Download speed extremely slow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download speed extremely slow!

StreamFab 6.1.8.1: The download speed of videos from Amazon Prime is extremely slow. But EAC 5.1 Audio now works.

Originally posted by Bithunter_Hardy View Post
    StreamFab 6.1.8.1: The download speed of videos from Amazon Prime is extremely slow. But EAC 5.1 Audio now works.
    Sounds like a problem on your end...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1068
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	443424
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

download is faster than ever before
      You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

I downloaded 1 movie, a fairly large video (7 GB). It is clearly true downloading. HEVC video and EAC-3 224 kbps audio. The download seemed to pause occasionally, but when it was not paused it was very fast. Could the pausing be due to a sudden load on SF's servers? Overall download time was satisfactory. One minor bug, it left behind a zero-byte temp file of the same name as the downloaded video file but with a *.temp extension. I can live with that! Gotta ask though, did DVDFab just buy RedFox?

Comment

Yeah, some of the movies I tested with I thought came down faster. Of course, I don't have anything timed with a stop watch to compare.

Downloading the StreamFab offline installer was slow from the one server (using the link in the announcement thread), but using the link from dvdfab.cn/download was must faster.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
            Gotta ask though, did DVDFab just buy RedFox?
            This whole merger/buyout/poaching theory is, IMHO just a pipe dream. They never stopped working on the cracks and they finally got lucky.

If they actually bought them, why the rush to release an incomplete crack of Netflix?

Again, i could be waaaaayyyyyy off but to me, it was more of a ploy to attract or keep users from defecting when AS is back online.

If you just say ok we cracked Amazon, people can say ok so what? AS cracked it 4 months ago. But if you say we cracked Amazon and Netflix but need a bit more time to fully crack Netflix and you show the latest stuff is working, you just activated the water pumps on your sinking ship and the tugboat is on it's way to bail you out.

It feels like there was a sense of urgency after seeing the exodus and the comments here. If you bought the other company then you can just take your time and release the full crack for Netflix.

BTW, this pipe dream of one company buying the other needs to stay a pipe dream. I don't get why people think it would be a good thing... How many times has the consumer ever benefited from a company having a monopoly? I can tell you: 0 times
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

It feels like there was a sense of urgency after seeing the exodus and the comments here.
              It wasn't like we didn't tell them that that was going to happen from the earliest moments after the DRM change. Heck, I tried to get them working on the new CDM back in November (like AS did) but they said there was no need to do that.
              Maybe they finally hired a new developer which will be very helpful, or they just got lucky. I still don't trust them with the sorry management team they have that can't think more than one half step ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

This whole merger/buyout/poaching theory is, IMHO just a pipe dream. They never stopped working on the cracks and they finally got lucky.

If they actually bought them, why the rush to release an incomplete crack of Netflix?

Again, i could be waaaaayyyyyy off but to me, it was more of a ploy to attract or keep users from defecting when AS is back online.

If you just say ok we cracked Amazon, people can say ok so what? AS cracked it 4 months ago. But if you say we cracked Amazon and Netflix but need a bit more time to fully crack Netflix and you show the latest stuff is working, you just activated the water pumps on your sinking ship and the tugboat is on it's way to bail you out.

It feels like there was a sense of urgency after seeing the exodus and the comments here. If you bought the other company then you can just take your time and release the full crack for Netflix.

BTW, this pipe dream of one company buying the other needs to stay a pipe dream. I don't get why people think it would be a good thing... How many times has the consumer ever benefited from a company having a monopoly? I can tell you: 0 times
                Unifab now has a new URL on the website. I wonder what that means...

Comment

I hope DVDFab finally cracked the (Amazon) DRM on their own and that AS comes back on line. I like having a backup or alternative, such as for times like the last 4 months.

Comment

Downloaded my second movie. This time no odd zero-byte temp file, but I noticed that both downloads do not include subtitles. Both movies have subtitles when played in my browser. The log says something about "transformXmlToSrtSubtitle failed".

2024:06:06-14:19:45 0x00000138 [Info]: convert result subtitle file d:%5CM%5C_IN%5CTEMP/outputTemp/Amazon/2024_06_06_14_07_03_B001NSNGXG/Period_00/Sub_00/st_00.srt is exist? : 0, file size is 0
                    2024:06:06-14:19:45 0x00000138 [Critical]: "[DownloadControlAmazon]" transformXmlToSrtSubtitle failed, retry
                    2024:06:06-14:19:46 0x00000138 [Info]: convert result subtitle file d:%5CM%5C_IN%5CTEMP/outputTemp/Amazon/2024_06_06_14_07_03_B001NSNGXG/Period_00/Sub_00/st_00.srt is exist? : 0, file size is 0
                    2024:06:06-14:19:46 0x00000138 [Critical]: "[DownloadControlAmazon]" transformXmlToSrtSubtitle failed, retry
                    2024:06:06-14:19:46 0x00000138 [Info]: convert result subtitle file d:%5CM%5C_IN%5CTEMP/outputTemp/Amazon/2024_06_06_14_07_03_B001NSNGXG/Period_00/Sub_00/st_00.srt is exist? : 0, file size is 0
                    2024:06:06-14:19:46 0x00000138 [Critical]: "[DownloadControlAmazon]" transformXmlToSrtSubtitle failed, retry
                    2024:06:06-14:19:46 0x00000138 [Info]: Subtitle done.​
                    StreamFab.log

Comment

I downloaded one of the movies on another computer with version 6.1.7.5. It took forever, bercause of the re-encoding, and did not include subtitles. I installed 6.1.6.7 on the computer and downloaded both movies very quickly at minimum video resolution and both downloads include subtitles. I can mux the subtitles into the full HD downloads obtained with 6.1.8.1 using FFMPEG. However, please note that version 6.1.6.7 is able to download subtitles from Amazon, while later versions, including the Wunderkind 6.1.8.1, are not able to. Please incorporate the subtitle processing of 6.1.6.7 into 6.1.8.1.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
                        I downloaded one of the movies on another computer with version 6.1.7.5. It took forever, bercause of the re-encoding, and did not include subtitles. I installed 6.1.6.7 on the computer and downloaded both movies very quickly at minimum video resolution and both downloads include subtitles. I can mux the subtitles into the full HD downloads obtained with 6.1.8.1 using FFMPEG. However, please note that version 6.1.6.7 is able to download subtitles from Amazon, while later versions, including the Wunderkind 6.1.8.1, are not able to. Please incorporate the subtitle processing of 6.1.6.7 into 6.1.8.1.
                        I downloaded a movie with subs from amazon and it muxed in subs and eac3 audio without issue. Downloaded fast too.

Comment

should have noted that is with version 6.1.8.1

Comment

I don't know if certain regions have the subtitle issue, certain titles, or both.
                            In the USA using auto region for Amazon I can download subtitles, separate or have them remux into the movie. I have yet to see it not work. I just did random 5 movies and all came with subtitles.

NO issues of downloading speed, most times that can be either a network issue or a provider issue.
                            Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

I just noticed the option to download subtitles only. Tried that with 6.1.8.1 and it failed to download.
                              StreamFab SRT Only.log

One other thing to mention, these 2 movies are on an Amazon Prime channel that I subscribe to. Still, 6.1.6.7 is able to download the subtitles while 6.1.8.1 (and 6.1.7.5) is not.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X