Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SFab Hulu low quality video, Inconsistent audio (6Ch 256 DD+/Stereo), Analysis issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFab Hulu low quality video, Inconsistent audio (6Ch 256 DD+/Stereo), Analysis issues

StreamFab,

You *really* need to look at your Hulu downloader and address these issues.

Since getting StreamFab, I've always had issues "interfacing" with Hulu - analysis sometimes locks up, popups saying to contact you, and having to shutdown StreamFab & re-launch in order to get a Movie or TV show for Hulu.

Also, the QCEF file is sometimes running after shutdown & has to be killed.

I have tried setting the region of Hulu to US and to Auto.

This morning I ran 5 tests with the latest two episodes of American Horror Story on Hulu using StreamFab vs "Competitor".

American Horror Story S11E05 Bad Fortune
    American Horror Story S11E06 The Body

When downloading from StreamFab, Hulu shows multiple resolutions of the file that you can download (See Attached #1).

It has no relationship to what you will *actually* get with StreamFab on Hulu for the file.

StreamFab grabs a lower video kb/s vs. Competitor, and inconsistently will either get 256 kb/s 6 Ch Dolby D+ or 2 Channel lower kb/s stereo.

Although the Competitor gets a higher kb/s on video, it's limited to lower quality audio with stereo only.

(See attached 2 & 3)​

This is *very* irritating!

I don't know if the showing of all these "choices" (that are not related to what you get) on Hulu by StreamFab is because it doing the whole season and not individual episodes during it's analysis.

I also don't know why StreamFab can not get the higher video resolution (although it's still low, but ~ 2x StreamFab's) of the Competitor and also consistently get 256 kb/s 6 Channel Dolby D+.

This necessitates the user possibly having to combine the video from the competitor with the audio of StreamFab after several attempts of analysis and possible re-starting of StreamFab to get the good audio of 256 kb/s 6Ch Dolby D+.

I know this will probably be sent to the developer/programmer to "look at", but when will it actually be fixed?

Hulu downloader needs to be looked at for it's analysis problems, having to be re-started sometimes to get a Hulu Movie/TV and it's lower video and inconsistent audio quality.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to StreamFab addressing this.

Mike

US - CST, Win 10/64 pro & Win 11/64 pro, No VPN, StreamFab 6.0.0.0
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 11-03-2022, 01:15 PM.

F/y/i,

Uninstalled StreamFab 6.0.0.0 due to mentions in 6.0.0.1 re: Hulu speed changes "New: Some improvements on the download speed when downloading Hulu videos from the U.S."

1. Uninstalled StreamFab 6.0.0.0 from Windows Uninstall with delete configuration
    2. Manually deleted Log/Temp/Cache files (see attached #1) that uninstalling StreamFab probably should delete.
    3. StreamFab also left a blank icon on desktop for StreamFab (sometimes it does this) (see attached #2)
    4. Rebooted P.C.
    5. Ran CCleaner for any Registry errors - fixed StreamFab errors in registry that it detected (see attached #3)
    6. Downloaded offline version of 6.0.0.1, installed, licensed, put in settings, closed StreamFab.
    7. Modified icon of StreamFab to "Run as Administrator"
    8. Launched StreamFab
    9. Logged into Hulu and tried to download last 2 episodes of StreamFab - stuck on Analyzing (see attached #4), cancelled, cleared history in StreamFab, tried to run again, get "Bad Gateway" (see attached Home response to this post) message from StreamFab on Hulu, refreshed screen get normal Hulu screen, but will not download AHS last two episodes.
    10. Closed StreamFab
    11. Re-Launched StreamFab 6.001
    12. Downloaded last two episodes of AHS season 11 ok, they are lower video quality, but were 256 Kb/s audio 6 Ch Dolby D+
    13. StreamFab 6.0.0.1 acted *exactly* like the previous post in this thread.

Will attach log files on this as separate post, and will not hold my breath for StreamFab to address these issues.

Is *this* really the normal process that StreamFab expects users to go thru?

Mike

Attachments: 4 to this post

US CST, Win 10/64 Pro & Win 11/64 Pro, No VPN, StreamFab 6.0.0.1
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
      9. Logged into Hulu and tried to download last 2 episodes of StreamFab - stuck on Analyzing, cancelled, cleared history in StreamFab, tried to run again, get "Bad Gateway" (see attached) message from StreamFab on Hulu, refreshed screen get normal Hulu screen, but will not download AHS last two episodes.

Mike

Attachments: 1 of Bad Gateway

Attached Files

Comment

Will attach log files on this as separate post, and will not hold my breath for StreamFab to address these issues.[/B][/COLOR]
        Attempted to attach logfiles for this process for StreamFab 6.0.0.1 for Hulu downloading AHS Season 11 last two episodes per above, got error message (see attached) that file of 28.4 mb was too big to attach.

Will look to see if *something* in them can be deleted to decrease size & also email to Mona.

Mike

Attached Files

Comment

Followup,

Deleted from log files to decrease size:

Youtube output path that's auto created for some reason *every* time you run something
          StreamFab advertisement sale
          "Poster" directory that is pictures of movies on Hulu
          Update directory, another StreamFab advertisement & update stuff
          Metapicture directory

Still too big at 22 Mb, emailed to Mona.

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike, I did not get your email. You may consider uploading the file to the FTP. Please check the PM, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              Hi Mike, I did not get your email. You may consider uploading the file to the FTP. Please check the PM, thanks.
              Hi Mona,

I just emailed the log files again via yahoo.com and copied myself.

I received the email already from Yahoo.com, so I know the attachment is going thru and is not hitting their 25mb limit.

I also sent the file to you via FTP per below.

FTP

Status: File transfer successful, transferred 23,168,791 bytes in 25 seconds

*******​

By the way,

Why are we having this small upload limit again for log files on this forum?

I thought you had a programmer increase this when we had problems in the past.

The log file I tried to upload is only for trying Hulu with American Horror Story, the last two episodes - I clear the logs before I test & do a zip.

Is it necessary to have the advertisements, Youtube creation directory and the other stuff that you don't really need, such as pictures created in log files.

Could those be directed to another path so they are not in the log files and increase the size?

Mike
              Last edited by Mike_M; 11-04-2022, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I've downloaded the file from FTP and passed it to the developer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                  I've downloaded the file from FTP and passed it to the developer.
                  Mona,

Thank you,

But would still like an answer to:

I thought you had a programmer increase this for this forum when we had problems in the past with the size of files being too much to upload here for smaller files like this one.

Can anything be done by the programmer to not include some stuff that StreamFab does that makes the log files larger (per above post)?

Thanks!

Mike​

Comment

Mona,

Thank you,

But would still like an answer to:

I thought you had a programmer increase this for this forum when we had problems in the past with the size of files being too much to upload here for smaller files like this one.

Can anything be done by the programmer to not include some stuff that StreamFab does that makes the log files larger (per above post)?

Thanks!

Mike​
                    There is a file upload limit on the forum, which hasn't been changed since it was increased the last time this was mentioned. However, I don't think that a file about 20Mb in size is suitable to upload here, it will slow down the whole forum.

In most cases, the StreamFab log session for the problem download should be enough for checking the problem, we will ask for the rest of the log files if needed.

Comment

From today Hulu analyzing error & video bitrate:

StreamFab 6.0.0.2 - Hulu Downloader

1:23pm CST Cleared logs, launched SFab 6.0.0.2, put "American Horror" in search Analyzing video URL... pops up... thinking...

1:27pm CST Cancelled "Analyzing video URL", cleared browsing data

1:28pm Tried again, will not analyze, so exited StreamFab.

1:29pm Launched StreamFab again, get popup of StreamFab is up to date & Black Friday ad from Streamfab. Clicked Hulu (didn't log out from previous session. Put "American Horror" in search, analyzed and immediately popped up offering downloads. Downloaded episodes S11E07 & S11E08 of American Horror Story.

Downloaded same episodes from Competitor.​

Episodes from competitor have > 2x the bitrate for these two episodes from Hulu (same as last time/see attached).

Will also attach zipped log files (only/not temp also ) as additional post here in case wanted in addition to previous logs.

Mike

US CST, No Vpn, Win 10/64 Pro & Win 11/64 Pro, StreamFab 6.0.0.2
                      Attached Files

Comment

From today Hulu analyzing error & video bitrate:

Will also attach zipped log files (only/not temp also ) as additional post here in case wanted in addition to previous logs.

Mike

US CST, No Vpn, Win 10/64 Pro & Win 11/64 Pro, StreamFab 6.0.0.2
                        Zipped log files attached from today...

Attached Files

Comment

Me dont think Stream.com and Stream.cn is a competitors. Many programs look like this one, maybe different, maybe the same.
                          - Maybe understand better. I study in USA. 我希望你能说什么是竞争对手,你说得比StreamFab更好
                          Last edited by Chameleon; 11-10-2022, 08:22 PM.
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                            Me dont think Stream.com and Stream.cn is a competitors. Many programs look like this one, maybe different, maybe the same.
                            Hi Chameleon,

Fyi,

The Competitor I mention in this thread/posts about Hulu is not some iteration of StreamFab/DVDFab - it's a totally different company that DvdFab.cn compared itself too in an email advertising StreamFab to some registered users and said this competitor was "slowest" of the three without considering that it had settings in menu that a user can adjust the speed up to unlimited.

This is the same competitor that was getting the higher audio rates in Amazon Prime for CVBR that StreamFab/DVDFab has since matched and programmed in.

By the way, that competitor also has some features/issues right now that make StreamFab a better choice to me for certain usages.

The Competitor's audio for Hulu is limited to stereo, although it's video bitrate is better compared to StreamFab's right now.

Sometimes you can only get lesser resolutions of videos on Netflix from the competitor and StreamFab consistently grabs the higher ones for me. For some reason that have been adjusting/addressing per video reported.

The Competitor's HBOMax is no longer better since the last HBOMax Drm change and limited to 720p for newer files that use the new DRM.

Mike
                            Last edited by Mike_M; 11-10-2022, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Maybe you help me, I get this on HBO Max all the time, what this means? Click image for larger version

Name:	HBO Max FaB.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	417618
                              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                              X