This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So where did the competition go ??

They have been down for 3 days, no website or anything, totally vanished. Can only be good news for Streamfab staff.

domain still exists. I think their webhost shut them down.

Comment

I highly suspect it's a hosting issue

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
        I highly suspect it's a hosting issue
        according to this webpage - https://borncity.com/win/2024/06/08/...ine-june-2024/ either the website shut down for legal reasons,
        technical reasons and the comment at bottom suggest business may have ceased operations.
        Last edited by october262; 06-09-2024, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

according to this webpage - https://borncity.com/win/2024/06/08/...ine-june-2024/ either the website shut down for legal reasons,
          technical reasons and the comment at bottom suggest business may have ceased operations.
          How accurate is that article? I mean I see "could be", "maybe", "looks like" and references to the reddit threat that has users trying to figure out what happened.

It comes away with the same conclusions we've been speculating about legal (take down or seizure), technical (DNS, hosting, server crash), or ceased operations (money grab or ran out of money)

Then again, that seems to be the consensus. That until someone from Redfox comes out and shares what happened, plus proves they are really from Redfox (as they have no other official communication option besides their website and forum), we wont really know, and all we can do is guess and/or speculate.

Comment

KidJoe Ditto! The only thing for certain is it remains to be seen.

Comment

someone on the reddit had mentioned that they saw on some other forum that they sold the keys to streamfab and thats how miraculously the day after they disappeared streamfab started working correctly. First of all, doubt, second of all if they did do this then does fab still have the ability moving forward to keep this a downloader and not a reencoder once the keys change. This would essentially mean that the companies would need to combine so that AS devs could continue to break through drm hurdles and fab devs could work on software side. I dont see a world where AS devs do this. Will we be down and out once drm changes if this is the case, i sure hope not.

Comment

Seems pretty obvious that Anystream sold the DRM solution to SF when they realised that for whatever reason they were closing down. Really hope they get new site sorted and honour existing subscribers.

Comment

I mean i agree which means that fab is temporarily alive as a downloader unless they also inherited the devs that know how to crack the drm. The only other thing could be that fox will regroup and reopen under a new name and no longer offer lifetime since they ended that anyway. Here's hoping because fab was DOA prior to june 7

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                    How accurate is that article? I mean I see "could be", "maybe", "looks like" and references to the reddit threat that has users trying to figure out what happened.

It comes away with the same conclusions we've been speculating about legal (take down or seizure), technical (DNS, hosting, server crash), or ceased operations (money grab or ran out of money)

Then again, that seems to be the consensus. That until someone from Redfox comes out and shares what happened, plus proves they are really from Redfox (as they have no other official communication option besides their website and forum), we wont really know, and all we can do is guess and/or speculate.
                    i'd say this is 98 / 99% accurate because if it was server/ technical issue the site would be back up & running by now
                    but since nothing is working, i'd say they were forced to close their doors.

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post
                      Seems pretty obvious that Anystream sold the DRM solution to SF when they realised that for whatever reason they were closing down. Really hope they get new site sorted and honour existing subscribers.
                      I don't think it is obvious at all. A good many modules that SF say they are working on restoring weren't ever a part of AS's working streamers. As one example, AS never made any attempt at downloading DRM MPD streams.

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post
                        I mean i agree which means that fab is temporarily alive as a downloader unless they also inherited the devs that know how to crack the drm. The only other thing could be that fox will regroup and reopen under a new name and no longer offer lifetime since they ended that anyway. Here's hoping because fab was DOA prior to june 7
                        June 6th Redfox goes down, June 7th Fab has an Amazon solution. Very suspect to me.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

i'd say this is 98 / 99% accurate because if it was server/ technical issue the site would be back up & running by now
                          but since nothing is working, i'd say they were forced to close their doors.
                          One major inaccurate thing they wrote about is that NJALLA is the provider/host. They are not, they are merely the DNS servers. The host is Hostinger International Ltd.. They are headquartered in Cyprus but Redfox's actual hosting location is in Vilnius, Lithuania with an IP address of 45.93.138.193 and named lt.redfox.bz. Hostinger hosting status is showing as fully operational and no downtime since May 23rd.

Comment

If they aren't back up by now, it's over for them. Interpol can find and shut them down, but China doesn't care about USA-made movies. The Motion picture association has a very long reach but not as far as China.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I can guess until the cows come home but until I see concrete evidence supporting any of the conspiracy theories I'm going to go with "I don't know."

A tinfoil hat will not protect you from alien mind probes. Those are inserted anally.

Comment

Working...
                              X