This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Treating TV shows like movies, only can get episode 1

Looks like a new update rolled out, now when you click on a TV series it treats it like a single episode/movie.
    It even downloads the episode to the root folder, and not the season folder, giving it the complete movie treatment.
    Copied a URL for a single episode from a browser, it still downloaded episode 1.
    Am using the last stable version, 6167.
    Attached Files
  • Answer selected by jpp72 at 04-19-2024, 10:25 PM.

Grabbed 6.1.7.4 and checked Ghosts season 1, Star Trek Discovery season 1 and Star Trek Strange New Worlds and the episodes were listed. Did a quick download (lowest res possible) of the first and second episode of Ghosts season 1 and it is once again saving the output in the proper folder with the proper season and proper file naming conventions.

Comment

Yes I tried both 67 and the newest 73 same issue.

Comment

Hello all,

In version 6.1.7.3, we cannot pick the seasons. I have 2 differents computers with the same version and they do the same issue.

Thanx.
        Regards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1285
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	440971

Comment

Is anyone else having this problem?, Amazon can only analyze 1 episode, no seasons (when the download window appears no episode listing, just the download options like with movies). I've tried several series, all the same. I'm running 6.1.6.6

Comment

Same here but with 6.1.7.3
            Last edited by quebecman; 04-17-2024, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Same problem with 6.1.6.7.

Comment

Here is the screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	577
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	440978

Comment

Here's a not very satisfactory workaround. You can play an episode in your browser, copy the URL, then go to StreamFab and add it to your queue for download. You have to do it 1 episode at a time, beause the name in the queue will be the series name only. It adds Title, Year and Genre tags, but the Title is just the series name. It adds a black rectangle for cover art, but not the correct cover art. The filename is just the series name, so you need to rename each downloaded file to keep track of which episode it is. As I said, not a very satisfactory workaround, but if you really need an episode other than episode 1, that's how you can do it. You probably have to start playing the episode in your browser to get the correct episode. When I simply selected an episode without also clicking Play, I ended up with episode 1 even though it was episode 3 of the season. I was able to get episode 3 when I clicked Play before going to StreamFab to add it to the queue.

This is a critical issue for Amazon downloaders, and I hope StreamFab releases a fix for version 6.1.6.7 (the last without re-encoding) as well as for 6.1.7.3. Better yet, drop the re-encoding altogether. But if they keep re-encoding, they need to fork the code and release 2 new versions with a fix for this Amazon issue.

Comment

One step forward, one step back. Its getting worse!!

Comment

This looks like a server problem? Since different versions all have it. I also noticed it went back to 1 season only before this (didn't mention it since I actually preferred that because it makes Streamfab analyze faster)

Comment

This thread should be merged with the one started by MrGrackle - Treating TV shows like movies, only can get episode 1.

Comment

• jpp72
                          jpp72 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          3 Threads Merged

I can verify the same thing for 6.1.6.7 on Win7. All I was using SF for was episodic television which I usually only grab at 480p. Now SF is completely and utterly useless for me. I'll leave installed as it is but there is no valid reason for me to use it at all. Yet one more fix to add to the backlog?

Once again the alternative appears to be unaffected. It lists all the episodes in the season. I tried three series just to be sure. If you want proof I did get a screenshot of the list of episodes. I just wonder how much other shit they'll break trying to fix this. Well, I guess the real question any more is IF they can.

One thing that is really grating on me is I recommended SF when the original developer was still around and it was the "one to beat" to a handful of friends and I have heard from ALL of them. now I look like a complete ass so it's official, that definitely qualifies as pissing me off royal.

An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

I opened Amazon Prime in my browser and no longer see the episode list. Then I noticed they have changed the web page layout. When you select a season, there is a submenu

Episodes Explore Related Details

It defaults to Explore, which displays a shopping link. The episodes are listed under Episodes. My guess is that Amazon's implementation of this web interface change broke StreamFab's episode enumeration code. Probably an easy fix for StreamFab, with no cryptography required.

Comment

It has been like that for quite some time. It usually lands on Episodes but every rarely on Related. Checked Ghosts season 3, Star Trek Discovery season 2 and Star Trek Strange New Worlds season 1 and Reacher season one. All landed on Episodes for me. Three of those were three that would not list the episodes and instead behaved as if it were a movie.
                            An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

No need to c&p the URL, just play the episode you want for a few seconds in normal browser, then Streamfab will grab the one you last played to analyze. Still need to manually put in the season, episode, and title, though. A temporary workaround if you are only downloading a small number of episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X