Spotify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotify

Didnt try the software yet, but i wonder about one statement, "Losslessly download any Spotify song and podcast to FLAC, MP3, M4A, WAV, or OPUS formats in 10 seconds."
    Afaik Spotify only has 320kbps aac max, does that mean the FLAC is just an encode?

Originally posted by roberts View Post
    Didnt try the software yet, but i wonder about one statement, "Losslessly download any Spotify song and podcast to FLAC, MP3, M4A, WAV, or OPUS formats in 10 seconds."
    Afaik Spotify only has 320kbps aac max, does that mean the FLAC is just an encode?
    MusicFab supports to download the native formats and common formats. Spotify can support M4A format as native format, other formats are transcoding format.​

Comment

I can't log into Spotify using the Musicfab app.. Google says the browser is unsecure. Repeated tries yield the same error. Screen shot attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Google Error.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	425539

Comment

i can login to spotify but songs stop after 10sec and cant get anything to download

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
          I can't log into Spotify using the Musicfab app.. Google says the browser is unsecure. Repeated tries yield the same error. Screen shot attached.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Google Error.jpg Views:	56 Size:	18.0 KB ID:	425539
          Please delete the two folders and then run MusicFab to try again and see the result.
          %HOMEPATH%/Documents/MusicFab/MusicFab/Temp
          %HOMEPATH%/Documents/MusicFab/MusicFab/log​

Comment

Originally posted by bmfexp View Post
            i can login to spotify but songs stop after 10sec and cant get anything to download
            Could you please specify links to the music you have problems with, and send the latest MusicFab.log for troubleshooting. The default location for log file is:
            C:\Users\xxx\Documents\MusicFab\MusicFab\Log​

Comment

Originally posted by Hedy View Post

Could you please specify links to the music you have problems with, and send the latest MusicFab.log for troubleshooting. The default location for log file is:
              C:\Users\xxx\Documents\MusicFab\MusicFab\Log​
              It's not just #bmfexp. I have the same issue concerning truncated downloads across the board. This is a persistent and frequent problem across every Artist and Every Album. When this happens, I find that stopping any downloads, deleting the truncated tracks/Albums, and rebooting before trying again, sometimes does the trick. Like I said, it's a persistent and frequent problem that keeps popping up time and time again, ruining every track until it's stopped. I have managed to save several albums, but the truncation problem is so prevalent, I find myself having to verify every track in every album. These same tracks play fine in the Spotify interface, and like I said before. I have managed to get the entire track/album on the second or third try.

Thank you for your advice concerning the browser. Now I have a couple of more issues. The Spotify downloader has ceased to work entirely. Everything in my que fails. I have tried different artists and albums, and nothing seems to work. I have cleared out my cache, history and everything I can think of. I have rebooted five times, and nothing seems to work. I would also like to upload a couple of screen shots. I still have intermittent browser issues, and a very high failure rate all the time. Usually, the failures go through with no problem the second time I try, but currently nothing helps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Spotify Browser Error.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.3 KB ID:	425891

This is the current issue with the browser. Closing MusicFab and restarting will not clear the issue. Sometimes rebooting does.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Failure accessing video error from MusicFab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.5 KB ID:	425892

This is the error I keep getting for every failure. Video information? Not sure what that has to do with Music.
              Any help you can give us restoring functionality of MusicFab would be appreciated. I knew getting in on the ground floor of this fledgling software that there would be issues. I have been using "Fab" products for a very long time, and have every confidence in the "Fab" team. I'm sure that they will figure this out in a timely manner. If I can provide any assistance to the team, pleas E-mail me. My responses might be a little slow, but I'll get back to you.
              Thank you in advance for your help.

Edit: Another issue: The MusicFab U.I. freezes intermittently. "Shaking" the window with my mouse frees it up for a couple of seconds before it freezes again. This is also a fairly common problem with me.
              SJM

Attached Files
              Last edited by supine; 05-27-2023, 06:03 PM.

Comment

The monster size of my .log file is preventing me from sending any worthwhile information. It will not upload. If you could Mail me an address to send it to, I can try to mail it to you as an attachment. (and it STILL may be to big!)
                I have sent .log snippets before, but in this case, I believe the whole thing may be the only thing that helps. I have had constant trouble since I purchased the software. When I sent snips, I also knew where my Issue was located in the log. Not so much in this case. The file upload size limitation may be a little (Lot) to small. (Draconian even.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	MusicFab Log.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	425897
                Attached Files
                Last edited by supine; 05-27-2023, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Suppine, thanks for being the Guinea Pig.

I just am not into being DVDfab Bug Checker.

They must have some un-Inexperienced young People there doing their testing.

I have seen some of their Updates, and I think that should have been Part of the Program at the Beginning.

I Hope in One Hand-----and Spit in the Other !!!!

Comment

#ord1117, You are right, a little more Beata testing on this product before launch seems like it should have been in order. However.... here we are.

I'm afraid that I have been double posting these issues. Since a "Mod" asked a question in this one, I was hoping for a faster review and response. From now on though, If there is an issue or bug, I will stick to this thread. My question to the "Mods" though, is; is there a better thread, or method to post bugs like this and get a faster review of the issue. Even though this is not a Japanese holiday, I didn't expect a response until after Tuesday, after the holiday, but the response HAS been unusually slow for a thread where a "Mod" has asked a question.

Update: I totally uninstalled and reinstalled MusicFab. I am now able to achieve some functionality. Most of the other issues I have previously reported are still there. The high failure rate, and the MusicFab U.I. freezing, being the ones that surfaced right away. Since I haven't heard anything about a resolution for the other two (Intermittent, browser not being able to play protected content, and truncated files), I'm pretty sure they will resurface soon. (I'll let you know) OH! and another previously unreported issue. No failures, but nothing but .lrc files in the output directory at the end of the batch run for some albums. I'm looking forward to a response from the "Fab Team". Thank you.
                    Last edited by supine; 05-29-2023, 08:21 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Playback of protected content screen is back also. I did not attempt to download with that message up. In the past, I have experienced Truncated tracks after seeing that message.

Comment

Info: I tried (and succeeded) playing the albums/tracks that were truncated during Fab download, in Spotify, outside of the MusicFab program from my phone. Everything went normally. When I just tried to load an album into the que, no song list populated so I could import it. In an effort to get the list to come up, I hit play inside the MusicFab browser. Several songs flashed by like they were skipped, and the song that did come up, was truncated. Hope this info helps. I think that the Spotify "unable to play protected content in this browser" error screen may have something to do with it.
                        Also, MusicFab has disappeared off my screen a few times. It just unexpectedly quit in the middle of a batch. I have no idea why, and there were no error screens on restart. I would love to hear from the Fab team, even if it's just to let me know they are aware of these problems. I am about to reboot to se if I can re-download the albums/Tracks that were truncated during the last download; and get the whole file this time. Although I expected glitches in this fledgling software, MusicFab has turned out to be more challenging than even I expected.

Comment

Update 1,0.0.3 is here! Woo-hoo! With it comes the good and the not-so good.

For a while, it appeared that the team had the truncation problem licked. I managed to get at least 17 albums in the can while trying to get an artists discography. I was very happy, thinking that the team had the problem licked and I was wasting my time auditing every track. I was so shocked when I encountered a truncated track toward the end of an album, that I had to re-audit it three times before I believed it. Every track after that, on that album and the remaining three albums were truncated.
                          There is still a fairly high failure rate. It might be my imagination, but I believe that the failure rate has gone down a little. The Failure to process Video notice was still there on some failures, but others just said "failed" with no reason stated. From time to time, the process bar will disappear and the word "Processing" will appear. This is a pretty good indicator that the track is about to fail.

Note: When I say "Truncated", the progress bar continues to move for the allotted time stated on the track, but all audio ceases just under ten seconds into the file.

There is still good news. When I accessed Spotify, I did not encounter an error page (So far so good), and the MusicFab U.I. stayed unfrozen for the duration of my session. After the truncated files started appearing, I quit the program, and went back in expecting an error page, but the "Open" page appeared normally. (Thank you team)

The fact that I was able to get 17 good albums in the can before encountering a problem, and was actually able to access and navigate the "Open" page to select files, (Not to mention that the U.I. didn't freeze) has brought my personal "Software Usability Index" score up a tad. It looks like there is still a ways to go before I would have released this software from beta, but it's good to know that the "Fab" team knows about the issues plaguing this software and are trying to get a handle on it.

Note: The Moderators ("Fab" Staff) are not taking "P.M.'s". With the state of the software, they must have been overwhelmed. I shot one a quick request for a read and a comment on this thread, and got a notice that she is not taking "P.M.'s". This is not a derogatory note, I just want to save someone else the trouble of trying.
                          Last edited by supine; 05-31-2023, 06:54 PM.

Comment

The failure rate has NOT diminished. I don't know why some files say processing then fail, but it's frequent. If the word processing shows up on a download, it fails 100% of the time. Hope this is a clue for the "Fab" team. The failure continues to be "Failure accessing Video information". I still don't know what Video has to do with an audio file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Processing.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	426043
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by supine; 05-31-2023, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                              Update 1,0.0.3 is here! Woo-hoo! With it comes the good and the not-so good.

For a while, it appeared that the team had the truncation problem licked. I managed to get at least 17 albums in the can while trying to get an artists discography. I was very happy, thinking that the team had the problem licked and I was wasting my time auditing every track. I was so shocked when I encountered a truncated track toward the end of an album, that I had to re-audit it three times before I believed it. Every track after that, on that album and the remaining three albums were truncated.
                              There is still a fairly high failure rate. It might be my imagination, but I believe that the failure rate has gone down a little. The Failure to process Video notice was still there on some failures, but others just said "failed" with no reason stated. From time to time, the process bar will disappear and the word "Processing" will appear. This is a pretty good indicator that the track is about to fail.

Note: When I say "Truncated", the progress bar continues to move for the allotted time stated on the track, but all audio ceases just under ten seconds into the file.

There is still good news. When I accessed Spotify, I did not encounter an error page (So far so good), and the MusicFab U.I. stayed unfrozen for the duration of my session. After the truncated files started appearing, I quit the program, and went back in expecting an error page, but the "Open" page appeared normally. (Thank you team)

The fact that I was able to get 17 good albums in the can before encountering a problem, and was actually able to access and navigate the "Open" page to select files, (Not to mention that the U.I. didn't freeze) has brought my personal "Software Usability Index" score up a tad. It looks like there is still a ways to go before I would have released this software from beta, but it's good to know that the "Fab" team knows about the issues plaguing this software and are trying to get a handle on it.

Note: The Moderators ("Fab" Staff) are not taking "P.M.'s". With the state of the software, they must have been overwhelmed. I shot one a quick request for a read and a comment on this thread, and got a notice that she is not taking "P.M.'s". This is not a derogatory note, I just want to save someone else the trouble of trying.
                              Thank you for using and testing our products and providing help to other users, your feedback will be recorded and solutions will be found.

Comment

Working...
                              X