No announcement yet.

Slow Ripping and Copying with 13.0.1.7 to 13.0.1.9 compared to 12.1.1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Slow Ripping and Copying with 13.0.1.7 to 13.0.1.9 compared to 12.1.1.5

I recently re-installed Windows 11 on the same PC I've been using and when I started copying and ripping blurays and UHD discs, both processes were half the FPS of what I remembered they were.
    I saw max FPS of 55 to 60 with a bluray reading from a CD drive. When ripping a UHD from an ISO, I saw a max of 80 FPS.
    These numbers are less than half of what I originally had under the same scenario.

I've tried all kinds of things, including re-installing DVDFab and chipset drivers, adjusting Pathplayer settings, and trying four different versions of DVDFab including 12.1.1.5 which confirmed what I was seeing.

My PC specs are as follows:
    Asus ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha
    Threadripper 3960x Auto OC
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB @ 3600 CL16 (four sticks total)
    Asus ROG Strix LC GeForce RTX 3080ti OC Edition
    Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME

Is there a known problem with the latest versions?
    Is DVDFab not recognizing my system correctly?
    What other steps can I take to get back my original performance?

I have some logs from ripping the same bluray disc with multiple DVDFab 13.0.1.x versions.

I also have logs from ripping the same UHD iso with 13.0.1.9 and 12.1.1.5.
    I will include the logs and a screenshot from ripping the same UHD iso with versions 13.0.1.9 and 12.1.1.5.

Please let me know what else I can provide for a solution.

Thanks
    Chris

screenshot is 12.1.1.5 ripping speed. 13.0.1.x versions speed was less than half of this.
    Attached Files

Thank you for the detailed information, the developers will look into the slow problem and check the log files asap.

Comment

It appears that version 13.0.2.3 resolved the slow ripping speed by turning hardware acceleration back on.

Comment

Working...
      X