Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software encoding 4k CPU usage h265 goes crazy from 100% to 0% all the time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Software encoding 4k CPU usage h265 goes crazy from 100% to 0% all the time.

Hi,

I am currently testing UHD Ripper with the latest version available. Trying to convert to 4k h265 in software. It does work but the cpu usage constantly jumps from 100% to more or less 0% and this goes on all the time during conversion. Files are all on local drives, CPU is a i7 6700K @ 4.5 Ghz.

Any hint at what I am doping wrong? Is it a bug? Using this method I have a fps of around 4 when encoding (which I think is more or less ok for my CPU in software right?).

THanks

Hi Pino,
    The "pulsing" CPU probably indicates a bottleneck somewhere. If you are using the same drive as Source and Target, try splitting that to different drives for each. Also, attach a DVDFab internal log session for one of these conversions. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below. If you can''t see the link, press F5 while viewing the page.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

I don't have this issue when converting Bluray with h.264 or even h.265 with same dvdfab...they both give me stable 100% cpu usage. Same sources and destination locations. Both locations are on separate hard drives. Very weird. I will try under Win10 instead of Win7. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Pino72 View Post
        Hi,

I don't have this issue when converting Bluray with h.264 or even h.265 with same dvdfab...they both give me stable 100% cpu usage. Same sources and destination locations. Both locations are on separate hard drives. Very weird. I will try under Win10 instead of Win7. Any suggestions?
        try converting again but this time try removing all audio tracks and see how it goes this time - https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/issues/1138
        also check your computer's cooling and see if you're overheating.
        Last edited by october262; 02-15-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I am not using Handbrake....and i can not deselect all audio tracks in dvdfab, you need to have one selected. I am passing audio through so no conversion being done there and my cpu is well cooled.

Comment

Installed DVDFab on Win10 and same behaviour with 10.0.8.1. Every second it changes from 100% to 0% to 100% CPU usage all the time. Also tried differnet source locations and destinations (hdd's read/write speeds of 100Mbyte/s)....even network sources or SSD sources are not showing any differences.

Any idea? Like this I can not buy the software since it is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Pino72 View Post
              Hi,

Using this method I have a fps of around 4 when encoding (which I think is more or less ok for my CPU in software right?).

THanks
              that sounds ok, im getting roughly 12-15fps on my 1950x threadipper that is @4ghz 1.325v. custom loop water cooled

Comment

Hello Pino72,

Like signals said, please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

Regards,
                mona

Comment

Working...
                X