Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roku Status?

I'm thinking of purchasing a StreamFab for Windows subscription for Roku. Is it working? How many downloads are allowed per day? What resolutions are supported? Are there any restrictions on what can be downloaded (other than the obvious "no premiums")?

In short, anything special I should know beforehand? Thanks!

> How many downloads are allowed per day?

Like mostly: 100

> What resolutions are supported?

SD, HD, FHD

> Is it working?

I tested (via US, NY) an episode and a movie - fresh (re-)published:

Continuum.s03e01 + Storm Warning (click pic to enlarge)

Click image for larger version  Name:	sf_roku_selection.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.2 KB ID:	446784

Click image for larger version  Name:	sf_roku_result.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.5 KB ID:	446785

Don't know what it looks like with not free with ads​

Comment

@Germania​ Thanks for testing this for me!

By the way, there is no commercial-free version of the Roku channel. It's a 100% free channel, but with commercials. Did you--or anyone else who has a StreamFab Roku subscription--notice if it successfully strips out the commercials? (Roku is a little strange in this regard. Not every TV episode, for example, is accompanied by commercials. I'm especially interested in their old TV shows from the 50's and 60s.)

Comment

I never seen ads in downloaded Roku Videos ..
        .. if at all, then in online Player

Where will my ads run?
        your ads will air only the best streaming content ..
        Your video ads will deliver in mid/pre-roll ad slots
        Roku plans to start showing video ads on your homescreen
        the company is also testing out “other types of video ad units”

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
          I never seen ads in downloaded Roku Videos ..
          .. if at all, then in online Player

Where will my ads run?

Roku plans to start showing video ads on your homescreen
          Your first comment probably means they're being stripped out. By the way, do you have a Roku StreamFab subscription, or did you just try the three free downloads?

In the free content (i've only watched the TV shows), they can be anywhere in an episode or there are sometimes none. They seem to be placed randomly. If you haven't watched any of their downloaded content, it might be possible to slowly forward through an episode to see if there are ads. Way too much work to do the same with a movie.

Comment

Just to clarify - this is JUST the Roku Channel - not other services you may watch on a Roku.
            Ads are removed just like they are on Peacock and other services that have ads

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post
              do you have a Roku StreamFab subscription, or did you just try the three free downloads?
              All-In-One Lifetime + New Products Guarantee

If the time in SF Selection Dialog the same with
              in Downloaded then there are no Ads included​

Comment

Originally posted by walker189 View Post
                Just to clarify - this is JUST the Roku Channel - not other services you may watch on a Roku.
                Ads are removed just like they are on Peacock and other services that have ads
                Thank you! That's exactly what I meant.

Comment

I just sprung for a lifetime license for Roku. Is everything segmented? While it's tolerable for 22-minute TV episodes (averaging 3-5 minutes per episode), the first old 1 1/2 hour movie I downloaded was split into 5,000 segments and took 35 minutes to download.

I remember when some of the major streaming service downloads were segmented, but eventually that stopped. Is that something StreamFab can fix, or does it have to do with the way the videos are stored on the Roku server(s)?
                  Last edited by zapt; 07-27-2024, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I cannot verify this without a source/title ...
                    ... but I do not assume that SF is changing the provider's fragments.

The above mentioned movie "Storm Warning" with 86min has 863 segments

But i'm afraid the "Number of fragments of a dash/hlsnative video that should be download concurrently" is 1​

Comment

I'll try some other movies tomorrow. Maybe this is a particular issue with very old movies and TV shows (mostly I'm hoping to download some 1970s drive-in type movies and old TV series), or perhaps I was just unlucky.

The 22-minute Corner Gas TV episodes are typically around 450 segments--more than half the number of your 86-imute movie. The issue, of course, is that the more segments, the longer it takes StreamFab to process.
                      Last edited by zapt; 07-27-2024, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post
                        @Germania​ Thanks for testing this for me!

By the way, there is no commercial-free version of the Roku channel. It's a 100% free channel, but with commercials. Did you--or anyone else who has a StreamFab Roku subscription--notice if it successfully strips out the commercials? (Roku is a little strange in this regard. Not every TV episode, for example, is accompanied by commercials. I'm especially interested in their old TV shows from the 50's and 60s.)
                        I just downloaded The Dead Zone series from Roku yesterday. No commercials. I've never gotten commercials from any of the sites that SF has in their VIP Services listing. Some websites that I manually type in and it uses DRM will give me commercials- like once or twice- but most did not. Roku is on the VIP List, so you will not.

Comment

Thanks to all... confirmed that there are no commercials.

Downloading is slow death, though. Every 22-minute TV episode is taking 3-8 minutes apiece and speed for most downloads is reduced to between 150IK to 4Mbps. I've only downloaded a single 1.5 hour movie and that took 35 minutes. On the plus side, the solution does work.

Comment

Working...
                          X