X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AcIDc0r3
    replied
    Originally posted by dgorrd View Post
    I found comments elsewhere in this forum that the problem was with GTX 900 series graphics cards which can't process H265. I upgraded my graphics card to RTX 2070 and now the 4K compressed rips only take about 45 minutes, and only pause 1 or 2 minutes at 11% done.
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• dgorrd
    replied
    I found comments elsewhere in this forum that the problem was with GTX 900 series graphics cards which can't process H265. I upgraded my graphics card to RTX 2070 and now the 4K compressed rips only take about 45 minutes, and only pause 1 or 2 minutes at 11% done.

Leave a comment:

• AcIDc0r3
    replied
    Originally posted by dgorrd View Post
    What was the total time it took to rip your compressed versions if it only started going up after 1 hour 43 minutes?
    I ripped Alien Covenant, it was 02:02:00 long, compressed via MKV.H265.10bit with HDR. It took a total of 14:14:00 and yielded an 18Gb file.

As a point of reference, I ripped the standard Blu-ray in MKV.H265.8bit and the file size was 9Gb so the file size of a UHD movie is around twice the size than a normal Blu-ray.
    Last edited by AcIDc0r3; 06-17-2019, 05:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dgorrd
    replied
    What was the total time it took to rip your compressed versions if it only started going up after 1 hour 43 minutes?

Leave a comment:

• AcIDc0r3
    replied
    I started ripping Alien Covenant last night and I also thought mine got stuck at 11% but I just left it and after one hour and forty three minutes it started to go up. I would say just give it some time. I think the software jumps up to 11 or 12 percent and then it has to play catch up to get to that point and then goes from there at a regular speed.

As for the passthrough, I had the same issue, you have to unselect passthrough first and then you can select either MKV or MP4 4K H265 10bit.

Leave a comment:

• UHD movies rip on passthru but not compressed

I've got several movies (Bumblebee and Captain Marvel) that rip fine when UHD passthrough is used, but when I select MP4.4K.H265.10bit or MKV.4K.H265.10bit they rip to about 12% and then get stuck. The profiles give no error messages, they just get stuck. I also tried MP4.SDR but the program said that was an invalid profile. Why won't these discs rip in anything other than passthrough? Passthrough makes for about 45GB files so I don't want to keep doing those.
Working...
X