6174 Wrong Audio Downloads / Numbering Also Off Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon 6174 Wrong Audio Downloads / Numbering Also Off Again

Tried it with several different episodes, am not getting 5.1 audio like I should for the show.
    In the example of the attached log, the show has a making of feature listed as the first available stream, so I have Episode 1 paused, which is a 5.1 audio available episode. If I did not pause the first episode, we all know that SF analyzes the first available stream for everything, meaning incorrect audio (and possibly video options).
    When I click the series to download, it preselects the first available episode that I have paused (not the making of special), which is full 5.1 audio, multiple video streams, etc. When I was using 6167, the audio was correct in this configuration, so something else changed with the recent api change.
    I checked with the fox program, it indeed offers and downloads 5.1.
    SF is thinking that the making of feature is episode 1, so all the episodes are also off by 1, even though the description of the episode is the correct episode number. Again, the fox numbers them correctly.
    Attached Files

Did you have extreme slow speed in any of the steps?

Comment

Originally posted by quebecman View Post
      Did you have extreme slow speed in any of the steps?
      NO. Now that it's back to enumerating the entire series again, that takes 15 seconds or so. The download less than 10 seconds.
      Download speed from Amazon is around 120Mbytes/sec, Peacock 250 MBytes/sec, Hulu fluctuates, but frequently averages 80.

Comment

I can confirm the audio downgrade during download. Even though I select EAC3 5.1 (6 channel) the resulting download is only AAC stereo. I tested with Ghosts season 1 and the pilot episode. Not just once but three times. "Other" using the exact same settings downloaded it in Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 (6 channel) so it's not Amazon. Note the difference in file sizes. Video is the same, audio bitrate is different.

I live in a rural area as I have an extreme aversion to people, Better Homes and Gardens, rap "music", cookie cutter homes and the smell of Scott's lawn fertilizer. We are single pair ADSL here and just barely that so I have to admit I'm just a tad jealous of 120 to 250 MBs. Can I borrow some of your bandwidth for a little while? ​ When we moved in I ran new telco line from the service box to the jack at the same time I ran all the CAT6 which helped.Anything here is SLOOOOOW. I could swear even emails come down one letter at a time sometimes.

I've run into the shifted episode numbers now and then when there is a special or the pilot is double length but some of that may be due to how the streamer organizes the episodes in my case. Star Trek the original series is one. Amazon has Dr. G completely scrambled, poached and sunny side up. Same with 48 hours. I only tested the one episode for this issue.

SF Settings:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SF_settings.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	441140

SF Results:

Name:	sf_results.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	441141

"Other" Results:

Name:	zorro_rojo_results.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	441142
        Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Yes, for Amazon, the audio went bad.
          They had that fixed in a version 6.1.7.0​, but we can't use prior versions now since the Amazon episode change.
          Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

The episode I tested was Ghosts season 1 episode 1 and I believe it came out in late 2021. Amazon added Paramount+ to its subscription lineup in Sep of 2023 (going by Paramount's announcement). Looked at Dr. G Medical Examiner to choose an older show but it is too old and only stereo (and 4:3). I chose Star Trek Discovery season one episode one as it is available in EAC3 5.1 but old enough (2018) to predate the 01-25-24 DRM change.

Just to be sure I eliminated Paramount+ and chose Jack Ryan season one episode 1 (also 2018) which is Amazon Prime to test as well. You may also notice in the downloading snips it indicates 360p. Nope. The popup indicates it was downloaded at 360p. Nope again. They downloaded at the resolution I specified as I'm only concerned with the audio issue in this case. DRM is a whole different critter. I noticed it was much slower (mostly processing) with SF than "Other". Pay close attention to the audio bitrates as well.

radiah Is there a particular episode or series I should be comparing with these results? I'm pretty sure the issue MrGrackle pointed out has been adequately demonstrated. Just so there's no confusion, STD is Star Trek Discovery and JR is Jack Ryan. Well hell, max attachments is 6. I'll follow up with the Jack Ryan in another post.

Paramount's Amazon announcement:

Name:	pmt_added_to_amzn.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	441155

SF STD Settings:

Name:	sf_std_settings.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	441151

SF STD Downloading:

Name:	sf_std_downloading.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	441152
            SF STD Results:

Name:	sf_std_results.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	441153

"Other" STD Results:

Name:	zorro_rojo_std_results.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	441154

Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

SF JR Settings:

Name:	sf_jr_settings.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	441158

SF JR Downloading:

Name:	sf_jr_downloading.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	441159

SF JR Results:

Name:	sf_jr_results.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	441160

"Other" JR Results:

Name:	zorro_rojo_jr_results.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	441161

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
                ....I live in a rural area as I have an extreme aversion to people, Better Homes and Gardens, rap "music", cookie cutter homes and the smell of Scott's lawn fertilizer. We are single pair ADSL here and just barely that so I have to admit I'm just a tad jealous of 120 to 250 MBs. Can I borrow some of your bandwidth for a little while? ​ When we moved in I ran new telco line from the service box to the jack at the same time I ran all the CAT6 which helped.Anything here is SLOOOOOW. I could swear even emails come down one letter at a time sometimes.
                Any chance you can get Starlink where you're located? I don't have it myself but a few people I know do, and they are quite pleased with it...

Comment

They want an arm and a leg for it around here. The equipment is very expensive and the monthly fees are high. Keep in mind I'm retired (puny payckecks). And there's still the 800-1000ms latency inherent with satellite. Right now I just have to go 1 mile over copper (45ms) but with satellite it has to bounce off the satellite and back for every request and again for the response. That's a LONG double round trip.

Comment

Originally posted by radiah
                    So there is a known worldwide issue at the moment with newer video in AMZN. Highest audio available is plain stereo at 128kb/s.
                    I hear you, but this is not what's going on here. This is not new video. It is a new problem with the new version of the program.

Comment

I do use PYTHON TOOL and everything is good on this side! UNTOUCH download. It's unfortunately Streamfab that is a SCAM.

Comment

Originally posted by radiah
                        So there is a known worldwide issue at the moment with newer video in AMZN. Highest audio available is plain stereo at 128kb/s.
                        Please define "newer."

This is untrue. Up until recently I was using SF to download episodic television. Since I used Ghosts as a test above here are three episodes I downloaded on 01-05-24, 02-16-24 and just last week 04-12-24 using SF, the latest with 6.1.6.7 and compare to the SF downloads I illustrated above using 6.1.7.4. Pay close attention to the audio stream values. This is something new and specific to SF, also illustrated above. Now backdating is pointless. As a matter of fact SF has also again become pointless. Any earlier versions see the series as a movie and 6.1.7.4 refuses to do anything but AAC 2 channel stereo. I guess it's a good thing I haven't been using SF for the few movies I've bought in the last month I've been using "Other.". I like the idea of buying digital as I've had 4 Blu Rays de-laminate on me. Never again. Not at those prices. I'll pay the $19.99 Amazon usually wants for a new release and have a backup.

01-05-24

Name:	01-05-24.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	441177

02-16-24

Name:	02-16-24.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	441178

04-12-24

Name:	04-12-24.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	441179

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
                          They want an arm and a leg for it around here. The equipment is very expensive and the monthly fees are high. Keep in mind I'm retired (puny payckecks). And there's still the 800-1000ms latency inherent with satellite. Right now I just have to go 1 mile over copper (45ms) but with satellite it has to bounce off the satellite and back for every request and again for the response. That's a LONG double round trip.
                          I'm not an expert but the Starlink satellites' orbit is much, much lower than the other satellite internet offerings. I get that it still may be too expensive, but the latency is not as bad as you're saying it is. It's between 25-60ms.

Here's some other specs:
                          https://www.starlink.com/legal/docum...-1400-28829-70

Comment

$600 for the entry receiver, more for the mount. Then $120 a month. Currently at $48 a month and already have the router.

Comment

May I ask which video? I checked the last 20 I grabbed and the only ones with an audio bitrate other than 640 Kb/s for EAC3 were a documentary and two very old titles (Lorenzo's Oil 1992 and Spirit Rider 1993) at 224kb/s. Maybe I've been utilizing a different competitor? The newest title I bought was Land of Bad released 03-19-24 on Amazon and it is 640kb/s EAC3 6 channel. I'm in the US if that makes any difference.

Bitrate for me is somewhat of a secondary concern as no shows will come down EAC3 6 channel at any bitrate but only AAC 2 stereo. I'm not using SF for any movies right now due to the painfully slow processing times and StreamClient.exe crashes the majority of the time towards the end of the processing before re-muxing. That is if it doesn't fall flat on it's face right out of the gate or analyze forever. With the stereo only issue I'm not using SF for episodic TV, so basically I'm not using it at all.

All the series episodes I tested earlier in this thread came down 192kb/s AAC 2 stereo with SF and 640kb/s EAC3 6 channel with the other option I used. Fallout is a very recent series so if I have time today I'll test with that as well, unless someone else beats me to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X