Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YouTube Plus (DRM M3U8) downloading half-video only.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM M3U8 YouTube Plus (DRM M3U8) downloading half-video only.

After realizing DVDFab won't make DRM MPD a reality for Mac I decided to dust my Win PC off to finally download movies on ViX. So last night I paid the $49.99 to get the YouTube Plus downloader only to realize that movies aren't downloading successfully. Movies do seem to download normally but after playing back the video I only get half of it.

As you can see in the picture below I downloaded Blackjack last night using YouTube Plus downloader, I got 33 min and 21 sec out of a 1 hr and 35 min movie, that's less than half... I wonder WTF is going on?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2024-09-21 a la(s) 2.34.22 p.m..png
Views:	157
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	450688

Logs would help for those that can view them to possibly see what is happening to help you.
    Also, settings etc used would help.
    Also, does it seem to download fully and just then have the issue playing?

And I am going to say first, SF can't keep the list updated by trying to give SO many services, but is ViX a supported site?

Name:	OiltqrnrSa2dvh_cH272-g.png
Views:	117
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	450697
    Last edited by Stan001; 09-21-2024, 11:04 PM.
    Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
    %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Your screenshot is from a MAC and not Windows. How did you decide that Vix.com uses m3u8 and not dash? When I just tried to download Blackjack by clicking the Download symbol, a brief popup (too fast to do a screenshot of) appears and says the website is not supported. You should have asked first before buying.

Just to be on the safe side, send in your log using this procedure...

Delete the existing StreamFab.log from your Log directory. Run the ONE download that you are having problems with. Exit StreamFab. Do not edit this new StreamFab.log in any way. Attach your StreamFab.log to a post here on the forum.​ Do not send the entire log directory. Do not send any other file but StreamFab.log. If you follow these instructions, there is no need to compress the file using ZIP, RAR, or any other compressor program.

Comment

Here is the log, please help! StreamFab.log

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
          Also, settings etc used would help.
          Also, does it seem to download fully and just then have the issue playing?

And I am going to say first, SF can't keep the list updated by trying to give SO many services, but is ViX a supported site?
          1. It didn't provide much settings to choose from.
          2. Yes, it keeps saying the file was successfully downloaded
          3. ViX is now a supported website.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Your screenshot is from a MAC and not Windows. How did you decide that Vix.com uses m3u8 and not dash? When I just tried to download Blackjack by clicking the Download symbol, a brief popup (too fast to do a screenshot of) appears and says the website is not supported. You should have asked first before buying.

Just to be on the safe side, send in your log using this procedure...

Delete the existing StreamFab.log from your Log directory. Run the ONE download that you are having problems with. Exit StreamFab. Do not edit this new StreamFab.log in any way. Attach your StreamFab.log to a post here on the forum.​ Do not send the entire log directory. Do not send any other file but StreamFab.log. If you follow these instructions, there is no need to compress the file using ZIP, RAR, or any other compressor program.

1. I used Windows to download the file but opened this thread on my iMac.
            2. StreamFab offers two downloading options on ViX, MPD DASH and M3U8.
            3. Were you using Windows?
            4. I uploaded a copy of the requested log file. MPD DASH files download just fine, it's the M3U8 files that are the issue. Help me please!

Comment

Originally posted by galloitaliano View Post

1. It didn't provide much settings to choose from.
              2. Yes, it keeps saying the file was successfully downloaded
              3. ViX is now a supported website.
              As I said it gets more obvious that SF don't bother to update the supported sites. It might even be to their benifit to remove the sites list completely from SF itself.
              I did try other means to find out about ViX and this was another thing that came up mostly saying using Amazon. https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader/vix-plus.htm
              I am sure someone who can check the logs will be along, to see what the issue may be.
              Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
              %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by galloitaliano View Post

1. I used Windows to download the file but opened this thread on my iMac.
                2. StreamFab offers two downloading options on ViX, MPD DASH and M3U8.
                3. Were you using Windows?
                4. I uploaded a copy of the requested log file. MPD DASH files download just fine, it's the M3U8 files that are the issue. Help me please!
                2024:09:22-13:26:31 0x0000171c [Info]: DRM M3U8 Downloader, Register: 0, Enabled: 1
                2024:09:22-13:26:31 0x0000171c [Info]: DRM MPD Downloader, Register: 0, Enabled: 1​

You have neither DRM Dash nor DRM M3U8, how do you expect to download a DRM file without them? YouTube Plus is only for downloading non-VIP non-DRM files. It is the equivalent to the 100+ video streaming downloaders that can't download DRM. https://www.videohelp.com/software/s...ng-downloaders

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

2024:09:22-13:26:31 0x0000171c [Info]: DRM M3U8 Downloader, Register: 0, Enabled: 1
                  2024:09:22-13:26:31 0x0000171c [Info]: DRM MPD Downloader, Register: 0, Enabled: 1​

You have neither DRM Dash nor DRM M3U8, how do you expect to download a DRM file without them? YouTube Plus is only for downloading non-VIP non-DRM files. It is the equivalent to the 100+ video streaming downloaders that can't download DRM. https://www.videohelp.com/software/s...ng-downloaders
                  So it all comes down to that? Would buying DASH or M3U8 fix the problem? Thanks for helping.,

Comment

> Would buying DASH or M3U8 fix the problem?

I can't say anything about Premium content, but free content works only until 1st ad-break

Detection via m3u8
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	vix_detection.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.6 KB ID:	450818

Click image for larger version  Name:	vix_result.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.8 KB ID:	450821

It should be 1:59:23 - but my result have only 0:14:25

Comment

If I play in regular Browser with AdBlocker, i get a m3u8 for full length ..
                      .. but remux failed if I don't use mkv (like rakuten non jp)

dl log here => result (720p) here

Name:	Black_Jack_vix_720p.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	450823

btw: The length from previous post - 1:59:23 shown in SF is with ads​

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                        If I play in regular Browser with AdBlocker, i get a m3u8 for full length ..
                        .. but remux failed if I don't use mkv (like rakuten non jp)

dl log here => result (720p) here

Click image for larger version  Name:	Black_Jack_vix_720p.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.0 KB ID:	450823

btw: The length from previous post - 1:59:23 shown in SF is with ads​
                        i believe i've solved it !! go into settings - preferences - preferred settings - change under video format to MKV (MKVToolNIX) click OK
                        and retry the movie again i get a 2.90GB file with a runtime of 01:35:05

Comment

I can confirm it - with my default mp4 i get only 1st part ..
                          .. but with mkv (mkvtoolnix) i get also full length in FHD

Then my manual test was not completely in vain ..
                          .. but my SF result is asynchronous !

Name:	vix_Black_Jack_mkvtoolnix.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	450827

Comment

Working...
                          X