Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grencola
    replied
    may I ask why the .mp4 limitation when .ts is more extensive? adding a ts.dolbyvision passthrough profile would allow direct copying of video AND audio, preserving both dv and hd-audio+atmos/dts:x, which a lot of new TV models, and external devices now support. you guys would have the ultimate converter!

Leave a comment:

• signals
    replied
    We do not generally discuss other products here. The "how" should be considered proprietary.

Leave a comment:

• MrMC
    replied
    Fantastic work, DVDFab 11.0.3.7 can do a direct copy/merge of the HD10/DolbyVision into one stream. MP4 container though.

Now take this video stream and add the original audio stream into a mkv and it would be perfect. MrMC for AppleTV4K can play that just fine and do the display switch into DolbyVision.

As one of the developers of MrMC, I'd give my left nut to know the merging details. I have some suspicions but have not tried them...

Scott.D

Leave a comment:

• FQs19
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
    Hi,

Ripper UHD with compress and Dolby Vision will coming soon.

Wilson
    That's good news.
    Hopefully Copy Audio will be added too.

Leave a comment:

• Wilson.Wang
    replied
    Hi,

Ripper UHD with compress and Dolby Vision will coming soon.

Wilson

Leave a comment:

• FQs19
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
    Hi,

Yes, it will be played back as HDR by using the profile MKV.H265.10bit.

The TV does not playback the HD audio, and also not have any software player can play the Dolby Vision file source. So we remove the copy audio option.

Thanks!

Wilson
    I know that a Dolby Vision title played back on a TV that only decodes HDR, will play back in HDR, I'm asking if we will ever be able to rip (convert) a Dolby Vision title into a smaller file size but keep Dolby Vision?
    I don't want to copy it bit for bit.

About the Copy Audio, I have a tv and an audio receiver that can decode every audio codec there is, so it would be great if you could add Copy Audio as an option.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Wilson.Wang
    replied
    Hi,

Will there ever be a profile that can rip Dolby Vision to say High Quality or Fast like the MKV.H265.10bit profile can with HDR?
    Yes, it will be played back as HDR by using the profile MKV.H265.10bit.

Is there a reason why this Dolby Vision Profile can't Copy Audio? It only gives convert options.
    The TV does not playback the HD audio, and also not have any software player can play the Dolby Vision file source. So we remove the copy audio option.

Thanks!

Wilson

Leave a comment:

• FQs19
    started a topic UHD Ripper New MP4 Dolby Vision Profile Questions

New MP4 Dolby Vision Profile Questions

It's great that we now have a Dolby Vision Profile for the ripper, but it's currently only a video Passthrough profile.

Will there ever be a profile that can rip Dolby Vision to say High Quality or Fast like the MKV.H265.10bit profile can with HDR?

Is there a reason why this Dolby Vision Profile can't Copy Audio? It only gives convert options.
Working...
X