No announcement yet.

Paramount+ - not getting passed "Analyzing Metadata information"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And one of my concerns is that people like you don't waste the developer's time tracking down problems that don't exist. You don't want help, you won't get any.
    Last edited by Cats4U; 09-14-2022, 08:29 PM.

Comment

There is no reason to turn a stream such as this into a cat fight between forum members. Please avoid this in the future or be prepared for infractions. We're all here to get help as needed and help others as best we can. I am sure we can be polite, stay on topic and stay friends.
      Last edited by Rich86; 09-14-2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I noticed this Analyzing loop too last night using Paramount Plus happens with the video and audio of show playing and no option to download or select which episodes to download.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          i'd have to say that paramount plus must've updated their website or something
          because all the tv shows & movies that i've tried are not getting past the analyzing stage.
          i even rolled back to a few earlier versions and it's still the same.
          Getting the same as the same conditions as 'weavermovies' as far as it just seating there analyzing forever, the movie plays in the background without you being able to stop it. Have not tried any other movies. Wondering if this has to do with the Paramount+ and Showtime merge that changed from it being able to download in some cases and just not working the way it used too since it requires two different subscriptions, one with ads and the other without any ads. I hadn't tried any content with StreamFab since the merge going through Prime. Only have been using it to directly sign on with the Paramount+ module. I have the subscription with ads and usually you get the ads just before whatever you are trying to download and will get that analyzing stage before StreamFab grabs the real movie/content. (Thinking this works like DVDfab, grabbing 'Main Movie' only off a disk). This particular movie is acting differently where it is not showing any ads and goes right to the movie. It is also being offered on Amazon Prime for $1.99, rent. Usually, when it is being offered to rent you are not able to get it free through Amazon via any other streaming site, but it is doing the same thing being logged/signed in directly through Paramount+. I would have to say this is a function or tweak adjustment in StreamFab with Paramount+ now, I tried this movie The Fast & Furious (1954) with that other program and even though it goes right into the movie it downloaded right off the bat, looks like crap at 768p x 576p but it downloaded.

Comment

I have the same no matter what I d/l it does this. Thank you fab team. I know you are on this already.

Comment

Paramount+ was working flawlessly when I last downloaded several times from it on yesterday afternoon, Sept. 13th. I had download heavily from Paramount+ over the course of the previous week with zero problems. I was testing my move from Amazon's Paramount+ channel to Paramount+ direct with Showtime. I was first alerted to this new problem by Weavermovies when he joined this Sept. 6th original post by eiha and complained of not getting out of Analysis with the movie The Fast and the Furious (1954). I tested that movie and found it could not be downloaded. I asked Weavermovies for other examples but he refused my help and only wants to deal with the staff of Fengtao. I checked some videos that I downloaded just yesterday and they would not download again now with the visual being continuous Analysis while the show played in the background.

paramountplus.log

Comment

Does the same for me

Comment

Here is the log file for "There Will Be Blood"
                  It plays in the browser and on my streaming stick.
                  log.zip

Comment

Hi guys,

I also can't download anything from Paramount+ without the videos playing while it continues to analyze the video - I have the "with commercials" bundle.

I don't have time to troubleshoot it right now.

I did delete the temp files and log files, but have not tried the below steps yet, may do later.

I always do this when StreamFab has a new release:

1. Uninstall current version
                    2. Delete Temp & log files
                    3. Install new version from offline installer since installing from inside StreamFab has been so quirky.

After I finish catching up for today, and some other stuff, I might try some things.

I'm curious how many of you have the "commercial free" vs "with commercials"?

The reason I wonder is I could *never* download Paramount+ original content (Star Trek, Strange New Worlds, Picard) on StreamFab, Chrome, Edge, Firefox or the Paramount app and it turned out to be modifications to windows firewall/blocking/etc. made by Malwarebytes that due to how commercials on Paramount are done on it's "Original Content" would not let thru and gave an error 111.

So I went to Paramount+ as a channel and it worked great.

After making sure the alternate software *could* download from Paramount+/Showtime bundle, I signed up for it.

The alternate software worked fine for Paramount+ even when the above software didn't *and* it's working right now for me (on my 10th Showtime movie via Para+/Showtime bundle).

Streamfab uses the Qef.exe module and I think mimics the actions/issues a normal browser might encounter and thus maybe is encountering issues due to how Paramount may be doing it's commercials? - this is just a hunch.

I don't think it's a DRM issue (alternate software is still working) and may be due to how Paramount is serving their commercials & it not playing nice with StreamFab QEF.exe and/or StreamFab needs to look at some of your zipped files and see how it "handshakes" and if it's an easy work-a-round and what exactly is happening.

Mike
                    Last edited by Mike_M; 09-15-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Hi all, the Paramount analysis problem will be fixed in the coming version, please kindly wait, thank you for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                        Hi all, the Paramount analysis problem will be fixed in the coming version, please kindly wait, thank you for your support.
                        Thanks! Is it because of the Showtime/Paramount plus deal?

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

What no one has mentioned as of yet is.....instead of the normal sequence of the analyzing being completed and the popup window appearing showing the video and audio download options..... the video file begins to play with the analyzing window continuing to both display and analyze..... There are no screen controls present to pause the playing video.....

Let me clarify that..... before the video file beings to play..... the screen fills with what appears to be a blown up "thumbnail" of the movie that displays for a second or two..... this "thumbnail" disappears..... and then the video file begins to play as I stated above..... with the analyzing window continuing to both display and analyze....

I have a hunch that it is this "thumbnail" which is causing the process to hang..... The only question is..... did Paramount+ purposely insert it to defeat StreamFab's ability to download the movie file..... or is it an addition that just needs to be accounted for by the developers and issued in a version update.....

Yes the video does play, the Paramount+ "ad" does not play, just the normal ad. But I have seen that before so I had not really thought that mattered. Glad to see it is not isolated to me, I am confident the devs can fix it before the weekend, they usually are pretty timely.
                          I have noticed that sometimes they give a pop-up ad of some sort in front of the playing commercial, so you have to close it before the download begins or else it fails to actually download. That pop up is very rare though.

Hey Cats4U there is a large different in bit rate between P+ and P+ on Amz, but it sounds like you know that based on your background. Sometimes shows on P+ have very noticeable compression issues.
                          Last edited by MrGrackle; 09-16-2022, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Very excited to see an update available. Downloaded a 42:39 TV episode TWICE, although the number of segments looks correct for the content (around 850 segments), it downloads all of them and then saves it only 37:42. Is it a possible remux issue? It downloads all the segments but doesn't save them all in the file. I will attach a log and metadata archive to my open ticket.
                            I was able to get the episode with a different program so it certainly is not an issue with P+.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                              i'd have to say that paramount plus must've updated their website or something
                              because all the tv shows & movies that i've tried are not getting past the analyzing stage.
                              i even rolled back to a few earlier versions and it's still the same.
                              I've been having the same issues and posted my logs in the other thread that addresses the other issue of DL'd segments missing, which has bee going on for months now as I've had to redownload many times before getting a complete fully working DL.

Comment

Working...
                              X