Purchasing From Amazon Outside Your Own Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchasing From Amazon Outside Your Own Country

I know its not actually a Streamfab problem but having finally invested in a VPN and used Streamfab to download some Amazon USA content thats not on my UK service I've been finding it difficult to make a purchase. I have a reship address so that Amazon can see a US address and I was able to add the relevant funds to a giftcard but the purchase wouldn't go through as my original account is in the UK so I need a card with a US address. There's a few but I doubt it will be regularly used so not wanting to add $50 or $100 which they want for a $12.99 purchase.
    Any suggestions out there?
    Also willing to pay someone the price and extra on top to make the purchase, download it using Streamfab then uploading it for me to download.
    Hope someone can help

Originally posted by phelings View Post
    I know its not actually a Streamfab problem but having finally invested in a VPN and used Streamfab to download some Amazon USA content thats not on my UK service I've been finding it difficult to make a purchase. I have a reship address so that Amazon can see a US address and I was able to add the relevant funds to a giftcard but the purchase wouldn't go through as my original account is in the UK so I need a card with a US address. There's a few but I doubt it will be regularly used so not wanting to add $50 or $100 which they want for a $12.99 purchase.
    Any suggestions out there?
    Also willing to pay someone the price and extra on top to make the purchase, download it using Streamfab then uploading it for me to download.
    Hope someone can help
    I did this in reverse, using a VPN in the US to access Amazon UK, but it's slightly convoluted and requires setting up an account in the country you want to rent from. (I set up a UK account using the month free trial, using a residential hotel address in Cambridge, and my AMEX was accepted for the trial even though I only have a US address. If you run into a card issue, VISA gift cards can be purchased in the UK and are accepted internationally, so that might be a workaround for you.)

First I bought a $25 Prime egift card using a family member's name and Prime account, and then sent it to myself at my Prime UK account. Then I removed my AMEX card as the default payment so the egift card was the only way to purchase - I found that if I didn't do that, rentals wanted to default to my credit card. After that, I rented what I pleased - I think I had something like $.30 left on the egift card when my trial was over. A purchase might not go through that smoothly, though - I only rented, so I don't have any experience beyond that. May I ask what title you're after?

Comment

It's the Beyond Westworld series. Made in 1980 the Warner Archive dvd looks like an off the shelf tv master from 1980 and its pretty poor. Prime reckons their version is HD so wanted to create my own Bluray version. Don't think it can be rented. Thanks for your info

Comment

It's the Beyond Westworld series. Made in 1980 the Warner Archive dvd looks like an off the shelf tv master from 1980 and its pretty poor. Prime reckons their version is HD so wanted to create my own Bluray version. Don't think it can be rented. Thanks for your info
        they have all 5 episodes of Beyond Westworld series here - https://ok.ru/video/4987641203341

Comment

LOL, it's amazing how bad DVDs of old shows look now.

I found your series in HD on YouTube for the same price as Prime. I haven't downloaded anything rented or bought from YT but I imagine the quality would be the same as it would with Prime, and you wouldn't have to jump through VPN and giftcard hoops to get it, and as it's YouTube, your purchase would be more accessible in future, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-28 19.53.14.png Views:	2 Size:	145.4 KB ID:	445555
          Last edited by artsunlimited; 06-29-2024, 12:14 AM.

Comment

IF you are well equipped....
            HTML Code:
            https://hottorrenthunt.com/detail?name=Beyond.Westworld.S01.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP2.0.x264-LycanHD[rartv]&hash=64A61963CED7FA5E0708A58F8CCD42E19BECA283

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

LOL, it's amazing how bad DVDs of old shows look now.

I found your series in HD on YouTube for the same price as Prime. I haven't downloaded anything rented or bought from YT but I imagine the quality would be the same as it would with Prime, and you wouldn't have to jump through VPN and giftcard hoops to get it, and as it's YouTube, your purchase would be more accessible in future, too.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-28 19.53.14.png Views:	2 Size:	145.4 KB ID:	445555
              I will give it a go - thanks

Edit - it still won't work. Needed the VPN to make it appear on Youtube then its the same problem as Amazon . Tried both paypal and debit card but as neither are US accounts they won't accept them.
              Anybody want to download them then upload the files to Mega.nz for me? I will of course pay upfront

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
                IF you are well equipped....
                HTML Code:
                https://hottorrenthunt.com/detail?name=Beyond.Westworld.S01.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP2.0.x264-LycanHD[rartv]&hash=64A61963CED7FA5E0708A58F8CCD42E19BECA283
                Thanks for the link but I can't even see how to download it on there

Comment

I went to get a virtual card and without putting any money on it they gave me a US address so I put that as my default address on Amazon and they accepted the gift card - hurray. Downloading right now

Comment

I went to get a virtual card and without putting any money on it they gave me a US address so I put that as my default address on Amazon and they accepted the gift card - hurray. Downloading right now
                    That's great news! BTW, Prime Canada has subscription channels that the US doesn't, with 30-day free trials, too, so it's worth a look-see. Sorry about the YouTube time-waster - I should have realized that if there's a geo-restriction outside the US it would extend to other streaming platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

That's great news! BTW, Prime Canada has subscription channels that the US doesn't, with 30-day free trials, too, so it's worth a look-see. Sorry about the YouTube time-waster - I should have realized that if there's a geo-restriction outside the US it would extend to other streaming platforms.
                      Unfortunately the Trial channels won't work without the necessary US card and I think I would need to add money to it for them to give me a card number although I can try without.

Edit - no money,no card number

Comment

Unfortunately the Trial channels won't work without the necessary US card and I think I would need to add money to it for them to give me a card number although I can try without.

Edit - no money,no card number
                        Ugh, what a pain. But if you add money to the card you could use it later for other virtual non-Prime purchases, since the trials are free, yes? Could you even pay bills with it?

Comment

Working...
                        X