Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITVX - Having to play video first before download will start.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITVX ITVX - Having to play video first before download will start.

For the last few days I have had to play each video before StreamFab can download it. I select a show, queue it to download and streamfab attempts to start the download. Streamfab shows the page for the show and the episode attempting to download but until it cannot download until I click the play button on that page. Once the video has downloaded it will go to the next episode queues and again wait until I click a button to play the video. Very frustrating if you have a queue of shows.

I have done a complete clean install of windows and tried 6.1.8.8 which I know worked and the problem exists so I assume something has changed on the ITVX side.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Attached Files

I can confirm that “Waiting to Download” until the player is used ...
    ... the token only appears when the ad starts.

Or do you have Premium?
    I don't, so I can only test for free with advertising​

Comment

I do not have premium. I pretty much download crap. All the decent stuff you can easily get elsewhere

Thanks for confirming its not just me, Germania.

Comment

The same thing happens to me. I download 5 daily shows and must hit "play" on every episode. Please look into it.

Comment

Not fixed in 6.1.9.2

Comment

> Not fixed in 6.1.9.2

I'm afraid there is no way to fix it in SF

Originally posted by Germania View Post
            the token only appears when the ad starts
            The hmac (Hash-based Message Authentication Code) only comes
            when the video is started (after "Parental Control" check)​

Comment

I have premium and it doesn't work. Still stuck on waiting to download. This has been broken for weeks now. Not practical when you are trying to download a series with many episodes.

Comment

Absolutely nothing from the devs. The plugin has been broken for over a month and they do nothing. Fix the plugin! It doesn't work. The software is expensive and needs updating. Taking peoples money and not offering fix's is an absolute scam.

Comment

Absolutely nothing from the devs.
                  How many times does Germania have to explain this to you? It is the way that the ITVX website makers have set up their site. The StreamFab developer can only start downloading after the hmac comes, and that is after the video has started.

The plugin has been broken for over a month and they do nothing. Fix the plugin! It doesn't work.
                  StreamFab doesn't use plugins. If you mean the ITVX module, that is the way it is, based on the unusual method that ITVX has chosen to use. The SF devs have no choice but to wait for the hmac to appear before the download begins. You'll just have to get used to it. Life is a bitch.

The software is expensive and needs updating. Taking peoples money and not offering fix's is an absolute scam.
                  You just joined the forum in July and this is your second post, both of which are complaints about the ITVX module. Assuming that you aren't foolish enough to use a cracked version of SF, you probably, recently, had 3 trial downloads before you bought the program and are within the 30-day return window. If you are not happy, quickly ask for a refund and go purchase a screen recorder program (although you'd then be in the same boat but worse since you'd have to not only wait for the video to start, you'd have to wait for it to finish) or let the Scene do the work for you. Let me fill you in on a little truism, in the course of using StreamFab, over time, you will feel like you are being ripped off by a scam hundreds of times. It is not always the devs fault. It is a product of the cat and mouse game. Streamers don't want you to download their shows. It violates their contracts with the show's producers. And, surprise, it is illegal to do by international law in most countries of the world. In the case of ITVX, I'm not so sure whether they are doing so to make life hard for the downloader. They have just chosen to give the authentication code AFTER the video has started rather than the more common, before. Deal with it whatever way you'd like best but stop whining here about something that you've been told can't be changed by the SF developers and is a product of ITVX's procedural methods.

Comment

Fixed in 6.1.9.3. Great it could be fixed after all.

Comment

Just started having problems trying to download from ITV. I had some shows already in the que with version 6.1.9.3 and have no problems downloading them, but now every time I try to add shows the analyze window comes up briefly and then vanishes. I have tried going back to 2 previous versions of Streamfab, with no success. I am wondering if something changed at ITV? Version 6.1.9.4 has the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SFBaysailor View Post
                        every time I try to add shows the analyze window comes up briefly and then vanishes.
                        I can currently confirm this with SF 6193/6194

Code:
                        [Info]: parse exception : _not_found_MPD
                        [Info]: ParseMPD, cast 1 ms
                        [Critical]: get mpd failed.

Comment

I don't know why .. but SF Get request (sample):
                          Code:
                          https://itvpnpdotcom.blue.content.itv.com/https://itvpnpdotcom.blue.content.itv.com/10-3480-0011-001/34/1/VAR028-HD-s/10-3480-0011-001_34_1_VAR028-HD-s.ism/.mpd? ..
                          results in 403 Access Denied

If I remove the first (doubled) "https://itvpnpdotcom.blue.content.itv.com/" i get the mpd with same hmac​

Comment

I am having the same issue with ITVX with the latest build also the analyze window comes up briefly and then vanishes

Comment

Same here. Scheduled tasks no longer work, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X