No announcement yet.

Generate folder structure and filenames automatically based on download source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generate folder structure and filenames automatically based on download source

How can I solve the following problem:

When I download an album, it should be saved with the following folder structure and file name (example: [1234] -> folder name = 1234)

[download Source] => [artist] => [album (year)] => track number_Title

When I download a playlist, it should look like this (without changing the current setting):

[download source] => [playlist] => [playlist name (year)] => track number_title

This should ideally be possible with Amazon and Spotify; favorably also with the other providers or each individually adjustable. Does this already work with the current release?

Thanks a lot for the help!

When you download the album, you can try using the following schemeClick image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	307
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	426788

Comment

I also want change Artist then Title but its not possible, Title always stay before Artist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-21 212507.png
Views:	278
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	426883

Comment

I would also like it to be possible to customize the separator for the title, for example instead of _ between "track" and "title" a " - ".
        Additionally when downloading a song that has multiple artists, currently it will have both artists separated by a comma, would it be possible to add a toggle to instead only include the primary artist in the title and folder names?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaynator495 View Post
          I would also like it to be possible to customize the separator for the title, for example instead of _ between "track" and "title" a " - ".
          Additionally when downloading a song that has multiple artists, currently it will have both artists separated by a comma, would it be possible to add a toggle to instead only include the primary artist in the title and folder names?
          We will improve the naming separator you mentioned in the future, please look forward to it!

Comment

Thats fine, thanks for information.

Comment

Are there some News about change Artist then Title or naming separator?

Comment

Originally posted by Mig10 View Post
                Are there some News about change Artist then Title or naming separator?
                Regarding the update of the file name separator, our latest version has been released. Please upgrade your app and adjust it in the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia View Post

Regarding the update of the file name separator, our latest version has been released. Please upgrade your app and adjust it in the settings.
                  Thanks! Any update about being able to just have the primary artist instead of all the artists in a comma separated listed in the name when you have artist in the folder naming template? Or alternatively, if there are multiple artists, allow for a "Various Artists" category. Having all the artists in a comma separated list is messing up my plex media detection pretty bad

Comment

Working...
                  X