No announcement yet.

How to download PURCHASED Apple TV + content with StreamFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab General Query How to download PURCHASED Apple TV + content with StreamFab

Hello - I've successfully used StreamFab for Mac v. 6.1.7.8 to download content INCLUDED with my Apple TV + monthly subscription.

Today I wanted to watch a specific episode of "Phineas and Ferb" and purchased it using the Apple TV application on my Mac. I can easily PLAY it within the Apple TV application. I also "downloaded" the episode within the Apple TV application.

I cannot find a way to use SF to download it for future viewing.

I hope someone can point out where I am overlooking the needed steps.
    thank you
    qb

Originally posted by quattleb View Post
    Hello - I've successfully used StreamFab for Mac v. 6.1.7.8 to download content INCLUDED with my Apple TV + monthly subscription.

Today I wanted to watch a specific episode of "Phineas and Ferb" and purchased it using the Apple TV application on my Mac. I can easily PLAY it within the Apple TV application. I also "downloaded" the episode within the Apple TV application.

I cannot find a way to use SF to download it for future viewing.

I hope someone can point out where I am overlooking the needed steps.
    thank you
    qb
    It's probably not anything you're failing to do. You can't download purchased Apple content using Anystream, so my guess is that you probably can't access it with SF, either - it's just another one of Apple's frustrating limitations.

Does either Disney+ or Amazon have the episode you want? You'd get a better video resolution with either, for a start.
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 06-01-2024, 08:07 PM.

Comment

artsunlimited - thank you for the quick info. Disney+ (and Netflix) banned "Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown" with Kelly Osbourne hosting. I found it on Apple TV first but yes, seems I could purchase it on Amazon. Woo hoo! Again thank you for the help. qb

Comment

artsunlimited - thank you for the quick info. Disney+ (and Netflix) banned "Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown" with Kelly Osbourne hosting. I found it on Apple TV first but yes, seems I could purchase it on Amazon. Woo hoo! Again thank you for the help. qb
        My pleasure - I'm so glad for you that they have the episode you wanted! It's utterly unfair of Apple to block videos you've bought, so I'm sorry you wasted your $ buying it from them first, before you found out the bad news. I hope you can get a direct download with SF using version 6.1.6.7. - if not, and you don't like the quality of the screen recording/re-encoding, you now know there's another option out there.
        Last edited by artsunlimited; 06-01-2024, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Interesting: if I download using SF I cannot retain the Subtitles. If I watch the episode in Safari I can turn on / off the subtitles. Within SF I've tried 3 different video resolutions and the 3 methods of CC downloads. But I get no CC/Subtitles.

Comment

Interesting: if I download using SF I cannot retain the Subtitles. If I watch the episode in Safari I can turn on / off the subtitles. Within SF I've tried 3 different video resolutions and the 3 methods of CC downloads. But I get no CC/Subtitles.
            LOL, more like aggravating! Are you actually direct downloading with SF, or is it recording/re-encoding the episode? Because lack of subtitles with the latter method is a known issue - see the link below.

I'm assuming you mean the episode you purchased from Prime, and you can turn the captions on and off while watching it in your browser?

Comment

artsunlimited - details I forgot. Yes, when I use SF to download the purchase on Prime it will not capture subtitles. And yes, I can turn them on/off in Safari when watching the P&F episode.

Let me see about the "direct downloading" vs recording/re-encoding" in SF.

Comment

New info:
                I'm not clear on how to tell the diff - "direct downloading" vs "recording / re-encoding" in SF.
                I did test downloading ONLY the subtitles
                If I choose "extract original format" then SF downloads a "ttml" subtitle text file.
                However if I choose "Extract to SRT file" it appears to start the process then I see "failed".

I use a Plex server and will search for how to use the "ttml" file along with this episode of P&F. Likely simple enough.
                thx

Comment

Working...
                X