Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v6.1.1.8 doesn't work anymore with Netflix on mac

Hello
    I've been using streamfab for months to download Netflix series, and for the past few weeks I've had bad feedback from the app: it no longer downloads.
    I used all the tricks: uninstall-reinstall, delete cache, restart computer, etc... nothing works since v6.1.1.8
    I submitted a ticket, but no one can help me yet.​

Series search is not possible. The app does not find my series list and shows that it is empty.
    And when it finds something, it ends up bringing me back to home with an error code.​

Sometimes, it also says to me that I have to disconnect my VPN, but I don't have VPN.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9200.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	424522Click image for larger version

Name:	d50g.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	424523 Click image for larger version

Name:	9b7b.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	424524
    (from France, Mojave 10.14.3)

Can somenone help me ?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Chany View Post
    Hello
    I've been using streamfab for months to download Netflix series, and for the past few weeks I've had bad feedback from the app: it no longer downloads.
    I used all the tricks: uninstall-reinstall, delete cache, restart computer, etc... nothing works since v6.1.1.8

Series search is not possible. The app does not find my series list and shows that it is empty.
    And when it finds something, it ends up bringing me back to home with an error code.​

Sometimes, it also says to me that I have to disconnect my VPN, but I don't have VPN.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9200.jpg Views:	11 Size:	29.9 KB ID:	424522Click image for larger version  Name:	d50g.jpg Views:	10 Size:	10.9 KB ID:	424523 Click image for larger version  Name:	9b7b.jpg Views:	10 Size:	8.2 KB ID:	424524

Can somenone help me ?
    Thanks
    Hi Chany,

Here's a suggestion.

It may or may not work.

Netflix has cracked down on password sharing.

One thing they *seem* to be doing is querying usage of Ipv6 in some geographic areas periodically.

I don't know much about Mac's, but if you have Ipv4 & Ipv6 both set to be used via adapter you *might* try disabling Ipv6, restarting and see if this could possible help.

Like I said, I don't know much about Mac's, but using Ipv4 & Ipv6 both on adapter in Win64 10 & 11/64 bit Pro has caused some issues recently with other software due to Netflix querying Ipv6 periodically in certain geographic areas due to cracking down on sharing.

One of the reasons the Ipv6 *seems* be an issue is it's link to Vpn and Netflix's strategy.

Even though you may not use Vpn (I didn't), Netflix's querying of Ipv6 triggers some issues.

This may be annoying since Netflix seems to be the only one now that has this problem with Ipv6 adapter settings & toggling it on/off only for Netflix seems a tad silly if you need Ipv6 for other sites/networking.

Hope this suggestion might help you.

Mike

US - Cst, No Vpn, Win 10/11 64 bit/pro
    Last edited by Mike_M; 04-22-2023, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hi Chany,
      Here's a suggestion.
      It may or may not work.
      Netflix has cracked down on password sharing.
      One thing they *seem* to be doing is querying usage of Ipv6 in some geographic areas periodically.
      I don't know much about Mac's, but if you have Ipv4 & Ipv6 both set to be used via adapter you *might* try disabling Ipv6, restarting and see if this could possible help.
      Like I said, I don't know much about Mac's, but using Ipv4 & Ipv6 both on adapter in Win64 10 & 11/64 bit Pro has caused some issues recently with other software due to Netflix querying Ipv6 periodically in certain geographic areas due to cracking down on sharing.
      One of the reasons the Ipv6 *seems* be an issue is it's link to Vpn and Netflix's strategy.
      Even though you may not use Vpn (I didn't), Netflix's querying of Ipv6 triggers some issues.
      This may be annoying since Netflix seems to be the only one now that has this problem with Ipv6 adapter settings & toggling it on/off only for Netflix seems a tad silly if you need Ipv6 for other sites/networking.
      Hope this suggestion might help you.
      Mike
      US - Cst, No Vpn, Win 10/11 64 bit/pro
      Thank you Mike for your help.
      Unfortunately, I don't know what is Ipv4 & Ipv6.
      I just watch Netflix on my tv, and download it via StreamFab. I never connect or disconnect something like Ipv4 or Ipv6.

Comment

Hello

Name:	9200.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	424522Click image for larger version

Name:	d50g.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	424523 Click image for larger version

Name:	9b7b.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	424524

Can somenone help me ?
        Thanks
        that error code UI3012 is a Network error code, try checking your internet connection - https://help.netflix.com/en/node/100406

Comment

Thank you Mike for your help.
          Unfortunately, I don't know what is Ipv4 & Ipv6.
          I just watch Netflix on my tv, and download it via StreamFab. I never connect or disconnect something like Ipv4 or Ipv6.
          Hi Chany,

The Ipv4 & Ipv6 is configured in your adapter settings for you Mac - you probably never even see it, but it's the protocols used.

Perhaps someone with a MAC can give you instructions?

Or you can Google "Mac adapter settings ipv4 ipv6", under images I see that there are settings you might look at for this.

But, I'm *not* a Mac user & others might help you test to see if that might help.

I can't even post screen shots for you due to errors when I try to upload re: upload limits - Wilson Wang said he was going to get someone to look at on this forum.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

that error code UI3012 is a Network error code, try checking your internet connection - https://help.netflix.com/en/node/100406

Name:	FAST.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	424530
            I think I'm ok with my connexion, no ?

computer => Netflix = ok, no problem
            computer => streamfab => Netflix = problem (doesn't work)

Thank you Mike_M but I don't know anyone with Mac who could help me. And I don't want to make a mistake and having issues in future :*)

Comment

Turn Your VPN Off

Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                Turn Your VPN Off

I don't have VPN.

Comment

Name:	FAST.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	424530

computer => Netflix = ok, no problem
                  computer => streamfab => Netflix = problem (doesn't work)

Thank you Mike_M but I don't know anyone with Mac who could help me. And I don't want to make a mistake and having issues in future :*)
                  are you connecting via WIFI or Ethernet cable ??

Comment

october262 : via WIFI

When it seems to work, I have that :

Name:	Streamfast.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	424535

Comment

Not necessarily. That just means that you have a decent connection between you and the speed server. There still may be a problem between you and Netflix's CDN.
                      If you were using Windows I'd tell you to get a Firefox/Chrome extensions called The Stream Detector to get the true address of your Netflix CDN. Then I'd run a tracert to that address to see if there are any slowdowns or whatever between you and the CDN. Unfortunately I don't think The Stream Detector will work on a Mac and I don't know of a comparable Mac program to do the same thing. I have almost no Mac knowledge and so even if you found the true address of the CDN I wouldn't know how to tell you to do a tracert on a Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Not necessarily. That just means that you have a decent connection between you and the speed server. There still may be a problem between you and Netflix's CDN.
                        If you were using Windows I'd tell you to get a Firefox/Chrome extensions called The Stream Detector to get the true address of your Netflix CDN. Then I'd run a tracert to that address to see if there are any slowdowns or whatever between you and the CDN. Unfortunately I don't think The Stream Detector will work on a Mac and I don't know of a comparable Mac program to do the same thing. I have almost no Mac knowledge and so even if you found the true address of the CDN I wouldn't know how to tell you to do a tracert on a Mac.
                        I'll find out about that​. Thank you

--------

Otherwise, I delete the log files, cookies files and hidden files (cache)
                        (documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/etc)
                        And I succeed download 6 episodes.... sometimes it works, sometimes not.
                        Look forward to the next​ rrelease.
                        Thanks all for helping me.

Comment

Working...
                        X