products.​

The moderators should not have to do this. These Mods are the best you can get. but it seems like the management is trying to make their jobs much harder than it should be. The latest version should be the best version with fixes and other updated corrections that would improve the program. Still, here in this environment, the developers make the job harder for the Moderators by using regression tactics that they think will fool the mods and the customers. It's like two entities trying to fool each other. There is no real communication between the two. While your question is valid, the result is the customer having to beg for something that they paid money for to work properly. It's a sad excuse for a development team when the customer has to beg for a version that works the way it's advertised and that version doesn't exist.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Calm down, Chameleon! I truly appreciate your defense of Jack and me in our ongoing non-communication with management, but Beyil made a very reasonable request. I think it would be helpful for everyone to know how to switch out updates. What I'm going to post now is my boilerplate version that I give when someone is having a problem with a previous version of SF and I want them to install the latest version. I want to refine the wording a bit better before I make it into a Sticky that will cover all changes between updates.

My suggestion is to do a clean installation of the latest StreamFab release, meaning use a "professional Uninstaller" such as Revo, Ashampoo, and many others (Google "Uninstallers" for additional free and pay programs) to uninstall SF. Right now, I prefer the Ashampoo - https://www.ashampoo.com/en-us/uninstaller-free. Revo sometimes makes you reboot your computer.

1) Delete your StreamFab Log and Temp folders.
      2) Run your uninstaller and remove the existing StreamFab including the registry entries. At one point, it will ask you if you want to save your StreamFab configuration. Say NO. A StreamFab window will come up and ask why you are uninstalling, choose Other and type Clean Install.
      3) Start reinstall using latest offline update file. I prefer to get mine from the Sticky at the top of this forum.
      4) A StreamFab popup will ask for your email/password to authorize your StreamFab. Give your DVDFab email/password, not your forum email/password, if different.
      5) Ignore all the garbage advertisements. I don't think I have to tell you that.
      6) Reset up your Settings and the GUI the way you want it to look.
      7) It is always best to close and then open StreamFab at this point.
      8) Give StreamFab a try.
      ​

Comment

I could not agree more Chameleon. The fact remains that the online installer which the live updater uses tends to mess up the install is still an ongoing issue, which should not be the focus at the moment of the developer until after the current main issue is totally resolved. Which also begs the question as to why the online installer which is causing issues is even in use in its current state??

I don't know how many times I've seen issues with something suddenly not working due to a "dirty" install of an update or reinstall of a main version from a test version.

Hence why a guide to update and / or replace a test version with a main version, might reduce a few posts...

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          I want to refine the wording a bit better before I make it into a Sticky that will cover all changes between updates.

[snip]

My suggestion is to do a clean installation of the latest StreamFab release,

[snip]

3) Start reinstall using latest offline update file. I prefer to get mine from the Sticky at the top of this forum.
          At the risk of stating the obvious, it sounds like you wrote this "boilerplate version" at a time when they were releasing versions that worked, instead of versions that we want to downgrade from.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

At the risk of stating the obvious, it sounds like you wrote this "boilerplate version" at a time when they were releasing versions that worked, instead of versions that we want to downgrade from.
            A spade is a spade...the same applies here, it's repeated but still applies, a question was asked, and it was answered straight forward. Only thing that is obvious here is coded word association. Say what you mean....if you feel anything different.
            Last edited by Down2Earth; 03-22-2024, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X