Subtitles not Downloading on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Subtitles not Downloading on Amazon

Trying to download "The Holdovers" on Amazon, video downloaded without any difficulty but subtitles did not.

Tried to just download the subtitles, which is failing.
    Log attached.
    Attached Files

Open your StreamFab.ini file in NOTEPAD, and look for folder paths that have double backslashes ("") in them like this:

E:\\Amazon Rips/outputTemp/Amazon/

The double backslashes need to be changed to single forward slashes ("/") like this:

E:/Amazon Rips/outputTemp/Amazon/

The double backslash is a DOS style escape. At some point StreamFab changed to using UNIX style forward slash separators in StreamFab.ini, but did not update paths that were already in the file and used the DOS style convention. Exit the program, edit the StreamFab.ini file, then restart the program.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
      Open your StreamFab.ini file in NOTEPAD, and look for folder paths that have double backslashes ("") in them like this:

E:\\Amazon Rips/outputTemp/Amazon/

The double backslashes need to be changed to single forward slashes ("/") like this:

E:/Amazon Rips/outputTemp/Amazon/

The double backslash is a DOS style escape. At some point StreamFab changed to using UNIX style forward slash separators in StreamFab.ini, but did not update paths that were already in the file and used the DOS style convention. Exit the program, edit the StreamFab.ini file, then restart the program.
      I'm having the same issue. I already checked the streamfab.ini file and I do not have any backslashes.

I think it may have to do with choosing to download in original format. When choosing SRT (either embedded or external), the subs are downloaded successfully. However, when I choose "Original Format", the file does not show up in the output directory.

For now, I have written my own program to monitor the temp directory and copy the subtitle to the output folder as soon as it detects it, but it would be nice if it actually worked like it is supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by tomservo View Post
        I'm having the same issue. I already checked the streamfab.ini file and I do not have any backslashes.

I think it may have to do with choosing to download in original format. When choosing SRT (either embedded or external), the subs are downloaded successfully. However, when I choose "Original Format", the file does not show up in the output directory.

For now, I have written my own program to monitor the temp directory and copy the subtitle to the output folder as soon as it detects it, but it would be nice if it actually worked like it is supposed to.
        That may be a different problem. When I first installed 6.1.8.1 and subtitles, which I normally have remuxed into the MP4 file, were not downloading, I was able to download the "original format" as TTML files. I also saw that the TTML file was created (as a "0." file) in the temporary output folder when I selected remux even though it never got remuxed. I found that replacing my c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\dvdfab\streamfab folder fixed the problem, and then narrowed it down to the paths with mixed styles in the StreamFab.ini file. These lines in grmbox's log file are the same as what I was seeing:
        Code:
        2024:06:18-14:44:30 0x00000744 [Info]: [DownloadControlAmazon]" extract subtitle path : "E:/Amazon Rips/Amazon/The Holdovers_1.en-us.dialog.srt
        2024:06:18-14:44:30 0x00000744 [Info]: [DownloadControlAmazon]" strSubtitlePath not exist : "E:\\Amazon Rips/outputTemp/Amazon/2024_06_18_14_44_23_B0CJRGWVC6/Period_00/Sub_00/st_00.srt​
        The program must use the key values in the StreamFab.ini file during the remux stage and when creating the SRT version, and it doesn't process the mixed style pathnames correctly.

Comment

No problems with subtitles with Amazon Germany so far.

Both externally as an SRT file and directly in the video.​

Comment

I also never had issues with external srt or remixing srt into files. I never used the option original format for subs
            Using Amazon, Peacock, or Netflix.

I think I did pick up users showing logs similar to what is here. With unusual paths and, as stated in Windows, a path that has \\ or even // won't work. It needs to be a single / or \.
            I find the preferred Windows paths for windows are using \
            Now, as to why the program does what it does with possibly changing the paths or maybe even the possibility of adding an extra / seems unknown.
            And it's weird that I have never seen it happen to myself.

I know a few users who did a full uninstallation including the option to remove settings and then install again, and many times fixed it.
            Removing settings yes then needs you to set any settings that users change from default.
            If the user then uses different locations than SF default for files, it's most likely best to browse to the user-modified path and then type in a path.
            I only change the path where files are saved, not where log or temp files go, but I know many do.
            But try the same browse to the changed location in SF settings if that causes issues then maybe try typing or even better copy and paste the path in, in hops SF don't add any extra \
            Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

UNIX uses the forward slash "/" as the folder separator in paths. Linux and OSX inherited that. DOS uses the backslash '\' as the folder separator, and uses the forward slash to mark command line parameters. Windows, to maintain backward compatibility with DOS, supports both the backslash and forward slash as a folder separator in paths. The reason for the double backslashes is that the C and Python programming languages use the backslash as an escape character for embedding reserved characters in strings. DOS batch files use the caret "^" as the escape character. The character following the escape character is treated as a simple character. As for why the double backslashes in the path string became a problem in 6.1.8.1, we would have to look at the StreamFab source code.

The forum software will not show a backslash between double quotes, which is why I put it between single quotes.

Comment

Super, thanks JeffDavies...
                I did replace all my paths in streamfab.ini from double backslash into "/" instead...
                (seems you cannot write double backslah in this forum, it is replaced with one backslash)

Now the Subtitle is downloaded from Amazon and is converted into .srt, with the "Extract to srt File" option set.
                Waiting a long time for this to get this solved (even if it is with your workaround, instead SF fixes it itself)

Comment

Working...
                X