Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Your Opinions on MKV Video Format To Use

StreamFab Settings -> VIP Services -> Download Settings

I've been using MKV (FFmpeg) since before MKV (MKVToolNix) was an option. I know some time ago (like 2023) there was a problem using (MKVToolNix) and the recommendation at the time was to use (FFmpeg).

I've since done a complete uninstall / clean reinstall of SF and am in the process of putting my settings back to where they were, and I was going to try (MKVToolNix).

If you're saving your SF downloads as MKV, I'd like to know which one you are using and why you prefer to use it. Just wanted to get some opinions.

Once the options were available, I always set....

Video Format: MKV (MKVToolNix)
    Video Resolution: Full HD - 1080p
    Subtitle Format: Remux into File.

I use it, because it works. As far as I can recall, I've never had an issue with it in StreamFab. Also I've used MKVToolNix for remuxing and other stuff on its own, so I trusted it.

Is using MKVToolNix better than FFmpeg? I can't answer that. I can only share what works for me.

Comment

I've always downloaded in MP4 with subs in SRT format.
      I then use Subtitle edit to clean up the subs, merge the files into an MKV with MKVToolNix
      and Should I need to trim the service bump at the beginning, trim the silent credits at the end, or convert to H265 I use FFMpeg.

ffmpeg also works great for taking out the CC in the video files from Peacock.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
        Once the options were available, I always set....

Video Format: MKV (MKVToolNix)
        Video Resolution: Full HD - 1080p
        Subtitle Format: Remux into File.

I use it, because it works. As far as I can recall, I've never had an issue with it in StreamFab. Also I've used MKVToolNix for remuxing and other stuff on its own, so I trusted it.

Is using MKVToolNix better than FFmpeg? I can't answer that. I can only share what works for me.
        I use MKVToolNix as well for other stuff and thought I might switch over to using it with SF. Figured now was as good a time as any to give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
        X