• Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it ok to delete these files

The files in the following 2 folders:
    users-main-appdata-roaming-dvdfab-streamfab-localdata-picture-amazon
    and
    users-main-documents-dvdfab-streamfab-temp-metapicture
    take up quite a bit of room on my small C drive.
    Is it ok to delete those files? Thanks

Also, my C drive was filling up so streamfab could no longer download any more shows, so after some looking around i noticed some files in a streamfab folder that were from shows i downloaded, but the files were separated into video and audio files. I forget which folder they were in, but I deleted them because streamfab had those shows in a different folder with the video and audio correctly combined into one file, so i guess streamfab forgot to delete the separate video and audio files for those shows. I forget what name the folder was.

Also, when I download Amazon shows, the Users-Main-Documents-DVDFab-StreamFab-Temp-outputTemp-Amazon folder keeps filling up my C drive and i have to delete the files in it after downloading about 4 or 5 shows

Comment

In Settings you can place your logs, temp files, and output file on whatever drive you want. Please tell me you have at least one other drive besides the C drive.

Comment

Originally posted by IronicMan View Post
        Also, when I download Amazon shows, the Users-Main-Documents-DVDFab-StreamFab-Temp-outputTemp-Amazon folder keeps filling up my C drive and i have to delete the files in it after downloading about 4 or 5 shows
        I have started having this problem as well. I can't delete the files till I close the program as it says they are open in streamfab. The files end up in the folder where I have it set to download the shows / movies but it doesn't seem to clean up after itself anymore.

Comment

Thanks Cats4U. My laptop only has a C drive but on the computer where I have to keep deleting files every 4 or 5 shows, I have another drive I can move the folders to...so I will try that but I'd still like to know if I can delete all the files in users-main-appdata-roaming-dvdfab-streamfab-localdata-picture-amazon and users-main-documents-dvdfab-streamfab-temp-metapicture If you check those folders you will probably see they take up quite a bit of space. I think i can probably just delete them. Maybe I'll just delete them and if streamfab has a problem i can just restore them from the recycle bin and then see if i can move those folders.

Comment

I've also noticed a problem with StreamFab suddenly using a lot more file space than it ever used to, which I've wondered if it's down to it not automatically deleted temporary files when a download has finished.

As an example, I've just closed down StreamFab and re-opened it and it's freed up around 80GB of file space.

I'm using version 5.0.4.1

Comment

The files in the following 2 folders:
              and
              take up quite a bit of room on my small C drive.
              Is it ok to delete those files? Thanks

Also, my C drive was filling up so streamfab could no longer download any more shows, so after some looking around i noticed some files in a streamfab folder that were from shows i downloaded, but the files were separated into video and audio files. I forget which folder they were in, but I deleted them because streamfab had those shows in a different folder with the video and audio correctly combined into one file, so i guess streamfab forgot to delete the separate video and audio files for those shows. I forget what name the folder was.
              To answer your question it would be okay to delete those two files and any other files/folders if you Do Not need them anymore, they are trash bag files taking up space. This has be a known issue with Streamfab saving files and temp folders. It's not going to change but being aware of it helps if you are just using your C drive as a primary to download. As Cat4U indicated the idea set up for Streamfab would be to have an alternate drive to download other than the C drive. Especially if it's a small solid state drive with your operating system on it (small solid state drives do not like stuff being deleted on them on continuous basis, sooner or later it will crash), most of the new computers being sold just have a small C drive for the operating system and an alternate drive configuration, if you have another drive other than C it would be idea to move Streamfab over to it. It's been asked before to have Streamfab flush out all unwanted temp files but hasn't happened so far and doubt it ever will.

Comment

Even though you've mentioned that this has been a long term issue, I still think there's a particular issue with SteamFab cleaning up files after each download in version 5.0.4.1 as I've reverted back to 5.0.4.0 and it's working fine and not overusing disc space.

Comment

Thanks Cats4U. My laptop only has a C drive but on the computer where I have to keep deleting files every 4 or 5 shows, I have another drive I can move the folders to...so I will try that but I'd still like to know if I can delete all the files in users-main-appdata-roaming-dvdfab-streamfab-localdata-picture-amazon and users-main-documents-dvdfab-streamfab-temp-metapicture If you check those folders you will probably see they take up quite a bit of space. I think i can probably just delete them. Maybe I'll just delete them and if streamfab has a problem i can just restore them from the recycle bin and then see if i can move those folders.
                  and
                  are ok to delete.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky West View Post
                    Even though you've mentioned that this has been a long term issue, I still think there's a particular issue with SteamFab cleaning up files after each download in version 5.0.4.1 as I've reverted back to 5.0.4.0 and it's working fine and not overusing disc space.
                    Do you mean the temporary folder?
                    Normally files like this one should be automatically deleted upon the next download gets started.
                    07-04-2022, 08:44 AM

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Do you mean the temporary folder?
                      Normally files like this one should be automatically deleted upon the next download gets started.
                      Hello Mona,

I think you're right that it is the download folder that's not getting automatically deleted after each download in 5.0.4.1 but I reverted back to version 5.0.4.0 so I am guessing.

All I know is that I noticed after a period of dowloading that if you closed down SteamFab 5.0.4.1, opened it again and then started downloading, it freed up a lot of disc space.

Comment

Thanks for all the answers. I guess I won't use my laptop with streamfab anymore since it only has a C drive, or maybe I'll just use it a lot less on the laptop. On my other desktop computer i moved the folder at Users-Main-Documents-DVDFab-StreamFab-Temp-outputTemp to the D drive and although that folder doesn't empty after a show downloads, I no longer get a message saying that streamfab can't download a show due to lack of space in the C drive. Also, I found that although the folder doesn't empty after a show is downloaded, it gets emptied when streamfab closes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky West View Post

Hello Mona,

I think you're right that it is the download folder that's not getting automatically deleted after each download in 5.0.4.1 but I reverted back to version 5.0.4.0 so I am guessing.

All I know is that I noticed after a period of dowloading that if you closed down SteamFab 5.0.4.1, opened it again and then started downloading, it freed up a lot of disc space.
                          Yes, you are right, there is a problem with the latest version. The developer has noticed it, they will look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Yes, you are right, there is a problem with the latest version. The developer has noticed it, they will look into it.
                            Thanks Mona.

Comment

Working...
                            X