My First UHD Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First UHD Copy

Just did my first UHD Full Disc Copy and thought I'd record my experience. The drive I used is an Archgon Model MD-8107-U3 purchased in July 2020. The drive firmware was version 1.01. I put the disc in, clicked Full Disc Copy, and got...read errors, like the disc was bad. The program did not inform me that the drive firmware was an issue, although I suspected it based on reading about UHD drives. I knew there was a UHDDRIVETOOL that was supposed to be able to fix drive firmware by downgrading it. It was included in the DVDFab All-In-One package that I had just upgraded to, so I looked for the program and found the UHDDRIVETOOL.EXE file in the "C:\Program Files\DVDFab 12" folder. I double-clicked it, and nothing happened. Eventually I found that the tool can be run from within the DVDFab application by going to the "Launchpad" icon and then selecting it. After downgrading the drive firmware to version 1.00 with the UHDDRIVETOOL, the Full Disc Copy proceeded without read errors just like a normal Blu-ray Full Disc Copy.
Working...
X