Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Precious Credits on Zero Bytes Files/Lower Resolution/Wrong Codec

Ok this is super frustrating.

Whenever i queue up 50 or more items to download, i will inevitably get dinged credits for shit I don't want. Those things are:
    • Zero Bytes Files
    • Lower Resolution Than Picked
    • H264 instead of H265
    In my list of 50, i will often have 5-6 items that are zero bytes, another 3 that downloaded at 720p instead of 1080p and 1-2 that are H264 when my settings are set to H265.

That amounts to 20% of my daily queue. It's especially frustrating when it happens on the last day of the month when the stuff i am trying to download will disappear.

StreamFab needs better error handling for the zero bytes files. If it sees that after remuxing, the resulting file is zero bytes, DO NOT charge us a credit.

StreamFab also needs a setting to handle what to do when the resolution picked or codec selected is not "available". Something like Ask, Skip, Allow.

Ask would give you a prompt as to what to do, with a timer that would then skip it if no input is received. Skip would obviously skip it but keep it in the list with a status of skipped where you can then force it to download. Finally, Allow would just act like it does now.

<rant>

The fact that the competition allows 500 downloads should be really embarrassing for Fengtao. IDGAF if you calculate 50 per service gives you 2000. Nobody uses all modules, let alone in a single day. The way the competitor does it, you can decide that you will use 150 on Amazon, 200 on HBO max and 75 on Netflix. This is 100x better. Especially for people who only use a handful of modules

Like someone else has said, streaming providers know github scripts, StreamFab and the other one exist. Stuff gets released on Newsgroups and Torrents within minutes of the movie/episode's availability on their site. The only thing they do is update the CDMs from time to time. They are NOT parsing logs for hundreds of millions of streams per day, trying to catch people downloading.

They may have "abuse detection" algorithms on some sites like Disney+ but the responsibility should fall on the end-user to make sure they don't download in a way that will get their account flagged.

</rant>

Happy New Year everyone!!
Working...
X