This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
    .... I noticed that you can subscribe to HBO through amazon, but not sure what titles are available. Amazon did tell me that if you get a subscription to HBO through any route, they will allow access to their HBO channels provided you have proof and valid login information through whatever outside provider you use. Again, this is what they told me, but I haven't actually tried it to verify myself yet. I'll eventually end up testing it myself so I know for fact. I've had reps tell me before that something will be compatible such as this and it wasn't. When I do get the opportunity to test it out, I'll be happy to follow up with a response.
    Would be great if we could link our subscriptions that weren't through Amazon with Amazon Prime Channels interface but I have not found that to be possible.

When it comes to HBO content on Prime Channels, my understanding, based on the FAQ/Help articles on Amazon and HBOMax web sites is....

IF you subscribe to HBO via Amazon Prime Video Channels, only HBO Live and On-Demand Content is available via the Prime Video app. To watch HBOMax content (HBO Max original shows and movies, box-office releases, etc), you must watch via the HBOMax app or web site.

So I'll be curious to know if the Amazon rep you spoke to was mistaken, didn't understand the differences with HBO vs HBOMax content, or if the policy changed and it hasn't been posted yet.

Comment

Those Amazon agents have been wrong on numerous occasions with other issues I've contacted them about so it wouldn't surprise me. I'll dig more and let you know what I find out.

Comment

When you download at high speed does it change or lower the picture at all or is it 100% identical just faster?

great thread btw!

Comment

Originally posted by j_morrissette View Post
          When you download at high speed does it change or lower the picture at all or is it 100% identical just faster?

great thread btw!
          I can't say its 100% identical as I've never done side by side on screen Picture Quality comparisons (like I've seen some sites comparing photos taken by cameras do). BUT the bit rates and file states are the same, and to my eyes, playing back on my Sony 65" XBR65X900F TV they look the same.
          Last edited by KidJoe; 02-28-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Those Amazon agents have been wrong on numerous occasions with other issues I've contacted them about so it wouldn't surprise me. I'll dig more and let you know what I find out.
            yes, I've seen under different version of the AMAZON DRM Downloader, where the files get the wrong meta data embedded in them. For as many times as they've resolved it, it still comes back every so often. So yes, I keep an eye on that when batch downloading from Amazon. Even in versions with that bug, it seems to never impact individual downloads.

Comment

UPDATE due to DRM Downloader version 3.0.2.2 with new HBOMax support...

so far I've only downloaded OLDER movies. I have not downloaded TV shows. I have not downloaded anything that might have 2 channel audio yet.

the older movies I've downloaded have all been...
              • High Speed = Download without playback, up to 25MB/s download speeds reached on my 1gb cable modem... So movies download as fast as 15-30 minutes depending on network traffic. Similar to iTunes movie downloads.
              • Batch = Yes
              • Audio = 6 channel 384kb/s, 48kHz, AC3 Dolby Digital
              • Video = 1080p
              • Video Bitrate = Some constant bit rate, some variable bit rate. Ranges from 7000kb/s up to 12.5Mb/s, it depends on the Movie

I have not tried Apple TV Plus, but based on release notes, its 1080p with Stereo audio

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                yes, I've seen under different version of the AMAZON DRM Downloader, where the files get the wrong meta data embedded in them. For as many times as they've resolved it, it still comes back every so often. So yes, I keep an eye on that when batch downloading from Amazon. Even in versions with that bug, it seems to never impact individual downloads.
                Hey KidJoe... So I found out, and its working from my personal experience, that you can use HBO with Amazon and max. Initially sign up for the HBO channel through Amazon Prime. Then go to HBO max website and sign in with tv provider. Select Amazon Prime video as the tv provider and voila! It works and the entire hbomax is unlocked. Hope this works for you.
                Last edited by corey75; 03-27-2021, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Hey KidJoe... So I found out, and its working from my personal experience, that you can use HBO with Amazon and max. Initially sign up for the HBO channel through Amazon Prime. Then go to HBO max website and sign in with tv provider. Select Amazon Prime video as the tv provider and voila! It works and the entire hbomax is unlocked. Hope this works for you.

Thanks, but I know if you sign up via Amazon Channels, you can use he HBOMax app, or download the "non-Max" HBO content via Amazon. I posted that back in Post #16 of this thread.

Same with Starz, Paramount+, and others.

Comment

There seems to be alot of changes in the last month or so especially with the downloads. Is prime and netflix still the only ones that have surround sound? Now hbo max and paramount plus seem to download similar to amazon so wasnt sure of there was a change.

Oh and....is there a way to tell which files have surround sound and hose that don’t, besides listening to it. I mixed my files by accient (i was separating them i to different folders) and some got mixed.

Comment

Originally posted by j_morrissette View Post
                      There seems to be alot of changes in the last month or so especially with the downloads. Is prime and netflix still the only ones that have surround sound? Now hbo max and paramount plus seem to download similar to amazon so wasnt sure of there was a change.

Oh and....is there a way to tell which files have surround sound and hose that don’t, besides listening to it. I mixed my files by accient (i was separating them i to different folders) and some got mixed.
                      There have been changes since my OP and the follow up of new HBOMax support (see Post 21)... EDIT: See the next post.... /Edit

Netflix, Disney+, HBOMax, Amazon, Paramount+ and Hulu DO download up to 6 channel audio (i.e. 5.1) either AC-3, E-AC-3 or AAC, BUT there are movies on each of these services that only have 2 channel audio in them. So don't expect every movie to have 6 Channel (i.e. 5.1) sound. EDIT: See the next post for which I see 6 channel sound /Edit

I use MediaInfo to look at my files...
                      Last edited by KidJoe; 04-05-2021, 04:55 AM.

Comment

This represents an update from the first post of this thread using v3.1.0.5 (current version as I type this). In the case where an update to DRM Downloader has significantly changed its capabilities, I left the original details, and added a section for the updated ones, and noted which version is required.

Media specs of the downloaded files are gathered by using

Even with the changes, downloading from Amazon still gives me the best results for speed and A/V specs. Netflix and HBOMax are very close second place.

All downloads from Amazon, Netflix and HBOMax so far have looked and sounded the same as if I was streaming these movies in 1080p, from their original service, via my Fire TV 4k Stick or Roku Ultra.

We still have limits of video resolution (720p) or audio specs (2 channel) depending on the services. It will be interesting to watch and see if DVDFab can come up with a workaround for those services or not.

Having subscribed to Paramount+ (formerly CBS All Access) via Amazon Channels, I can say that downloading Paramount+ content via Amazon gives me better quality than downloading the same from Paramount+ directly (although I often have to SEARCH for Paramount+ content in Amazon, compared to using the Paramount+ module directly). Downloading the Paramount+ content via Amazon Channels DOES give me 6 Channel (aka 5.1) E-AC3 audio and higher video bitrates.

I have subscribed to Starz via Amazon Prime Channels, and download its movies via the DRM Downloader's Amazon Prime module just fine. Again, higher bit rates and E-AC3 audio. Starz movies do get a "Starz" pre-roll, and the occasional Starz logo pop up in the lower right corner of the video. The same happens when streaming/watching them via my Fire TV stick. Subscribing to other services via Amazon Prime Channels will allow you to download their content via the Amazon DRM Downloader Module. For example Showtime, etc.

After doing a random sampling of Movies and TV shows I've downloaded from these services, here are the HIGH LEVEL BASIC stats for each...

Netflix
                        • Highspeed = 2x playback
                        • Batch = Yes
                        • Audio = 192kb/s, 48kHz, AAC LC - 6 Channel or 2 Channel depends on Movie/Show
                        • Video = 1080p
                        • Video Bitrate = Some constant bit rate, some variable bit rate. Ranges of 4000kb/s up to 9000kb/s, it depends on the Movie/Show

NOTE: Forum support staff has posted they are working on a new method for Netflix downloader. Note ETA has been given. See ->

Disney+ (v3.0.2.2 and lower)
                        • Batch = Yes
                        • Audio = 125kb/s, 48kHz, AAC LC - 2 Channel for Movies and TV
                        • Video = 1080p
                        • Video Bitrate = Variable Bit Rate around 5500 kb/s. Appears to be consistent across all downloads.

Disney+ starting with v3.1.0.0
                        • High Speed = Download without playback, up to 25MB/s download speeds reached on my 1gb cable modem... So movies download as fast as 20-30 minutes depending on network traffic. Similar to iTunes movie downloads.
                        • Batch = Yes
                        • Audio = (depends on Movie/TV show) 6 channel 256kb/s, 48kHz, E-AC-3 Dolby Digital Plus, OR 2 channel 125kb/s, 48kHz, AAC LC
                        • Video = 720p
                        • Video Bitrate = Variable bit rate (at least I haven't seen Constant Bit Rate). Ranges from 4000kb/s up to 8000kb/s, it depends on the Movie/Show

Forum Support staff is aware of the 720p limit.

HBOmax (v3.0.2.2 and lower)
                        NOTE: DVDFab team says they know about the issues and are working on a "new way to download from HBO", but no ETA yet
                        • Batch = Yes
                        • Video = 1080p
                        • Video Bitrate = Variable Bit Rate around 5500 kb/s. Appears to be consistent across all downloads.

HBO Max starting with v3.1.0.0
                        • High Speed = Download without playback, up to 40MB/s download speeds reached on my 1gb cable modem... So movies download as fast as 15-30 minutes depending on network traffic. Similar to iTunes movie downloads.
                        • Batch = Yes
                        • Audio = (depends on Movie/TV show) 6 channel 384kb/s, 48kHz, AC-3 Dolby Digital, OR 2 channel 384kb/s, 48kHz, AC-3 Dolby Digital
                        • Video = 1080p
                        • Video Bitrate = Variable bit rate. Ranges from 7000kb/s up to 12.5Mb/s, it depends on the Movie/Show - Appears to be consistent across all downloads.

Amazon
                        • High Speed = Download without playback, up to 32MB/s download speeds reached on my 1gb cable modem... So movies download as fast as 15-30 minutes depending on network traffic. Similar to iTunes movie downloads.
                        • Batch = Yes
                        • Audio = (depends on Movie/TV show) 6 channel 640kb/s, 48kHz, EAC3 Dolby Digital Plus, OR 2 channel 224kb/s, 48kHz, EAC3 Dolby Digital Plus
                        • Video = 1080p
                        • Video Bitrate = Some constant bit rate, some variable bit rate. Ranges from 4000kb/s up to 13Mb/s, it depends on the Movie/Show

CBS All Access (v3.1.0.1 and lower)
                        • Batch = Yes
                        • Video = 1080p
                        • Video Bitrate = Variable Bit Rate around 5500 kb/s - Appears to be consistent across all downloads.

Paramount+ -- Formerly CBS All Access -- (starting with v3.1.0.3 and newer)
                        NOTE: I've only tested 1 movie, as I usually just download Paramount+ via Amazon Prime Channels
                        • High Speed = Download without playback, Download speeds varied between 2MB/s and up to 27MB/s on my 1gb cable modem...
                        • Batch = Yes
                        • Audio = (likely depends on Movie/TV show) 6 channel 384kb/s, 48kHz, AC-3 Dolby Digital, (Note: I expect to also see 2 channel 224kb/s, 48kHz, AAC)
                        • Video = 1080p
                        • Video Bitrate = Constant bit rate 4500kb/s. Its possible if I download more than 1 movie, I'll see other values

HULU
                        NOTE: I've only tested 2 movies and 1 TV show as I've just started looking at Hulu.
                        • High Speed = Download without playback, Download speeds varied between 2MB/s and up to 27MB/s on my 1gb cable modem...
                        • Batch = Yes
                        • Audio = (depends on Movie/TV show) 6 channel 256kb/s, 48kHz, E-AC-3 Dolby Digital Plus. or 2 channel 64kb/s, 48kHz, AAC (yes 64kb/s!!! which is not very good)
                        • Video = 720p
                        • Video Bitrate = Constant bit rate. Ranges from 2000kb/s up to 3500kb/s, it depends on the Movie/Show

Apple TV+
                        Note: I have not tested yet.

HBO Now
                        NOTE: I do not subscribe to this service.

U-Next
                        NOTE: I don't subscribe to this service, and I'm not sure its available in my country.

Comment

Just a follow up... Got a chance to test a download with Apple TV+ with DRM Downloader 3.1.0.5.

Apple TV+ (v3.0.2.1 and lower)
                          NOTE: I only tested with 1 movie... Grayhound
                          • Highspeed = NO! 1x Playback speed
                          • Batch = Yes
                          • Audio = 124kb/s, 44.1kHz, AAC LC - 2 Channel
                          • Video = 1080p
                          • Video Bitrate = Variable Bit Rate around 5500 kb/s.
                          NOTE: while downloading DRM Downloader did report "Resolution: 1080p, Audio: EAC3" so I'm guessing DRM Downloader's remuxing process is why I ended up with AAC audio codec in the MP4 file?

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                            This represents an update from the first post of this thread using v3.1.0.5 (current version as I type this). In the case where an update to DRM Downloader has significantly changed its capabilities, I left the original details, and added a section for the updated ones, and noted which version is required.

Media specs of the downloaded files are gathered by using

Even with the changes, downloading from Amazon still gives me the best results for speed and A/V specs. Netflix and HBOMax are very close second place.

All downloads from Amazon, Netflix and HBOMax so far have looked and sounded the same as if I was streaming these movies in 1080p, from their original service, via my Fire TV 4k Stick or Roku Ultra.

We still have limits of video resolution (720p) or audio specs (2 channel) depending on the services. It will be interesting to watch and see if DVDFab can come up with a workaround for those services or not.

Having subscribed to Paramount+ (formerly CBS All Access) via Amazon Channels, I can say that downloading Paramount+ content via Amazon gives me better quality than downloading the same from Paramount+ directly (although I often have to SEARCH for Paramount+ content in Amazon, compared to using the Paramount+ module directly). Downloading the Paramount+ content via Amazon Channels DOES give me 6 Channel (aka 5.1) E-AC3 audio and higher video bitrates.

I have subscribed to Starz via Amazon Prime Channels, and download its movies via the DRM Downloader's Amazon Prime module just fine. Again, higher bit rates and E-AC3 audio. Starz movies do get a "Starz" pre-roll, and the occasional Starz logo pop up in the lower right corner of the video. The same happens when streaming/watching them via my Fire TV stick. Subscribing to other services via Amazon Prime Channels will allow you to download their content via the Amazon DRM Downloader Module. For example Showtime, etc.

After doing a random sampling of Movies and TV shows I've downloaded from these services, here are the HIGH LEVEL BASIC stats for each...

Netflix
                            • Batch = Yes
                            • Audio = 192kb/s, 48kHz, AAC LC - 6 Channel or 2 Channel depends on Movie/Show
                            • Video = 1080p
                            • Video Bitrate = Some constant bit rate, some variable bit rate. Ranges of 4000kb/s up to 9000kb/s, it depends on the Movie/Show

NOTE: Forum support staff has posted they are working on a new method for Netflix downloader. Note ETA has been given. See ->

Disney+ (v3.0.2.2 and lower)
                            • Batch = Yes
                            • Video = 1080p

Disney+ starting with v3.1.0.0
                            • High Speed = Download without playback, up to 25MB/s download speeds reached on my 1gb cable modem... So movies download as fast as 20-30 minutes depending on network traffic. Similar to iTunes movie downloads.
                            • Batch = Yes
                            • Audio = (depends on Movie/TV show) 6 channel 256kb/s, 48kHz, E-AC-3 Dolby Digital Plus, OR 2 channel 125kb/s, 48kHz, AAC LC
                            • Video = 720p
                            • Video Bitrate = Variable bit rate (at least I haven't seen Constant Bit Rate). Ranges from 4000kb/s up to 8000kb/s, it depends on the Movie/Show

Forum Support staff is aware of the 720p limit.

HBOmax (v3.0.2.2 and lower)
                            NOTE: DVDFab team says they know about the issues and are working on a "new way to download from HBO", but no ETA yet
                            • Batch = Yes
                            • Video = 1080p

HBO Max starting with v3.1.0.0
                            • High Speed = Download without playback, up to 40MB/s download speeds reached on my 1gb cable modem... So movies download as fast as 15-30 minutes depending on network traffic. Similar to iTunes movie downloads.
                            • Batch = Yes
                            • Audio = (depends on Movie/TV show) 6 channel 384kb/s, 48kHz, AC-3 Dolby Digital, OR 2 channel 384kb/s, 48kHz, AC-3 Dolby Digital
                            • Video = 1080p
                            • Video Bitrate = Variable bit rate. Ranges from 7000kb/s up to 12.5Mb/s, it depends on the Movie/Show - Appears to be consistent across all downloads.

Amazon
                            • High Speed = Download without playback, up to 32MB/s download speeds reached on my 1gb cable modem... So movies download as fast as 15-30 minutes depending on network traffic. Similar to iTunes movie downloads.
                            • Batch = Yes
                            • Audio = (depends on Movie/TV show) 6 channel 640kb/s, 48kHz, EAC3 Dolby Digital Plus, OR 2 channel 224kb/s, 48kHz, EAC3 Dolby Digital Plus
                            • Video = 1080p
                            • Video Bitrate = Some constant bit rate, some variable bit rate. Ranges from 4000kb/s up to 13Mb/s, it depends on the Movie/Show

CBS All Access (v3.1.0.1 and lower)
                            • Batch = Yes
                            • Video = 1080p
                            • Video Bitrate = Variable Bit Rate around 5500 kb/s - Appears to be consistent across all downloads.

Paramount+ -- Formerly CBS All Access -- (starting with v3.1.0.3 and newer)
                            NOTE: I've only tested 1 movie, as I usually just download Paramount+ via Amazon Prime Channels
                            • Batch = Yes
                            • Audio = (likely depends on Movie/TV show) 6 channel 384kb/s, 48kHz, AC-3 Dolby Digital, (Note: I expect to also see 2 channel 224kb/s, 48kHz, AAC)
                            • Video = 1080p
                            • Video Bitrate = Constant bit rate 4500kb/s. Its possible if I download more than 1 movie, I'll see other values

HULU
                            NOTE: I've only tested 2 movies and 1 TV show as I've just started looking at Hulu.
                            • Batch = Yes
                            • Audio = (depends on Movie/TV show) 6 channel 256kb/s, 48kHz, E-AC-3 Dolby Digital Plus. or 2 channel 64kb/s, 48kHz, AAC (yes 64kb/s!!! which is not very good)
                            • Video = 720p
                            • Video Bitrate = Constant bit rate. Ranges from 2000kb/s up to 3500kb/s, it depends on the Movie/Show

Apple TV+
                            Note: I have not tested yet.

HBO Now
                            NOTE: I do not subscribe to this service.

U-Next
                            NOTE: I don't subscribe to this service, and I'm not sure its available in my country.
                            Hi KidJoe,

Good testing and feedback!

Stick the topic.

Wilson
                            Please post your logs the default location is:
                            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Netflix appears to have been updated to support 640kbps, 48kHz, 5.1 channel, enhanced AC-3 codec.

not sure which version this change occurred with, but thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X