Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRM change to Max (U.S.) or is StreamFab no longer able to process Max media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows DRM change to Max (U.S.) or is StreamFab no longer able to process Max media?

As of today, I'm unable to download anything from Max. At first, I thought the issue was with the latest update (6.1.7.5). But I reinstalled 6.1.7.4, and the issue (error 702 failures) exists there, too. The symptom is that it only spends a fraction of a second attempting to deal with the video portion of any download, skips directly to the audio (which it strangely reports it's trying to download at 50 B/s), and then fails. I've tried repeatedly clearing the Cache folder, restarting the PC, and installing the update both via the offline download and within-program update. Initially, I thought it was a problem with Velma, Season 2 episodes, but it's also failed on two movies and another TV show--so I assume it's a problem with everything. And those episodes play fine on my TV and StreamFab's window). None of these attempts has made a difference.

Hulu, on the other hand, is working correctly with both versions of StreamFab.

StreamFab.log

Originally posted by zapt View Post
    As of today, I'm unable to download anything from Max. At first, I thought the issue was with the latest update (6.1.7.5). But I reinstalled 6.1.7.4, and the issue (error 702 failures) exists there, too. The symptom is that it only spends a fraction of a second attempting to deal with the video portion of any download, skips directly to the audio (which it strangely reports it's trying to download at 50 B/s), and then fails. I've tried repeatedly clearing the Cache folder, restarting the PC, and installing the update both via the offline download and within-program update. Initially, I thought it was a problem with Velma, Season 2 episodes, but it's also failed on two movies and another TV show--so I assume it's a problem with everything. And those episodes play fine on my TV and StreamFab's window). None of these attempts has made a difference.

Hulu, on the other hand, is working correctly with both versions of StreamFab.

[ATTACH]n441602[/ATTACH]
    try downloading an older movie or a TV show, if it still fails then Max has changed something.
    Velma, Season 2 is a new release so that may have something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try downloading an older movie or a TV show, if it still fails then Max has changed something.
      Velma, Season 2 is a new release so that may have something to do with it.
      War for the Planet of the Apes and Deepwater Horizon both just failed, too. But it was worth a shot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	snip.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.0 KB ID:	441608
      Attached Files
      Last edited by zapt; 04-28-2024, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Everything on HBOMax and Max is failing. I am tired of this program and complaining. I bought it a long time ago, I got my money's worth in the first few months. Then it started to fail, first, it was 720p on HBOMAX, which lasted years. Then it was issues with other modules then it was Netflix. Then it was Peacock logging me out after 1 download, and then it was all this re-encoding and now this crap doesn't work at all. I am tired.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I got an actual DRM popup indicating downloading is limited to 720p. Then proceeded to fail, Error Code 702

Comment

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with Max (US) running StreamFab for Windows?

If you are still successfully downloading anything from them, what StreamFab version do you have installed and give me the names of a few successful episodes or movies. Thanks!

Comment

the problem appears to have started last Thursday the 24th. I have been unable to finish up an old series (ten years old on HBO) that was working just fine at 1080p. I have tried three different machines with versions 6.1.6.7, 6.1.7.4, and a 6.1.7.5. no vm's or vpn's, just standalone machines with no changes to anything. I also tried logging out of MAX and re-logging in and no joy. so yeah hoping we see some progress soon. IF anyone is successfully able to dl from MAX please share your version setup. thanks in advance

Comment

This program used to be very good and was updated often to fix things. From the looks of things, it's like the talent that knew how to do things is no longer with the company.

I wonder what the real story actually is.

Comment

Haven't tried Max lately, but all versions from 6.1.6.7 on up have failed to download Resident Alien, season 3, episodes 2-8 on Peacock. I have seaons 1-2 plus the first episode of season 3 already.
                  I installed the trial version of An*Stream yesterday and it was able to download the remaining episodes fine, although it crashed halfway through downloading Night Swim.

Comment

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with Max (US) running StreamFab for Windows?

If you are still successfully downloading anything from them, what StreamFab version do you have installed and give me the names of a few successful episodes or movies. Thanks!
                    For me, it seems as if Max is working as well as can be expected using version 6.1.6.7. I picked a few random examples to download including "Barbie", "Black Adam", and "An American Bombing: The Road to April 19th". An American Bombing was just added, I'm not entirely sure when the others were added, but I think they may alll be relatively recent. Barbie came down at 1920x960 with no issues, but to get Black Adam to start downloading, I had to press refresh the Max tab in SF after it displayed an error message. In the end, it came down at 1920x804. Finally, American Bombing came down at 1280x20.

Nothing was re-encoded...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post

For me, it seems as if Max is working as well as can be expected using version 6.1.6.7.

Nothing was re-encoded...
                      Thanks so much! Assuming you’re in the US and are running Windows 10, this sounds like a “me problem.” I’m not sure what else I can try beyond cleaning the Cache folder again or completely reinstalling. In the meantime, I’m going to submit a ticket to support.

Comment

Thanks so much! Assuming you’re in the US and are running Windows 10, this sounds like a “me problem.” I’m not sure what else I can try beyond cleaning the Cache folder again or completely reinstalling. In the meantime, I’m going to submit a ticket to support.
                        try installing an older version of streamfab and see if you can download from MAX.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try installing an older version of streamfab and see if you can download from MAX.
                          Good suggestion, but I already tried that by reinstalling the previous version (see my original post at the start of this thread). Even though 6.1.7.4 previously worked fine, it now has the same error as 6.1.7.5.

Comment

Good suggestion, but I already tried that by reinstalling the previous version (see my original post at the start of this thread). Even though 6.1.7.4 previously worked fine, it now has the same error as 6.1.7.5.
                            do downloads fail on both MP4 & MKV ??
                            can you download anything below 720p ?

Comment

Thanks Baker for giving me some hope on resolving this problem. Max stopped working for me on several machines simultaneously last week so I figured it was something to do with SF.

Zapt I am also running win10 pro boxes and am using xfinity/crapcast connection. I can try a tmobile hotspot and see if my results differ in case it is a authentication issue via my cable provider. I really don't have any idea why it started failing like it did - could it be a windows update? Do you have any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X