No announcement yet.

UHD Rips to MKV are getting an "extra" 1080p track that is "forced"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper UHD Rips to MKV are getting an "extra" 1080p track that is "forced"

I don't know if this is a bug or an attempted copyright protection scheme, but about 50% of my 4K rips end up with TWO video tracks in the MKV (per the MKVToolNix tool). One track is the correct 4K video stream. The other is only 1080p and usually consists of all black or all white, and is set to a "forced" track, so playback fails.

If I use MKVToolNix to rewrite the file with ONLY the correct tracks, it all works great! But why is that "extra" track getting in there in the first place?

Thanks for any help!

Just happened again with the 4K rip of The Meg. One 4K video track that is fine, and one 1080p track that is solid dark green. As soon as I remultiplex the video to remove the 1080p track that is marked as a "Forced Track", the final file is perfect. Why is DVDFab UHD Ripper leaving this extra 1080p track in the final file?

Comment

Originally posted by menkalos View Post
      Just happened again with the 4K rip of The Meg. One 4K video track that is fine, and one 1080p track that is solid dark green. As soon as I remultiplex the video to remove the 1080p track that is marked as a "Forced Track", the final file is perfect. Why is DVDFab UHD Ripper leaving this extra 1080p track in the final file?
      We are trying to reproduce the problem.
      Meanwhile, please feedback with the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file. Thanks.

Comment

Pretty sure it's Dolby Vision color info. I've had a couple movies do something similar, and have had to use mkvtoolnix to remove the second video file.

Comment

Hi menkalos & ruggercb,

What player did you use for the playback?
          In what playback environment, did the playback fail?

Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 05-29-2019, 02:11 AM.

Comment

VLC Media Player. I also used MKVToolnix to remove the extra video track, and the resulting file was fine.

Comment

Working...
            X