UHD disc - "Secret Life of Pets" stuck at 12%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD disc - "Secret Life of Pets" stuck at 12%

I have this drive and I've successfully downgraded the FW to BU10. Just testing it out now on a UHD disc - "Secret Life of Pets". Seems to taking a while. Been running for 3 hours 30 minutes and seems to be stuck at 12%. Will let it run and see what's what.

Got bored waiting for the rip, so used another bit of software to make a .mkv, and it seems to have worked. Will leave DVDFab to run with the disc overnight and see what's there when I get up in the morning.

I do like to have the film on my media player, but I really like a 1:1 copy so I can have the menus and additional features.

I'll report back once things settle down as this is a first for me!

Comment

Hi thxtexed , the problem you posted is different from the old topic, so I move it to a new one.

Just testing it out now on a UHD disc - "Secret Life of Pets". Seems to taking a while. Been running for 3 hours 30 minutes and seems to be stuck at 12%.
      Log files that reflect the process are needed to help check the problem.
      Please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file. You can refer to the image attached for info about locating DVDFab log folder.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	open log folder.png
Views:	314
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	368695

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks for coming back to me. I had posted in the section that dealt with the Buffalo drive, just to say that I had managed to complete the downgrade of the firmware, something that several people were posting that they wanted to do that, so technically, in the right place, although, yes, I am having issues with the 1:1 copy taking forever so providing feedback on the drive.

As for the logs, which file is required?

Comment

Ah, tried to upload the correct log, but it's coming up with an error.

Comment

Trying the upload from URL.

Comment

Error on that too.

Comment

FYI. Ripping the film to MKV is fine.

Comment

Please confirm whether you have the same stuck problem with other movies or not.
                  If only for "Secret Life of Pets", please provide a buy url.

Comment

This is the only UHD BluRay I have at the moment. There is another one arriving tomorrow so I shall test it then.

What do you mean about "a buy URL"?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-03 17.37.33.png
Views:	183
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	368876 Here's a quick screen grab when it slows right down.

Comment

And a cleaned up log before I cancelled the job.

Again the drive is running at full speed, but the read mb/s has dropped right off.
                        Attached Files

Comment

My second UHD movie is not supported at this time so unable to test further.

Comment

Figured out what was going on with the slowness, you would have thought that when you're doing a 1:1 copy the software would select a disc size greater than the source. Now I know why it was going so slow.

I am getting things to work, but I'm getting sector errors. The disc is clean. The drive is brand new. Is there a way of slowing down the drive speed?

Comment

Working...
                            X