Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just bought a supported UHD drive (BRUHD-PU3) but it won't work!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper I just bought a supported UHD drive (BRUHD-PU3) but it won't work!!!

I am extremely frustrated. I just bought your UHD ripper, and followed your article https://www.dvdfab.cn/4k-uhd-drives.htm to purchase a Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 usb UHD drive, but it does NOT work! All DVDFab tells me is that the drive is not supported!

I have no idea how to find out if it has the right version of the firmware, or how to reflash it with the correct version if it is the wrong one.

What do I do please? I spent over $300 between the drive and the Ripper software, so I am very upset right now. This should be easier to make work!

Thank you for any help!

Originally posted by menkalos View Post
    I am extremely frustrated. I just bought your UHD ripper, and followed your article https://www.dvdfab.cn/4k-uhd-drives.htm to purchase a Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 usb UHD drive, but it does NOT work! All DVDFab tells me is that the drive is not supported!

I have no idea how to find out if it has the right version of the firmware, or how to reflash it with the correct version if it is the wrong one.

What do I do please? I spent over $300 between the drive and the Ripper software, so I am very upset right now. This should be easier to make work!

Thank you for any help!
    You can check the firmware version in "DVDFab Common Settings>Drives>Drives" section.

Comment

Ok. It definitely is BU11, and I apparently need BU10. But I can't find any site that provides that as a download or provides instructions. Can you please point me to the right location? Thank you very much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by menkalos View Post
        Ok. It definitely is BU11, and I apparently need BU10. But I can't find any site that provides that as a download or provides instructions. Can you please point me to the right location? Thank you very much!!!
        dvdfab will have a downgrade tool releasing soon for downgrading UHD drives - https://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-ann...-drives-85384/

Comment

If you need someone to test your firmware downgrade tool, please let me know! :-)

Comment

Any word on this new firmware downgrading tool?

Comment

Very interested in this downgrade tool, as well. I just bought a drive (Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK) and it is at BU11. I didn't realize it needed to be an old version and the seller didn't specify or provide information on what version it had, anyway. I've looked around but haven't been able to find a firmware download for BU10.

Any ETA guesstimate?

Thanks!!

Comment

Great news on the tool! Wonder when it will arrive.

Comment

It's now in test stage, should arrive soon.

Comment

Downgrader now available!!!

-LeRoy3rd

Comment

Will the downgrader be available on the Mac?

Comment

The downgrader is available, but it doesn't support this drive yet! :-(

Comment

Would also really love support for the Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 drive!! Please, dvdfab!

Comment

Working...
                          X