Browser refreshing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser refreshing

Has anyone else had the issue of the browser keep resetting not allowing anything to download from any site? I've tried multiple versions. It just quit working out of nowhere. Please help.

You may delete the two folders and then run StreamFab to try again and see the result.
    %HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/Temp
    %HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/log

Comment

This seems to be very similar to what I experience; the home page of the services is not loading (YouTube, Disney, etc..). Well, after a long time, 30 to 60 minutes, it does load. Quite annoying to have to wait so long. I've deleted the two folders, but that does not help.

Comment

Originally posted by eiha View Post
        This seems to be very similar to what I experience; the home page of the services is not loading (YouTube, Disney, etc..). Well, after a long time, 30 to 60 minutes, it does load. Quite annoying to have to wait so long. I've deleted the two folders, but that does not help.
        try right clicking on the streamfab desktop icon and select "run as administrator" and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          You may delete the two folders and then run StreamFab to try again and see the result.
          Mona,
          I cringe every time you paste this answer into everybody's problem. Not everybody has their Temp and Log folders in those locations. Members requested and finally got those folders to be user assigned in Settings rather than be forced to use the C:\Users\<user>\Documents folder. If a user who has changed their log and Temp folders in Settings were to use your instructions absolutely nothing would happen and they would come back and say it didn't fix it. But it might have been fixed if the correct folders were deleted.

Comment

• Mona
            Mona commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, you are right, next time, I will add an image to make it clearer. Thanks for that.

Originally posted by eiha View Post
          This seems to be very similar to what I experience; the home page of the services is not loading (YouTube, Disney, etc..). Well, after a long time, 30 to 60 minutes, it does load. Quite annoying to have to wait so long.
          I'm trying to figure out where to start. Ok, let's start with a fact - no network is going to wait around for 30 to 60 minutes for you to connect to a server. It would have timed out long, long, long before that. So, is it a network problem? Possibly. Do you know how to do a Ping or Tracert test? Are you using a VPN? Who are you getting your DNS from? Are you running any other network intensive programs at the same time? Let's leave it at that. Answer and we'll go from there. It's got to be either network or your computer. We'll get to the latter eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I'm trying to figure out where to start. Ok, let's start with a fact - no network is going to wait around for 30 to 60 minutes for you to connect to a server. It would have timed out long, long, long before that. So, is it a network problem? Possibly. Do you know how to do a Ping or Tracert test? Are you using a VPN? Who are you getting your DNS from? Are you running any other network intensive programs at the same time? Let's leave it at that. Answer and we'll go from there. It's got to be either network or your computer. We'll get to the latter eventually.
            I'm not having network issues with anything else or with my regular browsers. I'm not using a VPN. Not sure how to do a ping test. I'm only semi-computer literate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              Did that. No change.

Comment

Originally posted by allbrijn View Post

I'm not having network issues with anything else or with my regular browsers. I'm not using a VPN. Not sure how to do a ping test. I'm only semi-computer literate.
                I was actually referring to eiha. I have no idea what is going on in your case since you didn't provide any info for which to work from to figure out what might be the cause of your problem. I'm not really sure I completely understand what your problem is. What do you mean by the browser is resetting?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I was actually referring to eiha. I have no idea what is going on in your case since you didn't provide any info for which to work from to figure out what might be the cause of your problem. I'm not really sure I completely understand what your problem is. What do you mean by the browser is resetting?
                  I managed to fix that issue. Now only certain videos in my queue will download. Others just say "waiting to download" and never start to analyze.

Comment

It's not network issues as my browser works fine, everything loads instantly, also the streaming services which take ages to load in StreamFab. I'm not using any VPN either. Thething that works at once in StreamFab is to copy a link from a free service (like YouTube).
                    Last edited by eiha; 09-11-2022, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I'm going to bow out of this problem session because neither of you want to answer my questions or give up any useful information. I like to help out on the weekends, as do several other individuals here, when there is no one from StreamFab here to figure out problems, but lately it is like pulling teeth to get any information to work with. Mona, Wilson, they are all yours.

Comment

Well, some additional information given above. This may though be a bit tricky to figure out so good if the StreamFab team could engage themselves in this. Log files where provided in an earlier post; "problems-with-paramount" .

Comment

I fixed it, kinda. I had to completely uninstall and re-install streamable. So far everything is working.

Comment

I fixed it, kinda. I had to completely uninstall and re-install streamable. So far everything is working.

Comment

Working...
                            X