Amazon Download Limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoyo57 View Post
    Wow 71 queued and having hassles achieving 50 a day. But only 24 hours in a day, might have start watching them live, one at a time.
    What's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
      All except for 6 of my disney downloads fail and now I've reached my daily 50 limit. I have had 71 videos queued up for over 3 days. 45 of them fail. 6 of them download. 20 of them sit unprocessed and I now have a popup saying I've reached my daily limit. What's up with that? I shouldn't have to take a hit against my account with these daily limits when there's a failed attempt at your software failing. I understand errors happen occasionally with DRM, but c'mon, I didn't pay over a hundred dollars to be punished with a daily cap that, with all do respect, don't effectively work. I originally signed up for unlimited downloading when your product was first released. I paid for a service and you broke the original agreement for what the software was originally intended to do.

Please fix this. It's bad enough having to adjust to the new unelected download restrictions. Although I do appreciate the software, along with the development and alleged long hours behind the scenes, having to weigh through the broken system is tiresome. You took my money with a quickness, now how about we come to a resolution with one as well.

Thank you.
      Hi,

Please post the log file or PM your StreamFab account to me, the download failed video will not be included the 50 limited.

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Hi,

Please post the log file or PM your StreamFab account to me, the download failed video will not be included the 50 limited.

Wilson
        This is all I could send. If I send the log folder it says it's too big. Hopefully this works. Just so you know, I tried it again. Failed on a bunch in the queue, downloaded 1 correctly, then said I reached my maximum 50 daily limit again.
        Attached Files

Comment

The big problem for me about this limitations is:
          • When a download fails, it still counts as a download. (it happens very often)
          • I've purchased multiple computers, each one should be able to download 50.
          • Netflix and others streaming websites remove contents every week/day. Some shows will be removed this week and I want to download them before its too late, I'll not be able to do that with such short limits... Some shows have so many eps that I'll take weeks to download.

Comment

As posted by Wilson above, failed downloads should not count towards the limit.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Damn People.. dont you have anything better to do that DL TV and Movies. It a little of an annoyance , but hell. most seasons are about 25 epsoides so 2 seasons a day..

Comment

Originally posted by yiteurp View Post
                Damn People.. dont you have anything better to do that DL TV and Movies. It a little of an annoyance , but hell. most seasons are about 25 epsoides so 2 seasons a day..
                This a downloader. It's entire purpose is for downloading. And it doesn't take any real active involvement: once you queue up the videos, which might take a few minutes, you can literally do hundreds of other things while it downloads. Don't you have anything better to do than criticizing people who are using the software?

Comment

Today I watched more then 100 Eps of a show (5min each episode) so... yeah... 50 Eps its nothing... And I normally watch 30Eps of series per day on weekends, so yeah I need more to watch and 50 is nothing for me. If the limit was 200, I would not say anything... but only 50? Come on! On a weekend I can only download 100, thats not enough for the week. And I do a lot of trips, I need to download a lot before to have something to watch. Plus... I prefer to download 500 eps one time where I lose 10min 1 day, then ALL freaking days trying to download 50 eps for almost 15 days in a row... Its too much work for a product that was not cheap, the purpose for this is to be able to download batch of files without hassle, and we've lose that. It was not in the initial agreement... and that's the thruth. I understand the reasons of fair use, but 50 its a super low limit...

Comment

Disney+ says "Download as much as you want."
                    The only limitation on downloads is within this program itself. If Disney doesn't care, why are YOU limiting me?
                    Bob's Burgers and Futurama and The Simpsons would take months to download. Please, if they don't care, why should you???

Comment

What Disney means is your can download all you want to use on a licensed player with an internet connection. Cleaned (unencrypted) copies are not unlimited, ask them.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post

What's your point?
                        You were acting like a dick

Comment

You mean I was explaining the problem as a paying customer?

Comment

If anyone was acting that way, it was you.

He only had 6 download in three days. That's a legitimate complaint anyone would have.

Comment

Originally posted by TarantinoMariachi View Post
                              Today I watched more then 100 Eps of a show (5min each episode) so... yeah... 50 Eps its nothing...
                              That is one thing. Episodes/movies can be different lengths yet they each count a 1.

Take downloading from Disney+ for example: School House Rock the episodes are about 3 minutes long each. Duck Tales are about 22 minutes long each, The Mandalorian are about an hour each. And movies which can be over 2 hours. But each count as 1 for the day, no matter the length.

I finally experienced the download limit. I had a hard drive crash recently so I went to redownload some of the shows. Yeah it was a pain. To get all 6 seasons of School House Rock's 51 (3 minute) episodes took two days, even though the "screen time" was not much more than some single feature movies. But at least my queue was retained, and all I had to do was just relaunch StreamFab the next day and restart the download. And when one service (Disney+) hit the limit, I could switch to downloading from another (HBOMax). So it wasn't too bad.

Tht being said, If these artificial limits helps in keeping the usage of StreamFab (and similar competing products) "under the radar" and therefore prevents the streaming services from making changes for the purpose of breaking StreamFab or it's competitors, or it prevents the streaming services from cancelling user's subscriptions because of the activity, I would say it's worth it and I can live with it.

Imagine how upset we'd be if our streaming service dropped us, or they took steps to block StreamFab and the like, and we could no longer use them.

Comment

Everyone one of you is going to get blocked by your providers. You cannot watch 50 episodes of anything in one day,
                                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                                X