• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Amazon Analysis Workaround 6.1.6.7

Amazon Analysis Workaround 6.1.6.7

To load Amazon titles with the old DRM in the correct sound:
    (All statements without guarantee)

1. Install 6.1.7.5.

2. Copy the files from this folder to another location, you will need them later

C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\script

amazon_get_meta_info.py
    amazon_get_real_url.py
    amazon_get_season_urls.py
    amazon_get_seasons_info.py
    amazon_is_meta.py

3. Uninstall 6.1.7.5 completely using Revo and delete the temporary files.

4. Install 6.1.6.7

5. Copy the files you backed up from 6.1.7.5 to the C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\script folder, you need to replace the existing files with these.

6. Use the Amazon module, the analysis window should now display somewhat correctly.

Another easier option would have been to deactivate the recod mode with 6.1.7.5, but then the sound problem would still exist.

Important: These instructions do not replace the DRM problems. It is simply possible to load videos from Amazon that do not yet have the new DRM without restrictions.​

To deactivate the Recod mode on 6.1.7.5 is very easy...

the file under C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab

"StreamClient.exe"

Change or rename the file extension so that Streamfab cannot find it during operation. The new DRM files are then simply skipped with an error. I tried this first as a test. But the sound is still bad. Streamfab can sometimes crash as a result, possibly because it is constantly looking for this file. I have no idea, this could also be the case with this version in general...​

Comment

Kudos! I took a shortcut and simply copied over those 5 files after exiting StreamFab, then restarted the program and successfully added 14 "seasons" of Dark Shadows to my queue. Version 6.1.6.7 downloads them with 224 kbps EAC3 audio, where 6.1.7.5 downloads 128 kbps AAC audio. After downloading 3 episodes I exited the program, restarted it and downloaded 3 more. Seems to work fine. I had 6.1.7.5 installed on a second computer, so I was able to copy the 5 files from that machine and copy them onto the machine with 6.1.6.7.
      Last edited by JeffDavis; 04-27-2024, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
        Kudos! I took a shortcut and simply copied over those 5 files after exiting StreamFab, then restarted the program and successfully added 14 "seasons" of Dark Shadows to my queue. Version 6.1.6.7 downloads them with 224 kbps EAC3 audio, where 6.1.7.5 downloads 128 kbps AAC audio. After downloading 3 episodes I exited the program, restarted it and downloaded 3 more. Seems to work fine. I had 6.1.7.5 installed on a second computer, so I was able to copy the 5 files from that machine and copy them onto the machine with 6.1.6.7.
        Yes, I also have the 6167 on one PC and the latest one on another for testing... Could it be that your titles don't have EAC3 5.1, because that should work normally as long as the videos have it!

Comment

It's Dark Shadows, which is a late 1960s daytime soap opera, ando the EAC3 audio is 2.0 stereo, not 5.1. I convert it later to 192 kbps AAC with FFMPEG. Tha AAC that version 6.1.7.5 downloads with Dark Shadows is only 128 kbps.

Comment

Excellent. Worked for me as well. Shows I downloaded a few days ago that came down as audio AAC are now coming down as EAC3.

Jeff, have you seen Dark Shadows before? I got the DVD coffin set when first released. My wife and I made it through over 1000 episodes before getting burned out on it. Never saw the last 100 or so episodes. I can see revisiting it again someday. My daughter watched it all and will periodically rewatch a storyline of interest. Enjoy.

Comment

I watched it after school and during summers. Once Barnabas appeared it became very popular with kids and teenagers. It had already switched to color when I started watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
                I watched it after school and during summers. Once Barnabas appeared it became very popular with kids and teenagers. It had already switched to color when I started watching it.
                I was too young when first on, but one of my older sisters watched it. I remembered the into waves and music.

Comment

This speaks a lot to the state of DVDfab at this point. I have always had my theory as to the sudden switch to 13., That being said this workaround from Sebastian001 gets me back up and running. It's just what it is. a work-around. I can now download at least at a lower resolution and eac-3 (5.1). I certainly hope the company get get back on the right track. THANKS Sebastian001!

Comment

I noticed that the 6.1.6.7 installs to the (x86). Not causing or having any issue, just thought it curious. Do you know why or is it a big deal? I hope this is a temporary install until they get the DRM issue resolved. They must have some confidence since they have not suspended sale of the product.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazzy1 View Post
                      I noticed that the 6.1.6.7 installs to the (x86).
                      The x64 version installs by default to the C:\Program Files folder. I've never used it, but I would expect the 32-bit version to install by default to the C:\Program Files (x86) folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazzy1 View Post
                        I noticed that the 6.1.6.7 installs to the (x86). Not causing or having any issue, just thought it curious. Do you know why or is it a big deal? I hope this is a temporary install until they get the DRM issue resolved. They must have some confidence since they have not suspended sale of the product.
                        then you have installed the 32 bit version

Comment

I just went back to check the site, going too fast and didn't pay attention to the drop down! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X