Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBOMax 1080? - Superman & Lois now available - 1080, 6channels Dolby Digital+, HEVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBOMax 1080? - Superman & Lois now available - 1080, 6channels Dolby Digital+, HEVC

Any update on HBOMax greater than 720p?

Superman & Lois Seasons 1&2 just became available on HBOMax with nice parameters.

Example: Superman & Lois SE2E15 HEVC 5791 Kb/s 1920x1080 E-AC3 256kb/s 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus

I downloaded Fools Gold yesturday and it was in 1080. It was in their just arrived section so I didn't think it would work at that resolution

edit: Superman and louis is coming down only at 720
    Last edited by AGuyWithAComputer; 07-29-2022, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
      I downloaded Fools Gold yesturday and it was in 1080. It was in their just arrived section so I didn't think it would work at that resolution

edit: Superman and louis is coming down only at 720
      Since it's a 2008 film, it might be understandable it's encrypted with the old DRM.

I wonder if some services that hosted movies/shows previously have them stored offline with old DRM or they're received that way and they just don't recode?

It also may be related to the original production date trigger of the incoming Movie/TV Show and whether or not it's re-encrypted.

In any event, lately I download movies from different sources using StreamFab & Alternate and keep the best offering (Audio, Bitrate, Resolution).

This also applies when services offer old movies in my collection (mostly Amazon Channels) that sometimes serve better versions.

I've been checking stored copies for (audio) 2 channel/resolution/Dolby and resolution and if they could be better I download the new offering of it and see if it's better.

With StreamFab touting a new future service of finding the best version, this will be an invaluable analysis aid.
      Last edited by Mike_M; 07-30-2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

typically, I will use the downloaded copy until I can get a hold of the Blu-ray version and rip it to my specs using dvdfab for movies. Series I'm ok with 720 if that's all that's offered on the only service, they are available at. And I don't really care to try and get the Blu-ray copy of series from Netflix anymore. For series it's such a pain.

Comment

Working...
        X