Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Strange green line on Xbox One S (Please UPDATE to the latest Xbox system)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an issue from both

But it's more an encoding issue than the Xbox, because with software encoding > no green line...

I tested CloneBD wich also use Cuda encoding - exactly the same issue. Im' certain that's a problem from Cuda Nvenc - wich is probably used with CloneBD and DVDfab..
    And unfortunatly, AMD APP / VCE can't be used with 10 bits encoding :/ .

The choice :

Software encoding = very slow encoding wich means a lot lot of times + great power consumption but no green line

or

Cuda encoding = Ultra fast, energy saving. But less quality than software and green line on top of screen...

I'm not the only one on earth to use Xbox to reads UHD...
    This problem is very annoying.

Comment

Microsoft has changed something within their Xbox Bluray App because the Version because the latest was Fine, and now with the latest Update the Green line appears at the the top of the screen.

Comment

Kalie, how can you explain that the problem only occurs with cuda encoding and not with software ?

My explanation is that something is not right with cuda encoding. And this is revealed by the Xbox...

Comment

I returned my Sony UBP-X700 due to various issues. Now I'm only with the Xbox.
          Will the "green line" issue will be solved ? No news from DVDFab team about that...

Comment

Originally posted by ministry49 View Post
            I returned my Sony UBP-X700 due to various issues. Now I'm only with the Xbox.
            Will the "green line" issue will be solved ? No news from DVDFab team about that...
            does the green line still appear if you play the movie on a thumb drive or HDD ??

Comment

No. 4k files playing on Xbox via USB don't interest me. And I'm pretty sure the Xbox will not succeeded to read them correctly - The Xbox as media player is barely unusable with 4k files...
              For 4k files via USB or Lan, I use my Xiaomi Mi Box 3.

I repeat again, the problem occurs only while playing 4K HDR discs recoded with cuda acceleration. Not with software encoding or without HDR with cuda.

It's a problem with Cuda encoding of HDR files.

And software encoding needs too much time (between 14 and 24 hours) on my Ryzen 7 (8 cores / 16 threads) at 3.8 Ghz !!!!
              With no option to reduce quality for better speed...
              Last edited by ministry49; 03-10-2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ministry49 View Post
                No. 4k files playing on Xbox via USB don't interest me. And I'm pretty sure the Xbox will not succeeded to read them correctly - The Xbox as media player is barely unusable with 4k files...
                For 4k files via USB or Lan, I use my Xiaomi Mi Box 3.

I repeat again, the problem occurs only while playing 4K HDR discs recoded with cuda acceleration. Not with software encoding or without HDR with cuda.

It's a problem with Cuda encoding of HDR files.

And software encoding needs too much time (between 14 and 24 hours) on my Ryzen 7 (8 cores / 16 threads) at 3.8 Ghz !!!!
                With no option to reduce quality for better speed...
                if the green line doesn't appear when you put the movie on the USB stick or HDD then can't you burn the movie to disc ??

Comment

It's not a problem of burning. It's a reading bug wich appear only with the XBox Blu-ray player software. Did you read previous posts october262 ?!
                  I won't repeat everytimes...
                  I tried everythings possible with the same conclusion > Cuda hdr encoding bug revealed by Xbox Blu-ray player.
                  I used CloneBD with the same result.

Comment

I'm angry. My encode took 16 hours to complete (full software).
                    With result, to notice that the sound is out of sync !!

What a waste of time !

I did another encode using full Cuda acceleration > sound is in sync...

Please devs, correct the issue. For Xbox UHD users, DVDFab is barely usable. I'm tired to make tests for nothing.

To resume :

- Cuda encoding - just the "green line issue"
                    - Software encoding - too much time needed for encoding and sound out of sync... but no green line :/
                    Last edited by ministry49; 03-11-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Hello,

We are sorry that you encounter this green line problem with CUDA encoding, our developers are trying to figure out this problem. Some more time is required. Please kindly wait for updates, Thank you.

Regards,
                      Mona

Comment

Anyone Try with Quicksync (Intel) acceleration? i want to buy a player for 4k in future, and want to buy a xbox but with these problems im wainting...

Comment

Two months since I reported the green line problem with the Xbox. No solution on the latest updates...

Comment

Up !

Devs, are you working on the Xbox "green line problem" ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                              Hello all,

Thank you for the updated info. I have passed them to the developers.

Currently, please use software for encoding for now.

Regards,
                              mona
                              Any news?

No fix in 10.0.9.0.

This is a issue from Hardware encode.

I already try a software encode, and don't have green line.

Comment

green line on xbox one x as well

Comment

Working...
                                X